ARK Extinction Trailer Discussion

Gideon2099

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, RowletAlex said:

I could understand if there were no flyers permitted and we had to use more ground caravan based stuff. With the cryo-cubes that allow you to carry dinos around in item form (no feeding either) it’ll be a lot easier to bring your large ground dinos from point A to point B. If Gasbags have a high enough base carrying stat, and potentially have a platform saddle (even a small one) I could see completely nomadic tribes being a viable option when building a gigantic megabase isn’t an option. This combined with the balloon crates would make it practically effortless to live a life on the ground without flying mounts. 

First Bold: Check the trailer again. There are flying creatures present inside That possibly means we will have flying dino/creature. This can be concreted with the fact GasBags 'can fly' through ballooning.

Second Bold: Balloon crates are at the mercy of other survivors. If it gets shot by them, it would practically mean your loots lost. For Good.

13 hours ago, PuffyPony said:

It's coming folks: Extinction. In five months, we're gonna hit the pinnacle of ARK!

I'm excited

Like, very excited

It sounds incredible, from the few details we have. Enormous Titans to fight and tame, floating gas bag very hungry caterpillars, remote drones, waves of Element-corrupted dinosaurs to battle... and somewhere, a boss to make them all cower. (https://www.pcgamer.com/ark-extinction/)

In five short months, it'll be time to head to Earth, folks. Time to go home.

It's going to be interesting to see how this map plays out. From what I have heard, we will also use ziplines and glider suits. We will be dealing with an aberration like map with an island/corrupt theme.  Also the "Defend the objective" mode could be epic once we see what were up agianst.

7 minutes ago, DinoDash said:

Hey has anyone noticed that in the extinction banner there are giant rib bones on the right so big that they can’t even come from the titan on the left? Possible hint towards the final boss perhaps? Or just a design oversight.

Well, oversized bones are a popular component in many ARK maps so it's quite possible it means nothing more than to evoke a feeling that even more fantastic creatures existed in these locations in the distant past.  Then again, the Titans are mini-bosses... so anything is possible.

• Volunteer Moderator
48 minutes ago, DinoDash said:

Hey has anyone noticed that in the extinction banner there are giant rib bones on the right so big that they can’t even come from the titan on the left? Possible hint towards the final boss perhaps? Or just a design oversight.

I wouldn't say they can't come from the Titans. The bones in the banner are a lot closer than the Titan is as the Titan is further in the background. From what we saw in the trailer I believe the bones would be a good size to match the Titans.

• Volunteer Moderator

Not exactly new information, as they stated that there will be new explorer notes each month between now and November that will reveal more info, just like the one's released last week. They are also doing the usual mysterious mysteries for the creatures which was mentioned in the announcement which are likely to be between now and November.

I'm not sure why people ask why November? Do people really expect multiple DLC's within a 12 month period? I'd rather expect 1 DLC every 12 months otherwise it's just rushing things out in too much of a short time span.

2 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

Wasnt a big fan of the 'gasbag' at first glance but to me it really looks alot like a sky bison out of Avatar. Cant wait to tame one and see what other creatures are yet to be revealed.

Lol, the gas bag is gonna be hilarious in situations. Got something chasing you? gasbag. Got to get away from abusive tribe mates? gasbag. "when you can float away from all your problems in extinction.."

Guest DJRone89
1 hour ago, tribeofguy said:

im the only one that does not like all this tek. extinction map should be on primitive + right?

Extinction shouldn’t be made available for Prim+ at all until it’s been integrated into the mod. Just look how long it took Scorched Earth to work with it, let alone Aberration.

I want to know more about Santiago ! How do he knows that much about the obelisks, the elements, etc.. ?
But I also think they're all dead ^^ 
Or maybe Mei already tamed the last boss ._. (Or at least a Titan)
OR Helena became the last boss *dramatic sound*

Anayway x) About the trailer, is the Gigano an ado or juvenile ? If yes, maybe we'll find baby creature in Extinction ? Like the Kairukus ?

3 minutes ago, Globy said:

I want to know more about Santiago ! How do he knows that much about the obelisks, the elements, etc.. ?
But I also think they're all dead ^^ 
Or maybe Mei already tamed the last boss ._. (Or at least a Titan)
OR Helena became the last boss *dramatic sound*

Anayway x) About the trailer, is the Gigano an ado or juvenile ? If yes, maybe we'll find baby creature in Extinction ? Like the Kairukus ?

Meh... I don't like that. I feel bad when I kill babies... 

Archived