FAQ

GroveStreetBecca

What kind of device is required to run the game?
The minimum requirements to run the game are:

• roughly 2GB of storage
  • Will require a minimum of 2GB of RAM on iOS devices
  • Will require a minimum of 3GB of RAM on Android
  • Vulkan Support Required
  • Android 7.0 Nougat

Will the game be limited to 30 FPS?
Due to mobile limitations, we have capped the max framerate at 30 FPS on all devices. 

How many characters can we have?
One character per server.

Does the game feature controller support?
Controller support for all major functions excluding inventories/windows is now in!

Is there multiplayer?
Our game features both Single Player and Multiplayer! PvE and PvP servers are available for players looking for a more friendly, casual style of play, or a more competitive experience!

Is there crossplay between Mobile and PC/Console?
No.

Is there crossplay between iOS and Android?
Yes!

Can we transfer across servers?
Yes, you can purchase a Server Transfer Ticket to move to a new server.

Will there be breeding and mutations?
Yes!

Will there be dedicated/non-dedicated server hosting options?
We solely support Unofficial Servers hosted through Nitrado.

Will you support mods on Mobile?
We will not add mods to Mobile, however we may pull inspiration from some features.

Does the game feature bosses like the Broodmother, Dragon, and Megapithecus?
Due to mobile constraints, the Island bosses have been excluded at this time.

However, we do have our own bosses (and maybe some familiar ones?) coming in the 2.0 Update!

How much does the game cost?
Our game is free-to-play!

What maps are available?
Only the Island map is available at this time.

Will there be DLC in the future?
We do not have plans for DLC at this time.

Does the game feature a tutorial?
Yes! When you first begin playing in Single Player, you’ll be introduced to new mechanics as you find them, starting with basic controls and moving up as you advance through the island. If you need a reminder, you can view our controls guide in the Controls Options!

What kind of community activities will be featured?
We have a lot planned! For now, please check out our series of gameplay videos on our YouTube channel.

Will the game feature Tek Tier gear?
TEK Tier will be added in the 2.0 Update!

Can we remove ads?
Yes! Ads can be removed from gameplay with the purchase of a Primal Pass.

Does the game feature dyes for customization?
Yes! However, to make the process more mobile-friendly dyes will be applied to all applicable regions of a dyeable item. 

Is custom painting/warpaint available?
Custom painting is not available at this time, all paintable items/structures will be painted on all available regions when using either the Paintbrush or Spray-Painter. Creatures and players cannot be painted, however they can be dyed with Potent Dust.

How many creatures can we expect to see?
Our game currently features more than 80 unique species of dinosaurs and other extinct creatures. (Full list can be found here.)

Do we spawn with any items?
As a new survivor on the Island, you will spawn with only a Navigation Kit (Map & Compass) to help you discover the island, however you will be able to learn engrams and discover new items that you can craft as you play!

Is the Single player experience different from Multiplayer?
Yes! Apart from the largest difference of being all on your lonesome, we have taken great strides to make solo play as enjoyable as possible, including some mechanics not available in multiplayer, as well as an increased tame limit and smoother level progression.

What is the max Tribe Member limit?
Tribes can have up to 10 members in PvP/PvE, 6 players in PvX/PvXc

What is the tame limit?
In Single Player, players may have up to 40 tames. In Multiplayer, players may have 12 tames per person, which stacks with more Tribe members (2 Tribe members = 24 tames, and so on). Additionally, Primal Pass holders gain 50% extra tame slots.

Do creatures have their TLC changes?
Not all of them, and not all abilities.

When will support be added for [X] device?
We are working on compatibility fixes for some devices but do not have anything more to announce on that at this time.

Will the game support other Languages?
We plan to have other-language support in the future.

What languages are currently available?
English, French, Spanish, Italian, German, Japanese, Chinese, Portuguese, Korean, Dutch, Russian.

Can we use Admin Commands in Single Player?
With a purchase of the God Console you have access to some Admin-esque Commands. Find out more about the God Console here. 

Why can't I watch an ad for Amber?
If the Ad Provider does not have any ads to serve, there will be no ads to watch.

What's the difference in server/game difficulties?
EASY: Easy is for those that just want to test the waters of Multiplayer and explore the Island as first-time, or casual, survivors. Wild Creatures around the Island will spawn with a maximum level of 30, excluding cave-dwelling creatures, and XP received on this server is the standard 100% XP gain rate. 
MEDIUM: Medium is for Survivors looking for a little bit of a challenge, but still on board with the standard ARK experience. Wild Creatures can be found at a maximum spawning level of 150, excluding cave-dwellers, and XP gain is at 80% of the standard gain rate.
HARD: Hard is for Survivors looking for a much larger challenge, taking on tough opponents from the get-go and working hard to progress and grow. Wild Creatures spawn at a maximum level of 300, with XP gain at 50% of the standard rate.
BRUTAL: Brutal is for Survivors looking for the most difficult challenge. Wild creatures spawn at a maximum level of 450, with XP gain at an agonizing 5% of the standard rate.

What is the maximum creature level that you can have?
Creatures can be bred/leveled up to a maximum level of 450 on Easy, Medium, and Hard.
On Brutal creatures can be a maximum of level 600.

What creatures are currently in the game?

