ARK Extinction Trailer Discussion

Gideon2099

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Woodsman said:

so the giga in this new dlc extinction will be made smaller to the size of a trex?

Mmm I don't think so... we don't really get a side-to-side comparison, just a comparison of the Giga and Enforcer from the POV of someone on Rex back. It maybe is a bit smaller but overall still looks significantly larger than the Rex

Guest DJRone89

Never happy.

Plenty time to fix the bugs and issues with the game that so many of the community want addressed.

Folks dont get to hyped about it for the Nov 6th release on the new dlc .. It wont happen and here is why = After all we talking about WC here cause for the past 3 years they have never ever, ever been on time with releases its just not in their nature .. its just how they operate ..

Hope this dlc will be released for Xmas ( I think it will then )

Sorry guys dont meant to be negative about it but fact is  WC has never been on time with releasing anything in the past .

Cheers

P.S  Thank you WC for this new DLC it shows you guys are still working hard and when it gets here it gets here i guess ..

27 minutes ago, PuffyPony said:

Well, let's see. Nerva is dead, Rockwell went nutso and became the boss of Aberration... so that leaves Mei Yin and Helena on Earth.

And now we're getting messages from She Who Waits. Is this possibly Helena, or is it a Homo Deus? or both (i.e. did Helena somehow ascend to that state)?

My personal theory is that Earth is in its current state because of Element. Given what we've seen of Element, I suspect that it doesn't just corrupt but actually has some degree of mind, similar to Imulsion and the Lambent from Gears of War. Somebody (Homo Sapiens or Homo Deus) was using Element to develop new technologies, possibly to solve some kind of crisis, until the Element began to corrupt and take over. Then, you have a world-wide war with the Element corrupted beings (akin to how the article describes), and Earth (and mankind) is destroyed.

As far as the ARKs, they possibly were launched beforehand (hence why Element is present on them), potentially as a means to engineer creatures which could help resolve the crisis (why else have dinosaurs that can grow so rapidly, or upend typical trophic trees?), until later the war caused mankind to reprogram the ARKs to simply seek out who could battle through hardship and survive against all odds: the perfect candidate to come home and reclaim Earth from the destruction and infestation of the Element.

So, I think we will be fighting bionic creatures, but also natural life that has been consumed, corrupted, and transformed by Element. Just my theory :)

bruh. I was thinking it was the scrins who won the campaign against earth and started teraforming it resulting in bionic creatures and elements. some resistance group managed to make something out of elements and launched them into space to try raising a suitable army and a commander against the scrins

ark is command and conquer tiberium 5 CONFIRMED

xD

am i just the only person in the ark community that isnt bipolar? seriously first you guys want them to take there time to make a dlc now theyre doing that and you want them to just hurry it up then theres the whole debate about bug fixes vs content. people were begging the devs to stop with content updates and focus on bug fixes now that theyre doing that everyone wants them to shift back there focus to content updates....

10 minutes ago, Havokpaintedwolf said:

am i just the only person in the ark community that isnt bipolar? seriously first you guys want them to take there time to make a dlc now theyre doing that and you want them to just hurry it up then theres the whole debate about bug fixes vs content. people were begging the devs to stop with content updates and focus on bug fixes now that theyre doing that everyone wants them to shift back there focus to content updates....

They took their time with Aberration (even delayed it) and still they didn't manage to make it decent.
What's up with that?

This might be an unpopular opinion but does anyone else not like the direction the game has went in terms of style? I mean, primitive man type (island, center, rag) to the futureistic alien type style of ab and now Earth? 

Ill play it for sure, part of me wonders how our current materials will look on earth.. i hope tek is like metal there, the main building material. Itd be silly if were making thatch wood and stone houses on a futuristic planet

Why are u doing such a huge thing arround a DLC that still takes half a year to be released?? u pretty much dont give us new fresh content for a big big time now...id say since aberration...why delaing the release when u said it would be on spring 2018? wildcard being wildcard....

BTW:::: PLSSSSSSS remake kibble system

14 minutes ago, d1nk said:

This might be an unpopular opinion but does anyone else not like the direction the game has went in terms of style? I mean, primitive man type (island, center, rag) to the futureistic alien type style of ab and now Earth? 

Ill play it for sure, part of me wonders how our current materials will look on earth.. i hope tek is like metal there, the main building material. Itd be silly if were making thatch wood and stone houses on a futuristic planet

From what I have seen in the forums in the past, this will be anything but an unpopular opinion, its going to be a wide spread one. Number of people complaining that it isnt just stone structures and dinosaurs anymore which is what they thought it was. I kinda like the direction its going (I like the scifi vibes) but agree that if were all still making thatch huts I might be disappointed. Am hoping tek is going to be wide spread, hopefully indicated by the two people flying past in the trailer using tek suits.

