Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Jen

Community Crunch 137: Code of Conduct Changes, Community Livestream Round-Up, & DevKit Update!

Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

This rule would have too much of a drawback.

I am solo on my main server (Ragnarok) but have an extensive alliance. This same alliance have banded together as one tribe on an island server to ascend and will as well on an Aberration server to ascend there. 

Being that this is a sandbox game with an enormous amount of different ways to play from both a PvE and PvP perspective, your rule would make it so that the only focus could be beating the game in a very linear way, really going against the very nature of Ark.

While one of my primary focus' along the way is beating the bosses and ascending I also enjoy pushing the stats on Quetzal's and Yuty's.  These dino's get me stuff I'd have a harder time getting on just my own. Now I keep a reasonable number of tames (never go over 250 and mostly keep it between 225 and 235) but with your rule I'd never be able to tribe up on the island to ascend and would have to create my own base (more lag) and increase my overall tame number (affecting server cap and more lag) to be able to keep my dino's fed, farm certain materials I need, etc. on that ascension server instead of sharing resources/tames as we currently do.

The only true fix is better servers with a higher cap limit or a personal account tame limit across all official servers based on a unique game I.D. making it so you would need to buy multiple accounts and copies of the game to supersede that number and if you're willing to do that then you have earned those extra dino's

I think you did not understand. It has nothing to do with alliance or ability to do boss, or etc.

I'm talking about the dino limit per tribe being 500, but this number is global, adding ALL the dinos that the tribe owns, even though they are separated between several servers. If the tribe has 100 dinos on a server "X" and 400 dinos on another base on server "Y", then it would reach its 500 dinos limit.

This would prevent us from having tribes with multiple bases, on several servers, full of dinos and taking the server to the limit. There are tribes that have servers full of dodos, lytros and other crap, just to hold the slot to be able to create when it is convenient. But these same tribes have a "main base" where they keep only the TOP of their list of dinos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, arrojado1200 said:

I think you did not understand. It has nothing to do with alliance or ability to do boss, or etc.

You didn't understand. I am not in a tribe with them on one server but am in a tribe with them on another server. So how does that situation affect us? We tribed to simplify the process of ascension. 

I am in another tribe with some buddies from legacy. My only task in that tribe is to feed and refresh timers when they go on vacation. I also trade them/give them dino's. Dino's I raise on my server and then stay with me when I download to their server but with a separate character even though they are now theirs. How does your fix affect that?

Does my Ragnarok cap add to their cap and vice versa? That means I can't have multiple characters or multiple tribes even if they are rarely used and for ease of transfer purposes/to care for dino's?

There's to many situations your proposed fix ignores so it won't work without limiting the very nature of this game. 

Better and more servers and higher server cap is the only fix. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

You didn't understand. I am not in a tribe with them on one server but am in a tribe with them on another server. So how does that situation affect us? We tribed to simplify the process of ascension. 

I am in another tribe with some buddies from legacy. My only task in that tribe is to feed and refresh timers when they go on vacation. I also trade them/give them dino's. Dino's I raise on my server and then stay with me when I download to their server but with a separate character even though they are now theirs. How does your fix affect that?

Does my Ragnarok cap add to their cap and vice versa? That means I can't have multiple characters or multiple tribes even if they are rarely used and for ease of transfer purposes/to care for dino's?

There's to many situations your proposed fix ignores so it won't work without limiting the very nature of this game. 

Better and more servers and higher server cap is the only fix. 

 

As a Chinese scholar already said: what has no solution, is already solved.

I understood your point of view now ... so I conclude there is no way out.

His proposal of better servers, with more dino capacity, would not work either. That would be a temporary solution, sooner or later the server would be packed again.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/26/2018 at 10:41 AM, SpCowboy said:

PvE Specific Griefing

Additional rule

Intentionally filling the server tame limit via spamming tames and/or rafts

OK, seems a fair new rule, for those "Sloth Trolls" (For Example: Go Ragnarok 42 PVE, spawn on Highlands N and you will see the best example for this kind of people, more than 100 dodos on a cage, tribe name is Maja Cool...something)

But how you will apply this to "Breeders" that have literally hundreds of females to get more chances of mutations? It is not a kind of trolling too? they just want to achieve kind of notority on forums with their colors and stats, but keep servers on their limits, and there are even some "Smarts" that also have alt accounts as ally tribes to store more dinos on their bases, because they all eat from the same troughs, on ly need log 10 secs to reset timer...

