Good Base location for SP

darcek

On 6/29/2018 at 2:59 PM, Yster said:

o wait your on SP? build any where you want.. the maps is your to conquer 

gee weez... What are you on Sir lol.. big help there kudos..?

Anyways..back to the topic.. 

So Ive already moved three times my base! and whatsmore seems im gone probebly move again.. lol :Jerbcry:

Seem they made this map with a very unforgiven settings..you start from a seemngly quit area...Mushroom forest and surroundings..

Then you discover your missing essiential dinos,cp and most naturally:Metal!

So now im at my third base location.. Bluedom. This place "seems" to have everything I want.. except space.. 

Theres tons of metal,and finally usfull dinos like Anky,bary and frogs to name a few..

Problem is..Nameless.. seem I can only build a "safe base around those spining generators emiting light..otherwise its kaput time..

So started building third base..this is kinda getting arduos.. As for the restraint in space area,I might build few small bases,each with its own purpose around close area where generators are..

Question is how comftorble such a setting will be ... more news as we progress...

I would say building by fertile lake on the west side of it would be good or down the path on the west end between the lake and the rivers south of it.

theres plenty of metal on route to surface entrance by there,  and if you were based in the path I suggest you wouldn’t be that far away from getting ur own crab an spinos.  It would also put the blue zone reasonably close.  If you need to get closer to blue ,  just build a second base and bed between them.

From what you have mentioned it sounds like the border between green zone and blue zone is where you want to be. I would recommend following the river until it waterfalls into the blue zone around 34,58 or so. Just up from the river is a surface entrance with access to all the oil and metal you can carry. This is a pretty good main base area for early game setup. Pro tip ....when you go farming on the surface for oil and you hear something weird....just run. Seriously the surface is lousy with reapers and if you try to fight your way out in the early game your going to have a bad time. But with a single ravager and my volume turned up loud for reaper signs I have safely farmed oil,metal,ob on the surface.

GL

On 6/28/2018 at 2:14 AM, darcek said:

I decided to start at the Mushroom Forest,and so far decision seem good..have plenty of rocks and wood,and water close by...

And most importantly the Carnivores(spidercrabs and spinos) keep to the river..

My base spots are:

the first base I have built near the NE surface entrance. Made of wood. there are 2 metal rocks nearby. As soon as you get metal, go for the cliff base right at the tunnel going to surface (very close to where you make the wood hut). This allows you also to have tons of keratin easily accessible. From there, there is nearby waterfall going to blu area. With several ziplines you can get to bottom, and use a ravager to get some more tons of metal.

Second base: advanced in the blu biome, around 55,55. Close to blue gems, metal (well, si everywhere there), crystal, obsidian, gas nodes, charge nodes. Also, from there going down in red area (once you are ready) is very quick, as it's close to the boundary.

Third base: in the red, there is a radiation free area on the road to drake eggs. I have built there a metal base.

4th base: surface, at the NE entrance, so close to the first, just up instead of down. there is a safe spot in the shadows in the first few meter of surface. Just lay down some hatch/wood foundations and come back the following night, to check out which one survived and which one didn't. Here I have built a tek tier base, with tek turrents to cover my retreat when I go for element ore.

• 1 month later...

Honestly, I love the location at 40, 50.  It's right on the river, overlooking the edge down and near the path into the biolum area.  There are plenty of natural resources, low threat except near the water, and the surface entrance is an easy hop away.  Also, there is a patch of green there where the sun shines through that I really like.  Good luck!  :)

Archived