ARK Extinction Trailer Discussion

Gideon2099

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, DinoDash said:

Yes, but I was about to quote that very passage to support my theory. “A plane even higher than the one I walk now” sounds a lot like he wants to conquer an even larger realm, perhaps an entire planet would suffice?

A plane, not a place. I think he is talking about attaining a deeper fusion with the elements in Aberration until the point he can influence people and control the creatures, as seen in the undergraduate notes. 

35 minutes ago, Paroxyde said:

A plane, not a place. I think he is talking about attaining a deeper fusion with the elements in Aberration until the point he can influence people and control the creatures, as seen in the undergraduate notes. 

Hmm possibly, but this seems to be something the “ark” itself wishes to achieve, and I’d assume controlling the creatures it creates wouldn’t be much of feat, more of a means to an ends.

46 minutes ago, DinoDash said:

Hmm possibly, but this seems to be something the “ark” itself wishes to achieve, and I’d assume controlling the creatures it creates wouldn’t be much of feat, more of a means to an ends.

Do the Ark control you or your dinos? It can only control corrupted ones like nameless and reapers. 

And, is it really the Ark? The Obelisk seems to not like that at all. Diana & co might have set free contained corruption that went haywire because they also shut the obelisks down. 

1 hour ago, Paroxyde said:

Do the Ark control you or your dinos? It can only control corrupted ones like nameless and reapers. 

And, is it really the Ark? The Obelisk seems to not like that at all. Diana & co might have set free contained corruption that went haywire because they also shut the obelisks down. 

I agree that it’s definitely not a normal ark that is communicating with Rockwell, and as far as control goes I think you have a point with it only being able to control corrupted creatures, which seems to be a big play point in extinction. So I guess I have to modify my theory, it’s the corrupted Ark as well as Rockwell  that want to take over the earth.

On ‎6‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 2:49 PM, Tiguris said:

I had to put on my tin foil hat for this one. Maybe the GPS doesn't work because there is only 1 obelisk. If you look at all of the ARK logo's  for the other dlc they have 3 crystals. Extinction only has 1. And we are only shown 1 so far.

The other two are being hidden by the corruption.

On 6/20/2018 at 10:20 PM, ZyraSeedling said:

This is a teaser. They still have 5 months of work to do. They may still be tweaking major content before showing it off. There will be bigger trailers that show more of the new content in the future, which is probably why you found it less exciting. 

Nobody knew scorched earth was coming. The Scorched trailer released and the game released at the same time. It showed off ALL the new content so of course it was super exhilerating. The "GET IT NOW" at the end was mind blowing exciting. you cannot really compare the two. 

Agree 

9 hours ago, Tatutribe said:

“The ARKaeology event also brings with it a bionic battle beast - the Tek Rex - for survivors to tame, ride and breed!”

so confirmed, its only during arkeology event ...

Zane (@WC_Zane) a tweeté : @xbmitchx can cofirm that its already been confirmed they will be a permanent thing

Confirmed several times by devs that Tek Rex will be permanently present. 

Guys, I just noticed something. The player in the teaser does not have an aberrant implant. Just an alpha ascendant one! 

This can mean that any ascensions could send you to earth or you could choose to further improve yourself in other Arks! Which gives a slightly higher chance of a next DLC before Ark2 and means that we might get an ascension from SE, either through the Manticore there (Doubt it as it's a side boss on Rag) or add an ascension boss on SE. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/19/2018 at 8:16 PM, ZetaFoX17 said:

I agree with you, but i think the city will be at the center of the map, and the obelisks will be around it. Notice the forcefield around the blue obelisk and the sky in it.
I think each obelisk will have a Titan too, since we saw the Titan inside the forcefield of the blue obelisk. Also, it had ice spikes on its back.

By the way, i was very surprised that the world wasn't as dark as in the Aberration end scene, maybe it will be this dark when the corrupted dinos will come ?

Also, i had a theory that the forcefield of each obelisk would eventually shut down like in the Aberration endscene, and that it would need to restore its power to turn it back on, during this time, creatures from the outside could go inside and go on a rampage. Maybe this will happen with the "tower defense" game where the corrupted dinos come ?

Theres probaly wastelands between the obelisks. Making it dangerous to travel. 

And scratch my  theory about biomes at diferent obelisks. It may be that the red and blue obeli are powered down like the one we see in the aberration ending. 

• 4 weeks later...

Archived