Those eternal breeders are also limiting new players on some kind of way, dont you think?

NO. Breeders are helping the players to do the upper-level content by breeding BOSS dinos and distributing them so others do not have to breed them. People just do not think about what they have and where it came from. Imagine running Alpha Boss fights with fresh tamed and leveled dinos? You would lose many of your dinos every run if not get wiped most of the time. How many times after losing everything would you keep trying to run the BOSS fights?

The Real issue limiting servers is that they allow 70 to 100 tribes per server. The math will never add up. 11 tribes with 500 tames will cap the server so how many dinos can you have if you have 70 tribes; 78 dinos! As long as WC allows more than 11 tribes per server you will always have tame cap issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A lot of these new rules would make many an unofficial player envious for their unenforceable, undefinable and ambiguous nature. I am used to seeing unofficial servers with gems like "No excessive damage when raiding" and the ever generic "No griefing" but I never thought Wild Card would try and give them a run for their money.

In all honesty unless you put in hard coded solutions to enforce these rules or employ a group of admins to actively enforce them, then these rules are little more then false reassurances that don't solve anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Cinnamongod said:

NO. Breeders are helping the players to do the upper-level content by breeding BOSS dinos and distributing them so others do not have to breed them. People just do not think about what they have and where it came from. Imagine running Alpha Boss fights with fresh tamed and leveled dinos? You would lose many of your dinos every run if not get wiped most of the time. How many times after losing everything would you keep trying to run the BOSS fights?

The Real issue limiting servers is that they allow 70 to 100 tribes per server. The math will never add up. 11 tribes with 500 tames will cap the server so how many dinos can you have if you have 70 tribes; 78 dinos! As long as WC allows more than 11 tribes per server you will always have tame cap issues.

I was talking about those "Endless Breeder" they keep trying, for their own reasons, to get higher HP and Melee or "cool" colors, all as a personal projects, and this "game mode" is like the icebergs, we see less than 10% of those  breeders on forums, because the other 90%  doesnt publish or sales their stats, because someone else is one mutation higher than them, but they keep mating their dinos, trying to take the pole of the race in the future.

Maybe devs need add a timer to tammed dinos and make them vanish at its end, the timer will increase, just like torpidity does, higher lvls will stay more time on the tribe.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

smalltribe servers:
Lots of rules... Rules without enforcement are meaningless.
There's no admin... and you need a picture to report.
Most tribes ain't stupid, and they will avoid raiding at the same time, they will attack one after the other, so you wont be able to picture it.
and they wont attack each other of course and help each other.
So whats the point?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, Sugarfairy2 said:

Wildcard, issue concerning trike costumes has a terrible glitch to the point i had to take them off.  I play on ps4.  The skin is gorgeous but please fix it.

Without actually saying what the problem with the trike skin is then how can you expect anyone to "fix" it.

Edited by GP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/25/2018 at 7:27 PM, Kai905 said:

The whole quetz platform counting as 20 tames is not helping cap at all either. You figure, if theres 15 different tribes on pve all having atleast 1 thats 300 tames right there. 

Doesn't that only count as 20 toward tribe (not server) cap?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/25/2018 at 10:18 PM, Gafgarion said:

What exactly means "Spamming Tames"?

20180628202254_1a.thumb.jpg.bcd4e49f44397f214fb46d3f5a9aa572.jpg

I am curious, as well. After what amount of a dino is it considered spamming? What tier of dino is the cutoff? What about the asian tribes that infest NA servers and run businesses and/or stockpile stuff like the above?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 2:08 AM, Lucian said:

The point of the mod program is to get high quality mods for Ark. They *pay* the sponsored mod authors to develop the mods as long as they are working on it and they are hitting their goals. Its always been about a partnership with the modders. They talk about it in the announcement.

