What happens next will make or break the future of this game...

prodigy1202

On 6/25/2018 at 2:46 PM, Melcreif said:

Most FPS type games use someone else's engine so I have absolutely zero issue with WC using it.  If you want them to make the game great and as bug free as possible why would you want them putting all that effort into creating a new engine? Makes no sense.

Most FPS type games don’t have 50 people and hundreds of dinosaurs at the same time per server.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, prodigy1202 said:

2. Are you behind on your Ark News? At some point S+ features are being added in. It’s been confirmed. Not all of the features, sure, but some of them. They’re doing this to improve Ark’s building system. Would you rather the building system stayed as is?

3. Primitive + is already on console so we know it’s possible to get sponsored mods on. While there has been no talk of other mods being added yet it is a possibility.

4. So are you not a fan of Ragnarok? I’ve only heard good things about it, though personally I play only on the Center thus far. This ones just a matter of opinion which I respect. Just sayin’

8. This one is just personal preference. I wish creatures acted more ‘alive,’ in the wild and wish it were possible to give more specific commands to tamed animals.

I never said it isn't being added ..?? I just disagree with it being on pvp official servers... I stated that it has many bugs on its self and exploitable features lol.

I also ment that any mods will not be added on consoles unless it's added to the base game as primitive plus is... anyway that mod is pretty dead and not many people care for it... in my opinion it was a bad idea to add that mod..

Honestly I think 6 maps will do (6th being extinction.) Really no need for more 20gb maps lol. Ragnarok is ok but is extremely laggy on official pvp.. the center is just mesh heaven 

Lol Ark 2? I regret spending the money on ark as it is lol, you get little to no support, you have an opinion and you get banned from the forums, the game is DDoS central and PvP? You hardly see any PvP lol because people have such big egos they wait until you log off and raid you so they suffer no loss and before anyone says the same generic bs "play unofficial", I didn't spend the money on the game and the season pass to play on a x10, x20 or even a bloody x50 server, wildcard can own up to their mistakes and fix the official servers, last I checked they were quick to take everyone's money and still are by releasing DLC's. Fully released game, biggest joke I've heard.

5 hours ago, TimeForHavocYT said:

Lol Ark 2? I regret spending the money on ark as it is lol, you get little to no support, you have an opinion and you get banned from the forums, the game is DDoS central and PvP? You hardly see any PvP lol because people have such big egos they wait until you log off and raid you so they suffer no loss and before anyone says the same generic bs "play unofficial", I didn't spend the money on the game and the season pass to play on a x10, x20 or even a bloody x50 server, wildcard can own up to their mistakes and fix the official servers, last I checked they were quick to take everyone's money and still are by releasing DLC's. Fully released game, biggest joke I've heard.

To simply put it the state of official pvp is ment to work with big tribes. All wars that happen between them are all online and can actually be fun pvp experience in a way. Pretty sure no one ddoses any more and its litteraly just the crap servers that crash.. anyway devs are actively banning tribes that go against the code of conduct.

Just don't play as a small tribe and join the big ones. Only way to have fun on official pvps. It's how the game is ment to be now.

Guest DJRone89
4 hours ago, Goaty said:

To simply put it the state of official pvp is ment to work with big tribes. All wars that happen between them are all online and can actually be fun pvp experience in a way. Pretty sure no one ddoses any more and its litteraly just the crap servers that crash.. anyway devs are actively banning tribes that go against the code of conduct.

Just don't play as a small tribe and join the big ones. Only way to have fun on official pvps. It's how the game is ment to be now.

Remember when there wasn’t a tribe cap and alliances could have slightly more tribes? Yeah WC only slightly lowered that ally amount but still allow 70 players in a tribe.

They still allow 70 players in a tribe with 10 tribes per alliance. They still allow 70 players per tribe, they still allow 70 players per tribe, they still allow 70 players per tribe. If that’s not a clear enough indication to people that large tribe warfare is not only tolerated but intended, then I’m not sure what else to tell them.

On 6/25/2018 at 1:07 PM, Brayn said:

ARK 2 will need to deliver a AAA quality release.

Umm.. why do you demand a AAA game from a studio that isn't AAA? I mean, I get the sentiment, but we need to understand that commitment to an excellent game doesn't suddenly give you the resources of a AAA studio. Let's try to stay realistic.

7 hours ago, DJRone89 said:

Remember when there wasn’t a tribe cap and alliances could have slightly more tribes? Yeah WC only slightly lowered that ally amount but still allow 70 players in a tribe.

They still allow 70 players in a tribe with 10 tribes per alliance. They still allow 70 players per tribe, they still allow 70 players per tribe, they still allow 70 players per tribe. If that’s not a clear enough indication to people that large tribe warfare is not only tolerated but intended, then I’m not sure what else to tell them.

They actually removed that limit lol

Guest DJRone89
5 hours ago, Goaty said:

They actually removed that limit lol

So originally they wanted to lower the limit but then abolished it altogether again? How can anyone think that huge tribe wars are not intended after the decision above?

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/29/2018 at 3:12 AM, ClanTKC said:

Umm.. why do you demand a AAA game from a studio that isn't AAA? I mean, I get the sentiment, but we need to understand that commitment to an excellent game doesn't suddenly give you the resources of a AAA studio. Let's try to stay realistic.

They have the budget to do so. That’s why I demand AAA quality. They were bought by snail games for 10 million dollars and since then have sold over 20 million copies. AAA quality is a reasonable expectation.

On ‎6‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 3:12 AM, ClanTKC said:

If it's unreasonable for people to expect AAA quality out of WC then it should be considered every bit as unreasonable that WC charges 60$ AAA price for their little ameture studio game. ?

