kiting Giga Kiting on PvE

iTzAlex

So we play Offical PVE on one of the most populated Center servers and recently one of the tribes on here has only just discovered they can drop gigas on peoples bases. So now with this bit of power they have they are constantly threatening to drop them in every tribes base that don’t bow to their will. Now after the 4th time of flying over to these peoples bases and killing these gigas that are being dropped I’m getting a bit bored of being server pest control and wondering if there is anyway an admin can come and sort this out. The problem I have is they are doing covertly and I believe from a different accounts and a second tribe with just the trapping quetz in it, so although the whole server knows who’s doing it nobody has any proof and hence no one can do anything about it. I would just like some advice on what can be done because as I said before I’m getting tired of having to clean up after these tyrants that ar ruining this server for everybody.

Looking at all the people that have put tickets in for things like this most are never sorted so guess ill just have to hope they get bored. On the positive side I had to kill a titan that had been kited into someone’s base this morning and got enough meat on x3 to feed the 25 gigas we are raising for about 4 days haha

4 hours ago, iTzAlex said:

Looking at all the people that have put tickets in for things like this most are never sorted so guess ill just have to hope they get bored. On the positive side I had to kill a titan that had been kited into someone’s base this morning and got enough meat on x3 to feed the 25 gigas we are raising for about 4 days haha

Every cloud. 

I know a lot of people won't agree with this but be the lesser of two evils.

Simply do the same thing to wipe the tyrants once they are gone the server is good and the tyrants have fallen.

I like to view some thing's as two evils I just pick the lesser evil, I know it's not the best way to view certain situations but just like killing 3 gun wielding criminals to save 50 people naturally pick the lesser of two evils or do nothing and let 50 people die.

Its a crappy example that generally has other options but it will suffice.

Yeah, this isn't a new thing and sadly a lot of people employ this method of griefing. It IS against the CoC and like others said, reporting it will at least let them know granted good luck getting a reply about it. We've had tickets in about giga kiting, wyv kiting, and a bunch of stuff that don't even get read for a month or more, then just a stock reply. Nothing gets done. Sadly, you have to build like it's going to happen again because it probably will. 

On 6/23/2018 at 11:25 AM, iTzAlex said:

So we play Offical PVE on one of the most populated Center servers and recently one of the tribes on here has only just discovered they can drop gigas on peoples bases. So now with this bit of power they have they are constantly threatening to drop them in every tribes base that don’t bow to their will. Now after the 4th time of flying over to these peoples bases and killing these gigas that are being dropped I’m getting a bit bored of being server pest control and wondering if there is anyway an admin can come and sort this out. The problem I have is they are doing covertly and I believe from a different accounts and a second tribe with just the trapping quetz in it, so although the whole server knows who’s doing it nobody has any proof and hence no one can do anything about it. I would just like some advice on what can be done because as I said before I’m getting tired of having to clean up after these tyrants that ar ruining this server for everybody.

You need to submit a ticket using the support -> help in the "top bar" here.
Give evidence, encourage other people to do the same.

It is now a Code of Conduct violation so in theory the GM should do something about it, which could include banning the accounts of the offenders.

Doesn't help with what they destroy but at least helps get them away.. unless they make another steam account and buy another copy.

On 6/27/2018 at 12:02 AM, ForzaProiettile said:

Maybe try putting a roof on your base? Seriously its not hard, how lazy can you be.

You PVE players want everything handed to you like little children. If you stopped wasting the devs time with petty and frivolous demands they would have a lot more time to improve the game.

They do have roofs but A lot of the gigas I have cleared out havnt killed anything they are just roaming inside someone’s walls close so they can’t go outside with anything without getting decimated and even if theyve has have turrets up that hasn’t stopped them just dumping multiples 

On 6/27/2018 at 1:16 AM, arathein said:

You need to submit a ticket using the support -> help in the "top bar" here.
Give evidence, encourage other people to do the same.

It is now a Code of Conduct violation so in theory the GM should do something about it, which could include banning the accounts of the offenders.

Doesn't help with what they destroy but at least helps get them away.. unless they make another steam account and buy another copy.

They arnt stupid unfortunately they do it when people are offline and on second accounts so even if they were caught they loose nothing but the one quetz that is in that second tribe to dump gigas

2 hours ago, iTzAlex said:

They arnt stupid unfortunately they do it when people are offline and on second accounts so even if they were caught they loose nothing but the one quetz that is in that second tribe to dump gigas

there is always someone online, band together as a server and if anyone see them doing it just have them record it.We had same problem with a guy luring a rock golem into my tribe mates base and got every dino killed. If it had not been for people passing by seeing him luring it, we would not of ever known it was him. 

Funny really this game was never ment to have pve. It's a fully pvp game but cause people cry and are little babies the devs added it. Now if your crying over a giga being kitted to your base maybe setup some sort of pve defence lol.... come on turrets are a thing on pvp but can be used to target dinos on pve... build walls around your little house many problems to solve this.

Hello,

The way ARK PvE now works makes Giga and Titan flee from a base. Just so you know.

The only way you can make it attack your base is by having dinos attack or tribers attack. So just fast travel to a lookout possition.

Take down the gates or make all doors open at the same time with a keypad so that the dino can get out.

But it funny to see and read about this regardless.

In PvP gates stop line of sight and offer little resistance.

Just for Official. I do not know if it is the same for Unofficial.

My best regards,

Ariana

Archived