Bee hive cant place

firegod11

poop,I live far from red wood

3 hours ago, Dhumit said:

he Bee Hive can generate Giant Bee Honey.png Giant Bee Honey over time.

The Bee Hive can only be placed on Redwood Trees.

The Bee Hive needs Rare Flower.png Rare Flower to stay healthy. Uses 1 flowers every 4 hours.

Production Rate:

1x Giant Bee Honey.png Giant Bee Honey every 45 minutes.

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Bee_Hive_(Mobile)

• 4 months later...

Lol at the previous comment about honey going bad. Totally agree. Honey lasts forever and in game it goes bad soooo quickly. 

Very frustrating about placement in mobile. About a quarter of the hives don’t work. Also need sap to get it which also requires redwoods. I gave up on online play so I can setup wherever. I spend most of my time in the northeastern redwoods so it’s not an issue for me, but if you want to make veggie cakes it seems that you must have a presence in the redwoods. 

The good thing about the bee hive is that it doesn't take much to keep it producing honey.  The wildflowers that you place in its inventory seem to last forever.  You could build a tree platform and place 3 taps and a beehive just above the platform.  Add a storage box, water tanks and a cooking pot on the platform.  Use a pteradon and bring the potatoes, carrots, corn, fiber, sparkpowder, and stimulants.  You could make 15+ sweet veggie cakes in a short amount of time.  Veggie cakes will last more than long enough for the trip back to your main base.  BTW, you could use an argentavis and pick up snails (they are in redwood forests) and tame on platform real easy also.  The server I play is PVE and we trade a lot of resources, so someone may be willing to trade veggie cakes or fresh honey.

8 hours ago, docredduke10 said:

The good thing about the bee hive is that it doesn't take much to keep it producing honey.  The wildflowers that you place in its inventory seem to last forever.  You could build a tree platform and place 3 taps and a beehive just above the platform.  Add a storage box, water tanks and a cooking pot on the platform.  Use a pteradon and bring the potatoes, carrots, corn, fiber, sparkpowder, and stimulants.  You could make 15+ sweet veggie cakes in a short amount of time.  Veggie cakes will last more than long enough for the trip back to your main base.  BTW, you could use an argentavis and pick up snails (they are in redwood forests) and tame on platform real easy also.  The server I play is PVE and we trade a lot of resources, so someone may be willing to trade veggie cakes or fresh honey.

This is exactly what I do.

I have veggie farms on my platform as well as cooking pot and water tanks. And then I have a sap tap impaled to a tree adjascent to mine, then I built some sort of scaffolding with two levels hanging down from the side of the platform to access the tap. I have two snail at that level to, caged in a 2x1 compartement. And finally I have fabricator up there. Easy access to fabricate anything that needs CP and polymer I easily got from the snails.

Metal? My tree is next to red peak, and I have Ankylo on the platform too, so when I have to do metal runs, I grab the Ankylo using an Argy, then fly to the summit.

I play single player.

• 10 months later...

Archived