Walking through ARK in an unintended way

FaaB

Hello Developers, hello Wildcard, hello Community.

ARK DLC Extinction has been announced. It looks really awesom and sure i am curios what the final story part is telling us. Actually we had the ARK Vanilla, ARK Scorched Earth and ARK Aberration. This is 3 of 4 Story Parts - 3 of 4 of the game. And i went through 3 of 4 of this game with dealing heavy bugs. When ARK Extinction will be released and we finish the story game, we "enjoyed" this game completly buggy. I don't think that this is what u want for your players. I think you want provide an awesom adventure. But actually this adventure is more frustrating then enjoyable. There are so many bugs. And so many bugs are really old. For example the two buggy oil veins where you can't place pump coz of nearby beacon drop. How can this not be fixed? I think its 1 hour work to fix. Or even less. Why is undermeshing still a thing? Why is character loosing still a thing? Why are structures handled on client side first? For the ones who don't know what i mean there: When you build a wyvern trap and you trap it in and then you go out of render-range of the trap you can watch the wyvern just leaving the trap. When you spawn in your big base and base is not rendered you can walk in through not rendered walls. You can even place c4 in before server sais: "oh no you can't be there". 
I really don't understand why you still push so much content instead of fixing the game first.
Every new content you release CAN interact with existing bugs creating new bugs - creating new frustration or unintended game mechanics. Like for example the tents combined with climbing picks which you can use to undermesh. 

As a marketing manager i really recommend that you fix your game and use this as marketing strategy. Fix it and make big advertising: "ARK finally fixed". I already have an idea for a trailer :D So many players quit this game coz its to buggy. Maybe you can get them back with friends who will buy your game. ARK could be such a great experience. Please don't focus on content only. I will be really pissed when i will walk through extinction and beeing forced to deal with stupid bugs. #60dollarGame

2cli8a.jpg

Permanent tame cap on nearly all official PvE servers and NOTHING is done to fix it. Not a bug, but very many left due to not being able to enjoy 2/3 of what makes up PvE (taming and breeding). It's really wrecking up the community as well.

- glitched platform saddles (sometimes the built-on structure just stays at home lol)
- glitched rafts that drive like crap getting stuck on "invisible obstacles" every few meters when a tame is on them
- wild dinos spawning/getting inside bases while structures aren't rendered
- tames falling under the map or getting stuck behind walls (especially on Aberration)
- people who are not in the same tribe or even ally being able to turn devices on and off (i.e. generators, industrial grills etc) in PvE

Just a few that I encounter often and have been ever since I started playing (except the Aberration one, but dinos disappeared before as well), they've been reported many many times. Instead of fixing "day-one" bugs, we get nerfs -.-
Maybe it's just hard to do and/or they don't know how to fix these, I'm not a programmer or developer so idk. In that case it'd just be nice to know.

Archived