What happens next will make or break the future of this game...

prodigy1202

On 6/26/2018 at 7:44 PM, Grandta said:

Is their not a death barrier under the map? I mean if undermeshing means what I think it means, going under the map then the only fix is adding a death barrier under the map.

Shouldn't be that hard to implement.

The problem with this is they can't keep stuff from falling under the map by mistake, such as my 600 melee giga that's stuck half in the ground as we speak, after being pushed there by a titan. I'd rather my stuff not die before they have 3 weeks to answer the support ticket to fix their screw up #235262622342362634747. Most of the stuff that ends up under the map isn't put there by exploiters.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/29/2018 at 12:12 AM, ClanTKC said:

Umm.. why do you demand a AAA game from a studio that isn't AAA? I mean, I get the sentiment, but we need to understand that commitment to an excellent game doesn't suddenly give you the resources of a AAA studio. Let's try to stay realistic.

The millions of copies of ark 1 they sold gave them the resources to compete with AAA studios, It's not our fault or problem to solve that they squandered the massive amount of good will and money they once had. Maybe take that up with stiglets. 3 years into this franchise currently and by the time a sequel would come out 5 or 6 years into it anyone who would tolerate another 3 ring circus like this one has been is the type of enabler who's helped create the pathetic corporate culture we all suffer through right now.

I have no bloody clue what to expect will come out of this clown car next. 

But let me tell you what i better NOT see. 

-Another attempt to use me to fund and bug test their next 2.5 year alpha joke. While having mods on these forums literally call me names due to my being unhappy about anything at all.  What ever they make next better be complete and polished before the customer even catches a whiff of it.  There are only so many millions of dollars a company can bring in from one product and still pass them selves off as some little mom and pop corner store. 

-Incomplete maps. This is the biggest issue facing this game in my opinion. Abb and scorched look to have maybe 1/3 the population of any other server on xbox. They seem to be making an attempt to fix the reasons 2/3 of their customers don't want to live on scorched (crappy spoil timers have already been addressed, unreliable electrical system shutting off due to stupid storms looks to be on the agenda to fix next). But there's still Abb...The server i can't make a main base on because i'd have to give away most of my dinosaurs. What ever reason you care if someone takes their rexes or wyverns to an abb server is beyond common sense. You might not have done a poll on the issue but the VAST majority of players don't want to take care of bases on 3 or 4 different servers. Particularly when the transfer system is so sketchy with characters and items being lost daily. So what most of us do is spend a few weeks on abb, get the 5 new dinos and never go back. The only real way to fix this is make an actual complete map. One map that has everything ark has to offer. Every dino even if some are rare, oil wells, beaver dams, underwater and cave loot crates, polar bears, ice wyverns, the whole 9. If extinction is the last map make it one worth playing on for a long time.

-Laughable customer service that they didn't even feel the need to offer with their BS automated responses to tickets for ...2.5... years where they completely shrug off any responsibility to fix issues their customers are having with their game because ...it's alpha phase... for a period of time that was the majority of my little sisters high school career.

-Lousy communication at every single turn. As of now we've been told so many things that have yet to actually happen that i have no patience to list it all. But ask yourself how long ago it was that they said SoTF or S+ would come to console. Then ask yourself when was the last time they bothered to give an update on the progress of either. Which is quite strange on the SoTF front particularly at a time when fortnight is SO successful that even call of duty is busy working on a battle royal game. It seems like a really bad idea to drop the ball on a product that half the industry is rushing to market right now when they had one mostly finished 2 years ago.

-More Lies. The level of testicular fortitude it took to force everyone on to new servers after making multiple statements that servers wouldn't be deleted was monumental. It seems really obvious that when they said they would no longer be supporting legacy servers it was nothing more than them self fulfilling their own prophecy that the only way a server would ever be deleted was if it became very low population. Well imagine my Shock when they became low population and started getting deleted after they announced they'd no longer be supported. 

-A game that still doesn't work right to it's very core after full release. So many bugs that have been proclaimed to be fixed are still plaguing ark that it's hard to even imagine what they actually do with their time. Spawn patterns are 100% wrecked. Anyone who's logged on when there hasn't been a server reboot in a week or 2 can sing about this one. Watching 10 million glow bugs roam around abb causing it to be nearly impossible to spawn nameless for venom, 10 million coel spawning in the ocean on the center causing basil blubber to be maddening to farm, 10 million dimorphs spawning in the swamp on the center while you can maybe find 7 sarco on the whole map (if you take a giga and munch down every square inch of the swamp).  

They even posted a map long ago showing the spawns over a 24 hour period and bragged that none of the red dots where inside buildings which made it even more strange that things still spawn inside our buildings to this day. The spawn distance from structures change that caused allos to spawn in every building in the game was never properly fixed. 

The Dead areas on the scorched earth map that cause every player that comes near them crash to desktop were fixed for a long time but are currently as bad as they ever were, just take a walk through the south eastern dunes if you don't believe it. 

So yeah. You asked about the future and all i talked about was the past. It seems they still have some stuff to make up for before i'd ever think of buying a sequel. 

Guest DJRone89
4 hours ago, ChargingParacerParacer said:

I didn't pay 60$ either I payed 30, and for the first 3 months I was happy with the game. Then WC did the flyer nerf and took away some other things too and the value of the game for me personally plummeted.

Flyer nerf lol

Archived