PvP and undermeshing

Vengecide

How often do people get undermesh. All i hear is people getting undermeshed but how often are people actually getting undermeshed. I was suppose to join my buddies alpha tribe that was established on multiple servers but they got wiped and undermeshed. Its questioning my view of official pvp i love the grind and i used to be in a mega alliance on legacy before the new officials came out. But its like is it really worth it to build up just to be undermeshed if i make it to Alpha. Cause it seems like all the big mega alliances and big tribes get to do whatever they want. What is other peoples opinions, Are people really getting undermeshed as much as they say they are or is it just an excuse for being wiped sometimes. Im just getting back to ark after a couple months break.

Well, I believe they fixed some undermeshing techniques but it's still quite doable. This is also one of the reason I switched to PvE after almost 4kh of official PvP. I just had enough and decided to retire of PvP on a nice PvE server, that turned out to be quite a good timing as I got on when all the PvE servers were new and server cap was a thing that would happen only 6 months after I started. Sadly, if you switch to PvE now, you will only be met with more frustration because of the capped servers and make you really, really bloodthirsty.

You have my prayers. :Jerblove:

Unfortunately since the realese of ark my tribe has been undermapped more times that raided, to a 3:1 ratio. Only once has undermapping led to a full wipe and we certainly learned from it, parasaurs can be helpful in warning you that their are enemies under you and tell railguns can stop someone if they don't have a bed under your base but most of the time they do. Doing things like building in an area where theirs no terrain rocks or caves under you can help and if you keep your generators on the second or third floor of your buildings it's very unlikely that someone will foundation wipe a base or large turret tower from under the map and they will not be able to disable turrets but they can still snipe tames. Unfortunately the only way to completely defend yourself form undermappers most of the time is going under yourself and fighting them under the map or knowing how to get under your base and block that area off.

1 hour ago, Yster said:

if your under mapped to meshed. its sort of your own fault. 

Don't give cheaters an out which this statement is. 

People should be able to build where they want. Undermeshing is the fault of cheaters and Wildcards inability to fix it not the person who just wants to build a base and PvP properly.

• 2 months later...
On 6/25/2018 at 11:22 AM, oScottieHo said:

I hear it happens once or twice a week,its simple to do and every map can be undermeshed.

Every part of the map can be reached but very few people know the routes you have to take.

Silly really but oh well.

When I tried to mesh my own base I used a platform saddle and a chair but I got pushed to the surface and died to fall damage as soon as I stand up from the chair. So I think there are some parts of the map you can't reach or there must be another way.

Archived