Guest DJRone89

Well they have released hundreds of bug fixes this year, give them time @DonaldDuck. Oh wait, it’s Wildcard, much better to poop on them the whole way through instead of giving credit where credit is due.

To this day, I’ve never seen so many people complain so much about a game instead of just moving on and talking with their wallets. Don’t like what Ark has become? Stop giving them money.

You would use this same logic for any other product in the world yet people just can’t let go when it comes to Ark. “You’re just letting them get away with it”, no you’re not. A dwindling playerbase hurts them because they pay a considerable amount of money for the official servers you play on for free.

Personally, most of these issues are mainly from the official playerbase. Many unofficial players like me are already prepared to quit, we’re just enjoying what we can but the transition will be much easier.

@DJRone89 I am genuinely asking because I stopped playing Ark for months and just came back a few days ago, and the last time I knew was that TLC 2 would be the last for a while because they were going to deliver QoL update after that, hence me asking about it. I'll edit my post later if I find their old news about that.

But I have read the changelog and it doesn't seem to contain any QoL updates, only increased slot for Vault from 150 to 350, that surely qualified as QoL and also pin codes to Refrigerator, but that's pretty much it. Imo bugfixes and balancing aren't QoL.

-edit-

https://steamcommunity.com/games/346110/announcements/detail/2729618178891180494

Going forward!

That's it for this update guys! We hope you enjoy the new changes and we can't wait to see your feedback. As mentioned previously, we're targetting a console release for this update in mid-April and will keep you posted about more accurate release dates once we get closer to submitting the patch. We'll need a bit more time to work on Primitive+, it'll have the missing engrams for the DLC as well as the latest Dino TLC content in an upcoming patch!

Now that TLC #2 has been released we will be turning our focus more directly on to bug fixes and quality-of-life improvements for the core game in the weeks ahead. Going forward, we'll be consolidating the patching process on PC. We will be leaning heavily on regular Tuesday (or Wednesday if needed) deployments unless critical fixes require patches outside of that regular patch day. These will become collective weekly bug and quality-of-life patching updates.

So it covers both QoL and bugfixing then, not much of QoL, was expecting S+ integration.

Guest DJRone89
1 hour ago, Corrigan said:

I'm done with Dino's, dislike Conan and DnL, rust, etc, so I'm hoping they develop another game similar to Ark- just without Dino's. 

That’s a specialty suggestion right there; No dino servers. Would have to be PvP though.

Ark already has that kind of server or is it discontinued? pvp server with no taming allowed, max 140 players.

I ever tried it, and to my surprise couldn't really live under the sun, I wonder how people could still find me and my place even though I already lived in like secluded places only accessible by raft and further inland. The only way for me to be safe when playing there was to live like rats in dark places inside caves. :(

Guest DJRone89
5 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Isnt that a thing allready ? No tame servers or do they not exists any more ? 

No tame servers exists but the dinos are still present, I’m talking about terminating their spawns altogether so it’s just people left.

It might even try that on my test server. 

Edit1: On second thought you’d still need some creatures for vital resources.

Edit2: Ok, so maybe a “No Dino” server wouldn’t work but limiting the specific dinos that do spawn could breed some life into the NoTame servers.

7 minutes ago, DJRone89 said:

No tame servers exists but the dinos are still present, I’m talking about terminating their spawns altogether so it’s just people left.

It might even try that on my test server. 

Ah good point. Wasnt until I hit send that that crossed my mind. Its an interesting concept, it would be cool to see it. But what would be removed or kept ? I dont think removing absolutely everything would work. What about resources such as meat and hide ? Guessing removing proper dinos is the obvious but maybe keeping in some spawns such as equus, ovis, fish, deer bears ? 

12 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

Ah good point. Wasnt until I hit send that that crossed my mind. Its an interesting concept, it would be cool to see it. But what would be removed or kept ? I dont think removing absolutely everything would work. What about resources such as meat and hide ? Guessing removing proper dinos is the obvious but maybe keeping in some spawns such as equus, ovis, fish, deer bears ? 

I'd like a mode with modern day animals, yea. I want to survive and  not just to rely on my tames to survive. I'd like a game mode where cold is cold, where when a blizzard comes you better stay inside and light a fire or you will freeze to death fairly quickly. I want a mode where a heat wave WILL kill you. I want a game mode where a rain storm produces lightning that will strike and kill you. I want a game mode where a volcano will shoot lava rocks anywhere and everywhere so you better be paying attention. The survival aspects of Ark seem dependant on  just the tames. The current weather elements in Ark are just tedious and are far to easy to circumvent. I want to lookout for tornadoes coming towards my base. I want to watch out for lightning strikes. I want to watch out for a swarm of hundreds of bugs that actually devour stuff. The Point is I want a harder learning curve to survive, not tame three things and pretty much clear most hurdles. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/10/2018 at 12:02 PM, ChargingParacerParacer said:

If it's unreasonable for people to expect AAA quality out of WC then it should be considered every bit as unreasonable that WC charges 60$ AAA price for their little ameture studio game. ?

I agree, but I got the sale 1/2 off. The asking price is too high, but if you paid it, I'm sure you were well aware of the fact that WC isn't a AAA studio, means you knew you were paying too much but accepted it.

15 hours ago, ClanTKC said:

I agree, but I got the sale 1/2 off. The asking price is too high, but if you paid it, I'm sure you were well aware of the fact that WC isn't a AAA studio, means you knew you were paying too much but accepted it.

I didn't pay 60$ either I payed 30, and for the first 3 months I was happy with the game. Then WC did the flyer nerf and took away some other things too and the value of the game for me personally plummeted.

Archived