Achatina Dimetrodon Leech* (+Diseased*) Phiomia Trike
Allosaurus Dimorphodon Leedsichthys* Plesiosaur Trilobite*
Ammonite* Diplocaulus Liopleurodon Procoptodon Tusoteuthis
Anglerfish Diplodocus Lystrosaurus Pteranodon Unicorn
Ankylosaurus Direbear Manta Pulmonoscorpius Woolly Mammoth
Araneo Direwolf Megaloceros Purlovia Woolly Rhino
Archaeopteryx Dodo Megalodon Quetzal  
Argentavis Doedicurus Megalosaurus Raptor (+Alpha*)  
Arthropluera Dung Beetle Meganeura* Rex (+Alpha*)  
Basilosaurus Dunkleosteus Megapiranha* Sabertooth  
Baryonyx Electrophorus Mesopithecus Sabertooth Salmon*  
Beelzebufo Equus Mosasaurus (+Alpha*) Sarco  
Bronto Eurypterid* Moschops Spinosaur  
Carbonemys Gallimimus Onyx Stegosaurus  
Carno (+Alpha*) Giganotosaurus Otter Tapejara  
Castoroides Gigantopithecus (+Yeti*) Oviraptor Terror Bird  
Chalicotherium Griffin Pachy Therizinosaurus  
Cnidaria* Ichthy Pachyrhino Titanoboa*  
Coelacanth* Iguanodon Paracer Titanomyrme Drone*  
Compy Kairuku Parasaur Titanomyrma Soldier*  
Dilophosaur Kaprosuchus Pelagornis Titanosaur  

PRIVATE SERVER RENTAL FAQ:

1. How much do private servers cost?

Prices vary depending on the amount of server slots and amount of time you want to rent your server for. Pricing starts at $5.20/month for a 6 slot server. Visit Nitrado’s website for full pricing information.

2. What settings can I change?

At launch, you can adjust the following settings on your server. Multipliers have stronger limits than the other versions of the game due to mobile device limitations, and to allow us to continue to offer the game as free to play.

SETTING

MINIMUM

MAXIMUM

Difficulty Level

Easy

Brutal

Survival Mode

Casual

Hardcore

Game Rules (PvP, PvE, PvX)

N/A

N/A

Disallow Crafting Stations

On

Off

Primal Pass Only Slots

Total Slots Purchased

Harvesting Rate

0.25x

3x

Mating Interval

0.10x

1x

Egg Hatch Speed

0.25x

5x

Baby Mature Speed

0.25x

5x

Imprinting Speed

0.25x

3x

Allow Cave & Obelisk Building

On

Off

Disable Structure Decay

On

Off

Disable Auto Tame Unclaim

On

Off

Max Players in Tribe

Day Time Scale

0.25x

3x

Night Time Scale

0.25x

3x

Disable Weather Effects

On

Off

Crop Growth Speed

0.25x

5x

Resource Respawn Period

0.25x

2x

Disable PvP Friendly Fire

On

Off

Allow Tribe Imprinting

On

Off

XP Multiplier

0.5x

2x

Defecation Multiplier

0.1x

5x

3. Can I transfer between unofficial and official servers?

No, Server Transfers between official and unofficial servers will not be supported.

4. Will I be able to whitelist and/or password protect my server?

Yes, you can choose to make your server public or to protect it with a password.

5. Will the owner have admin rights?

Yes, there is a required admin password (separate from the login password) that gives the owner access to the Admin Manager.

6. Where can I find the Admin Manager?

The Admin Manager can be found in the Extras panel within the in-game menu. You will be required to enter a password to access it.

7. Can I give another player admin rights on my server?

Yes, this can be done by sharing the admin password with them. Make sure you trust them though! They could technically ban you from your own server.

8. What types of admin commands will the owner have access to?

The server owner will have access to God Console (with a few cheats disabled) & player banning and server announcements, which can be done via the Admin Manager.

9. What will the server admin console look like?

It’s pretty ugly, honestly. We’ll clean it up in a future update.

10. Will I be able to spawn in resources and tames?

Yes, the owner can spawn in non-premium resources, just like God Console in Single Player. You cannot spawn in tames.

11. Are tame & structure limits still in place on private servers?

Yes, the same limits from official servers are in place. With a lot fewer players on your Island though, we don’t anticipate anyone running into this issue for a long time.

12. Will I be able to switch between PvP, PvE, and PvX at any time? What about difficulty?

Yes, these settings can be adjusted with a server restart.

13. How do I rent a private server?

Visit Nitrado’s website and setup an account. They’ll guide you through the rest of the process.

14. Will private servers get mods?

No, we have no plans of adding mods to official or unofficial servers. 

15. Can I be banned from a private server?

Yes, a private server admin can ban you for any reason they see fit. Please be aware that War Drum Studios & Nitrado can not be held responsible for any lost purchases on private servers due to bans.

16. Can I redeem promo codes on private servers?

Most codes are designed to work on official servers and single player, we will specify when a code works on unofficial servers.

17. My server won't let anyone join and has 0 players on it, what should I do?

Use the Nitrado web portal or the Nitrado mobile app to force a restart of your server.

18. My server isn't displaying in the unofficial server list in the game, what do I do?

Use the Nitrado web portal or the Nitrado mobile app to force a restart of your server.

19. What is the Server Information URL in the Nitrado settings?

This is a URL that will open when the players tap the Info button when viewing your server's main information in game. In order to work properly, URL's must start with http:// or https://.

Archived