I for one, am very pleased with this. It met my expectations were it could and even surpassed based on the small things from the PCgamer Article. 

This is a very epic conclusion to a personally great experience to me. Thank you Wildcard! You mixed everything I love in a single game, advanced tek, dinos and alien biomes/creatures, awesome! 

I look forward to it.

Cheers!

12 minutes ago, St1ckyBandit said:

The DLC itself looks amazing. The drone, the ice cubes to store dinos, the teleporting dinobot, the huge boss, the overgrown map, the balloon to send supplies back to base- all of it sounds really cool... but Jesus Nov 6th. That's one hell of a delay especially this year with all the amazing games dropping.

Yeah, and unfortunately it's coming out around the same time as RDR2 and Fallout 76. I'll be getting all three, but it'll be very tough to juggle them, work, exercise, eating, and a social life at the same time :)

The map may be splited into regions like aberrations elemental chambers. My theory is that its going to be three arks with their own biome. 

We can see the blue obeli at a snow biome like on the island. I think that green and red obeli should have their own kind of nature. The green should have the city that we saw in the trailer wich was really overgrown. The red should have more kind of a redwood vibe.

Between the arks should be the wasteland where everything is deadly

from the release date announcement

In the months leading up to Extinction there will be routine drops of Extinction-related Explorer Notes on The Island, Scorched Earth, and Aberration. Once collected these notes will unlock new Extinction-related skins.

There will also be the appearance of more powerful Tek-themed Dinosaur variants within the ARKs each month! We have already released the first set of these Explorer Notes last Friday which also included the first Extinction related skin ‘Corrupted Helm’ and mighty the Tek Rex.

I noticed Rivers...and in the aberration ascension video there's a green zone near the obelisk that turns off as you wake up.    Some of the screenshots show a city overrun with greenery and vines.

So yeah, I'm thinking similar to aberration, different zones.    Green zone, ravaged wasteland zone, ice zone are the ones we've seen.     Guessing we'll see lava too at some point.

13 minutes ago, Enderborn said:

The map may be splited into regions like aberrations elemental chambers. My theory is that its going to be three arks with their own biome. 

We can see the blue obeli at a snow biome like on the island. I think that green and red obeli should have their own kind of nature. The green should have the city that we saw in the trailer wich was really overgrown. The red should have more kind of a redwood vibe.

Between the arks should be the wasteland where everything is deadly

I agree with you, but i think the city will be at the center of the map, and the obelisks will be around it. Notice the forcefield around the blue obelisk and the sky in it.
I think each obelisk will have a Titan too, since we saw the Titan inside the forcefield of the blue obelisk. Also, it had ice spikes on its back.

By the way, i was very surprised that the world wasn't as dark as in the Aberration end scene, maybe it will be this dark when the corrupted dinos will come ?

Also, i had a theory that the forcefield of each obelisk would eventually shut down like in the Aberration endscene, and that it would need to restore its power to turn it back on, during this time, creatures from the outside could go inside and go on a rampage. Maybe this will happen with the "tower defense" game where the corrupted dinos come ?

I love it, and how it seems to blend together everything from all 3 past arks. Titans look amazing and I can’t wait to build an army (especially if the dodorex, or a gigantic version thereof, is amongst them) The new creatures seem cool too, and I don’t care what they are so long as most, if not all are rideable. Aberration had a decent number of creatures IMO, but having 4 shoulder ones and 2 more untameable is pretty disappointing. 

However, there is one thing I’m concerned about. It seems many of the items are TEK-tier, as are a few creatures (the teleporting dude might be craftable) Will we have to go in the game already at max level, or is it viable to start anew? I’ve always preferred starting from the beginning on each DLC, and starting already max level would kinda ruin the gradual progression for me.

Even so, I’ll play it anyways because I got the season pass AND it looks friggin awesome. 

And to those who are complaining about the game not being a dinosaur game anymore: It never was. When I bought the game I’d already acknowledged its scientific inaccuracy and simply treated it as a sci-fi survival game that happened to have dinosaurs in it.

When aberration released I wasn’t dissapointed by the lack of real dinosaurs, because the new stuff was cool and there are only so many groups of dinosaurs one can put into a game before they start becoming clones of one another (which is also why I’m glad the new skin dinos are just skins. Had they been actual dinos with identical AI and abilities, people would have complained they weren’t unique and should have been skins)

Ark was never purely a dinosaur game, it has always been, and always will be a sci fi game with dinosaurs in it. If you don’t want that go play primitive plus, and if primitive plus isn’t your cup of tea go play Saurian instead.

Archived