Quetzal on mobile

sokdatbob

On 7/27/2018 at 2:03 AM, Korkan said:

I’ve found them by the red obelisk, the red woods and the snow biome. I just take fly an argy and have 2 or three other birds follow me and whistle them to target it until it falls. Then rush to get the implant and revive it in a trap

I’ve heard a lot of people say that once you’ve found one quetzal it gets easier is 100% true. I killed and revived my first one and although it took me forever to find that one, since then I’ve found 3 more in just a day or so,

There is a pursuit where you have to kill (or possibly tame) a quetzal. The upside to that is that the map will find the quetzal for you as part of that pursuit. Once you’ve done that you are set. I kept putting off exploring the ocean, but because I was ignoring the hunt a basilosaurus I wasn’t going to ever get to the quetzal pursuit. Until now at least!

• 2 months later...

Another option is to build plant x or turret towers set to attack all. Eventually they will down a quetz. I get about 1 a month downed using it and spot plenty I could kite into my towers.

Also you can attack from griffins using tranq arrows to down one if you can ride a griffin.

Additionally you could always ask to trade for an egg if you're playing multiplayer.

When solo I cannot advocate the argy, grapple, parachute enough. With enough practice and the right screen layout it can become quite easy. IMO the biggest challenge is protecting them once on the ground. I’ve lost quetz to terror birds before I hit the ground or had them drown in rivers. I suppose the same could be done with a quetz if you had one. You could also kill and revive but that would require amber. 

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I tried the scorpion/argi method and it didn’t work for me. I dropped the scorpion accidently and then couldn’t re-find the quetzal. 

So i bit the bullet and decided to tame a griffen first and then use that to get a quetzal. The first try i killed the quetzal but lost it when i went down to retrieve its implant. A dino had got to it first. Still it was easy enough so im thinking thats gonna be my MO for getting one. Just gotta get to it before anything else does. 

On 9/11/2018 at 1:28 AM, spiderjockey4321 said:

i’ve taken all the advice here and i still cant find one? any more advice?

There seems to always be one at the red Obelisk. I just went there found one then killed it then left the area. when you return another one should have already respawned. I just kept killing them until i found a lvl. 125 and I tamed it using Grappling hook and an argy.

they usually spawn in the little island between the river (south from the red obelisk) or sometimes they are hard to find because they fly behind the obelisk and you miss them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGyxqIp23n4&t=168s

• 1 month later...
On 8/23/2018 at 3:04 AM, CadieStarfire said:

One Quetzal implant I had cost 18 ancient amber to revive. It was a level 13. You can't grapple onto an Arge, I've tried, it doesn't work. You can grapple onto a Pteranodon though. I wish anyone and everyone luck on taming a Quetzal solo in Ark Mobile. 

I suggest crafting up a bunch of ballistas and chain bolas and place them on the mountain peaks, then gently harass the quetzal until it gets close to one of the ballistas, quickly land by the ballista and chain bola it. It will be frustrating as the Quetzal doesn't always go the way you want it to, but I did get it close enough to my ballista. I could have caught if my Arge hadn't had the brain worms and wouldn't land where I wanted it to land.

Tapejara can latch on to the sides of cliffs and large redwood trees. Just fly up to the cliff or tree and swipe down just like you would if you were landing. The tapejara will flip upside down, latch onto whatever surface and hold on. Once it is latched on, you can then use your tranquilizing weapon to tranq Quetzals or whatever you want. I brought down a whole pack of Allosaurus this way. They agroed on me and just stood there and took the darts like champs. It does take some getting used to. (A good tip for staying out of reach of predators during the night, however the stamina doesn't recover, but it doesn't drop either). 

Bruh, i tamed one grappled hooked to an argy, it was a pain in the a## considering that the argy moved so much and ended up missing more than half of my shots but at the end i got it

Archived