Jump to content

sokdatbob

Quetzal on mobile

Recommended Posts

On 6/28/2018 at 10:33 AM, Censiblecen said:

It took me about 2-3 hours of flying around on a max speed Pteranodon to find mine. There's no specific location to find them in, but I would suggest flying over rivers or any area without really tall trees or stuff like that. Also, sort of related, what method do you intend to use to KO it?

I've been searching for one for days to find one but now that I think about it I have no idea how I'm actually going to take it down. Any tips?

  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There ares a lot of ways to get a quetzal...

 

if your on online ..and if you have a tribemate that has tapejara.. let that tribemate help you tame a quetzal.. since tapejara can have 2people ride on it.. the one is the driver and the other is the one shooting tranq darts/arrow on quetzal...

Or if solo watch this vid although only the  argentavis method is available for mobile...but it not necessary youll need an argy any flyer will do..

https://youtu.be/-hjnFyvf_Dk

 

One other way is you need a reviving platform..build a cage arround it..find a quetzal kill it  get the implant and revive it on ur  reviving platform... downside on this  is that you wont get any taming effectiveness.. but it doesnt matter cuz  since  it will be alot easier To tame another quetzal if you have already have one

Edited by DeVoiD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/26/2018 at 11:03 AM, Korkan said:

I’ve found them by the red obelisk, the red woods and the snow biome. I just take fly an argy and have 2 or three other birds follow me and whistle them to target it until it falls. Then rush to get the implant and revive it in a trap

That's pretty smart

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/26/2018 at 11:03 AM, Korkan said:

I’ve found them by the red obelisk, the red woods and the snow biome. I just take fly an argy and have 2 or three other birds follow me and whistle them to target it until it falls. Then rush to get the implant and revive it in a trap

Is there a certain height you have to fly at though because I can just never seem to find one when flying

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One Quetzal implant I had cost 18 ancient amber to revive. It was a level 13. You can't grapple onto an Arge, I've tried, it doesn't work. You can grapple onto a Pteranodon though. I wish anyone and everyone luck on taming a Quetzal solo in Ark Mobile. 

I suggest crafting up a bunch of ballistas and chain bolas and place them on the mountain peaks, then gently harass the quetzal until it gets close to one of the ballistas, quickly land by the ballista and chain bola it. It will be frustrating as the Quetzal doesn't always go the way you want it to, but I did get it close enough to my ballista. I could have caught if my Arge hadn't had the brain worms and wouldn't land where I wanted it to land.

Tapejara can latch on to the sides of cliffs and large redwood trees. Just fly up to the cliff or tree and swipe down just like you would if you were landing. The tapejara will flip upside down, latch onto whatever surface and hold on. Once it is latched on, you can then use your tranquilizing weapon to tranq Quetzals or whatever you want. I brought down a whole pack of Allosaurus this way. They agroed on me and just stood there and took the darts like champs. It does take some getting used to. (A good tip for staying out of reach of predators during the night, however the stamina doesn't recover, but it doesn't drop either). 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tips for finding quetzal start at red obelisk and go to the height of the obelisk's bottom the fly to the green obelisk and to tame quetzal I reccomend a high melee scorpion or frog being carried by an argyle. Set the scorpion/frog to aggressive then every 10 seconds fly near the quetzal and sting it to knock it out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quetzals are just generally hard to locate (depending on your level), they are extremely rare and can be located across the entire island, good tips if you are willing to spend money or take hours to watch adds is to be at least lvl 78, get a revival platform, place it in a trap and revive it there, depending on the level in can cost between 8 and 20 Amber. For knocking it out with out revival (Console and PC) it is advisable that electric shocking darts with a longneck are used as it is 4 to the body (lvl 1 reference) and 2 to the head, in comparison to 10 to the body and 8 to the head with a crossbow, also decreasing the taming effectiveness, in a negative way, making it more difficult to acquire. And advisable mount is a ptranodon as it is fast and can easily keep up with it (using prime meat), or an argy for weight if using normal meat. To get close to it with out it noticeing and running away fly until you can see it then fly ‘on the ground’ until directly beneath or out of sight, to approach use a gilly suit to increase stealth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The problem with the frog and scorpion is your argy may run out of energy, giving the Quetzal time to escape. I lost track of a Quetzal that way and I still haven't been able to find it. And it seems that since the recent update, Quetzals are few and far between. I had three on my single player game and now I can only find one and that one I can't find because I don't know where it went. Confusing? I know. My advice is, always carry your knock out equipment with you even if you aren't planning on bringing down a Quetzal. I find I run into them when I'm not looking for them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well from my newbie experience and watching a youtuber solo tame a quetzal, i followed all of her steps and it works! :D

