ARK Extinction Trailer Discussion

Gideon2099

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nobody has any idea. I've seen people speculate that the tek rex is a hint that a lot of dinos will be 'tekkified'. Likely untrue. If you look at the countdown banner, on the left there appears to be a creatures mouth/beak. Looks kinda like a quetzal. Other than that there is literally 0 information on the kinds of creatures we can expect to see in this DLC. One would hope half of them arent shoulder pets, like aberraiton. lol.

I am in the tek dinos camp 

They added bionic skins for Giga, Rex, Raptor, Quetz, Trike, Parasaur, Stego, and Mosa and gave those out as pre order bonuses to people depending on what store you pre ordered a physical copy from. While doing this they stated they would open up a way for everyone to get these skins and other than the rex and giga this has not yet happened. This would explain them never making those skins available if they decided to use them for the DLC

Life finds a way from the original countdown is also a clue. The creatures themselves evolving to Tek versions of themselves in order to survive the "Extinction" is finding a way in my book

I very well could be wrong but I feel rather confident the Tek Rex is only the first of the Tek creatures we will be seeing

17 hours ago, BookofBlade said:

Life finds a way from the original countdown is also a clue. The creatures themselves evolving to Tek versions of themselves in order to survive the "Extinction" is finding a way in my book

I very well could be wrong but I feel rather confident the Tek Rex is only the first of the Tek creatures we will be seeing

This makes more sense than anything else I've read on here for a long time. 

I am very worried because a long long time ago, someone I know said that they "know what extinction is about," and went on to say that earth has been taken over by bionic dinosaurs.  More and more is pointing at this being possible, not definite but POSSIBLE.

This would literally be the crappiest storyline conclusion in the history of videogames ever.  And now with the extinction announcement trailer showing a new tek-creature, I am even more worried.

Why would a race of bionic dinosaurs create mechanisms to synthesize and contain "homo deus" and then go on to synthesize biological versions of themselves for the homo deus to tame, breed, and fight with?  Please for the love of ARK, do not let this totally raptoring stupid theory be true.

It will be almost a year since the last dlc and with the current drop of players the game won't be able to hold itself with events like reskins and level increase Dino's or picking bones from the floor or going into single player and finding the new research notes.

6 months and another 5 on top or it, chances are you are working on another project that is taking main focus, but by the time that releases you'll have burnt the bridge with your playerbase and nobody will be supporting someone that doesn't support their own work.

It's coming folks: Extinction. In five months, we're gonna hit the pinnacle of ARK!

I'm excited

Like, very excited

It sounds incredible, from the few details we have. Enormous Titans to fight and tame, floating gas bag very hungry caterpillars, remote drones, waves of Element-corrupted dinosaurs to battle... and somewhere, a boss to make them all cower. (https://www.pcgamer.com/ark-extinction/)

In five short months, it'll be time to head to Earth, folks. Time to go home.

Yea it's a long time, but we are excited about the new DLC.

True, I have no idea what were they doing since the last DLC: Aberration. That map still have many glitches, bugs and meshing issues. Since release.
They still got around 5 months to finish and polish the new DLC. Hopefully it will not be as flawed as the last ones.

I also agree, many people gonna burn out pretty soon. But when the DLC releases many will visit back. We will see the opinions about the new DLC than. :)

1 minute ago, PuffyPony said:

https://www.pcgamer.com/ark-extinction/

Apparently, this :) Granted that's only some superficial details, but it truly seems like Extinction will be the culmination of everything ARK has to offer, and then some.

I know they were probably working on Extinction. It was a ironic question.
So they need a total of 1 whole year to release this new DLC? Better be good lol

3 minutes ago, PuffyPony said:

https://www.pcgamer.com/ark-extinction/

Apparently, this :) Granted that's only some superficial details, but it truly seems like Extinction will be the culmination of everything ARK has to offer, and then some.

Thank you PuffyPony...  This looks cool as poop.  But I want to know how it all goes together:  We only have Mei Yin, Rockwell, Helena, Nerva, and a few others leaving stories of taming and adventure, and of course Rockwell..  hahaha.  But how does it all fit together?  How did they all get there?  How did the ARKs come to exist?  Why is the Earth in that kind of shape?

If it is because Earth is taken over by bionic dinosaurs, I will be very very VERY disappointed.  Please, let this be wrong.  Please.

Just now, TheDonn said:

Thank you PuffyPony...  This looks cool as poop.  But I want to know how it all goes together:  We only have Mei Yin, Rockwell, Helena, Nerva, and a few others leaving stories of taming and adventure, and of course Rockwell..  hahaha.  But how does it all fit together?  How did they all get there?  How did the ARKs come to exist?  Why is the Earth in that kind of shape?

If it is because Earth is taken over by bionic dinosaurs, I will be very very VERY disappointed.  Please, let this be wrong.  Please.

Well, let's see. Nerva is dead, Rockwell went nutso and became the boss of Aberration... so that leaves Mei Yin and Helena on Earth.

And now we're getting messages from She Who Waits. Is this possibly Helena, or is it a Homo Deus? or both (i.e. did Helena somehow ascend to that state)?

My personal theory is that Earth is in its current state because of Element. Given what we've seen of Element, I suspect that it doesn't just corrupt but actually has some degree of mind, similar to Imulsion and the Lambent from Gears of War. Somebody (Homo Sapiens or Homo Deus) was using Element to develop new technologies, possibly to solve some kind of crisis, until the Element began to corrupt and take over. Then, you have a world-wide war with the Element corrupted beings (akin to how the article describes), and Earth (and mankind) is destroyed.

As far as the ARKs, they possibly were launched beforehand (hence why Element is present on them), potentially as a means to engineer creatures which could help resolve the crisis (why else have dinosaurs that can grow so rapidly, or upend typical trophic trees?), until later the war caused mankind to reprogram the ARKs to simply seek out who could battle through hardship and survive against all odds: the perfect candidate to come home and reclaim Earth from the destruction and infestation of the Element.

So, I think we will be fighting bionic creatures, but also natural life that has been consumed, corrupted, and transformed by Element. Just my theory :)

24 minutes ago, Grandta said:

It will be almost a year since the last dlc and with the current drop of players the game won't be able to hold itself with events like reskins and level increase Dino's or picking bones from the floor or going into single player and finding the new research notes.

6 months and another 5 on top or it, chances are you are working on another project that is taking main focus, but by the time that releases you'll have burnt the bridge with your playerbase and nobody will be supporting someone that doesn't support their own work.

Seriously, You couldn't wait 4 hours before posting this?

They are literally giving you all the info you want later today. Next time inform yourself before posting stuff like that. The front page even mentions ark Extinction ffs.

2 minutes ago, Lancelot said:

Seriously, You couldn't wait 4 hours before posting this?

They are literally giving you all the info you want later today. Next time inform yourself before posting stuff like that. The front page even mentions ark Extinction ffs.

Seems like you're the one that should've waited before posting.

What exactly do I need to inform myself on?

1 minute ago, Grandta said:

Seems like you're the one that should've waited before posting.

What exactly do I need to inform myself on?

They are announcing the release date in 3 hours, with gameplay video and all. 

It seems a bit premature to say that they will have burned bridges by the time the expansion comes out when you don't know he release date. You could've waited 3 hours to get actual information...

Just now, Lancelot said:

They are announcing the release date in 3 hours, with gameplay video and all. 

It seems a bit premature to say that they will have burned bridges by the time the expansion comes out when you don't know he release date. You could've waited 3 hours to get actual information...

You're clearly misinformed, go watch the trailer that was already released.

Archived