Vacation official

Bachy99

I'm after a bit of advice.

I'm going on a 2 week vacation soon. Probably 15 days off ark. 

Play on official pve and only person in tribe is son who is away aswell.

Trying to prep base as best as i can so I have something left when I get back.

Base is mostly metal and have vaults. 

Will they survive?

I have Engramz for tek trough etx but will never get mats intime. 

What advice for feeding dinos I was thinking tons of dodo kibble in trough because of lower spoil time .

But I also don't know what claim time on my dinos would be.

Any advice greatly appreciated 

Guest DJRone89
1 minute ago, Bachy99 said:

Will they survive?

What advice for feeding dinos I was thinking tons of dodo kibble in trough because of lower spoil time .

Dinos have a 8 day auto-decay timer so you’ll lose all of them.

PS4 Vita apparently will let you log in and refresh and feed at least. Might be worth the investment considering the hours you put in. Only other very risky option is to bring in a trusted tribe member, maybe someone from an allied tribe that has multiple people. If they have a second account they can create a character (if they have a crafter for their tribe it makes it easier) that you can recruit and they can refresh your timers. 

Official ark is not kind to people with long vacation plans. 

Buy a cheap laptop, play on basic settings. Not the best but  it works. It is what I did when I had to go to Mexico for a month. I was there during the earthquake. In fact I was online when it stuck. I thought "Man the truck outside seems to be coming thru the wall." Then I heard the sirens and GTFO. Anyway take a laptop.

2 hours ago, Bachy99 said:

Will they survive?

The best thing to do is either "buy" some1 who will take care of your base (make sure they have extremely good reputation so they are trustworthy) or as said before invite a trusted ally into your tribe to refresh. 

I used to provide the service on legacy for people who were going on vacation to refresh their base and feed their dinos. (feed from refs that the customer filled beforehand) 

If you have no way out you can pm me, I might be able to help you out. 

48 minutes ago, ZeroSeconds said:

The best thing to do is either "buy" some1 who will take care of your base (make sure they have extremely good reputation so they are trustworthy) or as said before invite a trusted ally into your tribe to refresh. 

Hello,

I have taken time away. The best is to have a real neighbor IRL water plants and play some Ark. But summer makes all go on vacation so bring gear so that you can logon and refresh your timers. Quetz giga otter kairuku starve faster than other dinos, have atleast 2500 in the foodstat, one week for 7days login intervals.

What goes wrong: A rollback of the Official server negates your simple feeding and timer update. And you can be sure even PvE players roll back the server just because you logged in. Solution is to login again to see if a rollback was made. Rollback is 1hour to 30 minutes, typical 45 min. So login again after 2 hours andd check.

You can do much more but this is simple to do and in november we icecube all I hope.

How players get fooled: the most trusted player claims your dinos and when you return that player is gone but your dinos is in the same base under a new name or another players name.

After playing on servers,  I meet one guy I truly trusted,  out of 5 PvE servers.

Regards,

Ariana 

Archived