first of all, the quetzal she showed was spawn near a red obelisk, and yes it spawns there!

the nescessary tools are Parachute, Crossbow with Grapple hook equipped and a Rifle with tranq darts~

the best job for taming the quetz is using an argy because it have moderate speed, not too fast and not too slow.

 

The Process:

- Find the Quetz and go high over it

- Get off from your Argy and immediately use your parachute and equipped your crossbow to grapple your Argy

- After a success Grapple, whistle your Argy to attack the Quetz, but when its near to attack, whistle it again to passive

- While you are near to the Quetz, shoot with many tranq darts as much as possible

- The moment the Quetz started running away, whistle your Argy to attack it again~

- Repeat the process until its knocked out! :)

 

im very lucky tho it landed on the beach lol, and its not that long to knock it out, well depends on the level of the quetz, because mine is lvl 3 quetz, but im happy tho that i got it~ and i do hope you get yours soon :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/18/2018 at 2:32 PM, MrUnknown13 said:

well from my newbie experience and watching a youtuber solo tame a quetzal, i followed all of her steps and it works! :D

first of all, the quetzal she showed was spawn near a red obelisk, and yes it spawns there!

the nescessary tools are Parachute, Crossbow with Grapple hook equipped and a Rifle with tranq darts~

the best job for taming the quetz is using an argy because it have moderate speed, not too fast and not too slow.

 

The Process:

- Find the Quetz and go high over it

- Get off from your Argy and immediately use your parachute and equipped your crossbow to grapple your Argy

- After a success Grapple, whistle your Argy to attack the Quetz, but when its near to attack, whistle it again to passive

- While you are near to the Quetz, shoot with many tranq darts as much as possible

- The moment the Quetz started running away, whistle your Argy to attack it again~

- Repeat the process until its knocked out! :)

 

im very lucky tho it landed on the beach lol, and its not that long to knock it out, well depends on the level of the quetz, because mine is lvl 3 quetz, but im happy tho that i got it~ and i do hope you get yours soon :)

 

This is what I was saying but my method is far simpler, you only need a pteranodon, parachutes (20 or so) and a long neck with tranqs. Just do what you were saying (jump off parachute shoot mount chase repeat)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/5/2018 at 2:43 AM, qdzs1 said:

Tips for finding quetzal start at red obelisk and go to the height of the obelisk's bottom the fly to the green obelisk and to tame quetzal I reccomend a high melee scorpion or frog being carried by an argyle. Set the scorpion/frog to aggressive then every 10 seconds fly near the quetzal and sting it to knock it out.

Interesting technique, what do you consider high melee?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I found two quetzal yesterday. I was flying low seeking eerie pumpkins. Both times I realized a quetz was near by noticing its shadow on the ground. It has a different shadow than any of the other flyers. I found one in the morning near the green obelisk and the other in the evening by the red obelisk. The one by the red obelisk was east and slightly south, around 80x24 lat and long.

I used to think I had to fly high to find them but I’ve had more luck flying lower, around treetop level. And I also agree that they seem to appear when you aren’t looking/expecting them. Make the Rex kibble and other tools needed for the taming a permanent part of your kit when out and about.

Good luck to all still on the quetz hunt!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...