I know its not what the people on console want to hear, but the mods have always been a huge part of Ark. They are not going to abandon such a large part of the community just because some platforms don't support mods. Unfortunately, that's a thing with consoles, and has been since I have been gaming.  

To be honest, the quality of mods jumped tremendously once they started the program. Over the years I have had several issues due to the mods running on my servers. Much less so with the sponsored mods.

you said that "They *pay* the sponsored mod authors to develop the mods as long as they are working on it and they are hitting their goals."

Too bad ARK can not hit their goals when they announce things like spring of 2018 we are bringing out this dlc then pushed too summer and now it's the fall for Extinction! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Paultron89 said:

Doesn't that only count as 20 toward tribe (not server) cap?

I dount see how that would make sense though...they cant even figure out how to stop dinos from falling into the map let alone the number of tames and knowing which are platforms and which arent lol its either they’re tames or they’re not...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey wildcard, the way you're going to be able to ACTUALLY limit mega tribe abuse on the small tribe PVP servers is if you make tribe formation count cluster-wide as opposed to server specific. That way, no matter what server you take your character to, you're still in the same tribe of 6 people.

You'll want to put a cool down on people leaving and joining the tribe too. Ultimately, you'll never flush out the mega tribe thing completely but something ridiculous like a 7 day cool down would definitely deter people from jumping back and forth between tribes. 

The verbal banning informal alliances is ultimately going to be difficult if not impossible to enforce. It needs to be incorporated into the game mechanics. 

The small tribe servers are super fun and you've got the right idea. Just not all the way there yet. 

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, GP said:

The trike costume stretches at the eyelid ti the feet and does this flickering and then when i come in you see several lines stretching.  I have photos but cant upload from my ps4.  Its like nodes of the mesh are being pulled.  If you add me on psn ill show the pics happily.

Edited by Sugarfairy2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/25/2018 at 6:33 PM, Lexire said:

It's nice that WC is recognising raft spam as against the rules now, but are we still completely ignoring tame cap issues? Rafts aren't causing servers to cap out as fast as they are, its people holding dinos on multiple servers they don't play on. Spamming tames only makes uploading your tames for a slot difficult, doesn't fix the fact you have to upload just to tame something you need. You brought out more servers and within days they were capped, how are we expected to keep playing like this? Just wait for Extinction to come out so people will move a few tames off i suppose.

It was lovely that you gave us a 3x event, but as soon as it hit my breeding server capped out leaving the rest of the weekend as a reconstruction of what happens on my main server. Waiting for a slot and trying to incubate eggs so i can sort out a dino line, having half the community scream at eachother because they want to mate. We're struggling here, WC. We can't all go unofficial or private, big tribes go down and within days we're capped again.

 

 

Here here well said. I bet Extiction will be the same. Tame cap almost takes the fun out of ark for me and my crew. We moved to a server searched for a spot to set up, after hundreds of pillars that we ran into we found one. Then once we wanted to tame a few hours later server was capped forcing us to trade for dinos.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/26/2018 at 7:27 AM, Kai905 said:

The whole quetz platform counting as 20 tames is not helping cap at all either. You figure, if theres 15 different tribes on pve all having atleast 1 thats 300 tames right there. 

I did some testing recently on legacy PVE and platform saddles only count as 1 tame slot. Doubt it's any different for new PVE, but could be different for PVP.

I started a new tribe, claimed a quetzal then put a platform on it, built on it and it stayed as 1 tame slot. I guess they realised how bad it was for tame caps on PVE.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On June 30, 2018 at 6:39 AM, Sugarfairy2 said:

The trike costume stretches at the eyelid ti the feet and does this flickering and then when i come in you see several lines stretching.  I have photos but cant upload from my ps4.  Its like nodes of the mesh are being pulled.  If you add me on psn ill show the pics happily.

 

On June 29, 2018 at 5:13 PM, GP said:

Without actually saying what the problem with the trike skin is then how can you expect anyone to "fix" it.

I did explain but you answered my older post instead.  I quit no point in alerting issues, ty for trying.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×