Kaiju confirmed

Migol

There was a PC gamer article released that indicated the Titans will be tameable, but they aren't just going to be wandering the world. You have to take certain steps to encounter them, the article mentioned dungeons.

I do think they'll probably be temporary tames, which... I hope not, but given how big and bad they look, I can't help but think that's the case

https://www.pcgamer.com/ark-extinction/

The article, for your reference

I really hope it will be like insanely tough to fight in the wild maybe a bit like a world boss that would be fun 

im so hyped to see what else they will give us with this exciting last expansion 

i hope that if the titan is tameable like the article suggests it wont be a temp tame cause no one really bothers with taming the titano as far as i know and i dont want it to be like that with the titan 

IM SO HYPED!!!

4 minutes ago, LustyLaila said:

i hope that if the titan is tameable like the article suggests it wont be a temp tame cause no one really bothers with taming the titano as far as i know and i dont want it to be like that with the titan 

Perhaps it will just have an extended timer (more than 24 hr), or it'll have some kind of upkeep mechanism that doesn't prevent you from keeping it indefinitely but makes it impractical to do so

Thanks for the link to the article.

A bit surprised so much was given away already, the "unknown" stuff was already named (gasbag and drone), the gasbag is a semi-flying creature with a hot air balloon mechanic, made for transport.   The Drone lets you remotely view things and can carry bombs and such.    They also mention the robot quadraped you see in the video, it's not sure if you build or tame it (I would assume build unless "taming" = "hacking").     It can climb, strafe, and small teleport jump.      

The tower defense events sound fun tho I'm wondering how that'll happen on PVE

I'm concerned with the fact that we only see one obelisk... As the Titan is in the forcefield of the blue obelisk, i guess there will be 2 others obelisks like on the ARKs in space,  a green and a red one. Maybe each obelisk will have a titan ? (so, there will be 3 titans ?)

BTW, it looks like that on Earth, an ARK is only one obelisk because the forcefield is only around one obelisk.

Maybe each ARK (obelisk) will have its own "biome", the blue one had a cold environnement, maybe we can expect a volcano and a jungle for the other ones ?

1 hour ago, PuffyPony said:

Perhaps it will just have an extended timer (more than 24 hr), or it'll have some kind of upkeep mechanism that doesn't prevent you from keeping it indefinitely but makes it impractical to do so

the upkeep thing i could be a fan of, that way they dont just get thrown away and you tamed it for nothing but then it would be exciting to see what kind of upkeep cost or way they would come up with, the possibilities are endless here :D

My guess as to how they’ll work: 

Titans are permanent tames, but are incredibly difficult (think passive taming a tuso but you only have you and fellow tribesmen for bait difficulty) The whole idea with extinction is you’re fully ascended, so on official servers it’ll be something along the lines of bringing the entire tribe and 20+rexes, defeating and taming the titan, and THAT’s how you become king of the server.

Titans won’t be transferable between extinction servers, so are permanently stuck in one world. Additionally, tribes can only own one titan (or only one of each species), and they could make it to where two tribes with titans cannot make an alliance or war on the same tribe, but that probably won’t happen. 

To usurp an alphatribe you simply build up on another map and tame a titan on that server and use it to beat the alpha’s titan. Then you use your titan to destroy their base so it’s more difficult for them to get another titan quickly so yo have at least SOME time as the alpha tribe of your server.

Plus there are probably only 3 titans (give or take) and only one of each titan species can exist at any one time (or something like that) so it won’t be twelve different tribes that are all part of one alphatribe collective with multiple titans wreaking havoc on a server.

If not, good luck usurping an alphatribe on extinction that already has dozens of titans. I’ll be in single player goofing off with them and having a grand old time.

29 minutes ago, RowletAlex said:

My guess as to how they’ll work: 

Titans are permanent tames, but are incredibly difficult (think passive taming a tuso but you only have you and fellow tribesmen for bait difficulty) The whole idea with extinction is you’re fully ascended, so on official servers it’ll be something along the lines of bringing the entire tribe and 20+rexes, defeating and taming the titan, and THAT’s how you become king of the server.

Titans won’t be transferable between extinction servers, so are permanently stuck in one world. Additionally, tribes can only own one titan (or only one of each species), and they could make it to where two tribes with titans cannot make an alliance or war on the same tribe, but that probably won’t happen. 

To usurp an alphatribe you simply build up on another map and tame a titan on that server and use it to beat the alpha’s titan. Then you use your titan to destroy their base so it’s more difficult for them to get another titan quickly so yo have at least SOME time as the alpha tribe of your server.

Plus there are probably only 3 titans (give or take) and only one of each titan species can exist at any one time (or something like that) so it won’t be twelve different tribes that are all part of one alphatribe collective with multiple titans wreaking havoc on a server.

If not, good luck usurping an alphatribe on extinction that already has dozens of titans. I’ll be in single player goofing off with them and having a grand old time.

The problem is that whereas the Titanosaur, you need to (if we trust the article) kill or tame them to summon the boss. So limiting it to 1 spawn would be blocking the access to the end game. And allowing transfer will just make alpha tribe stronger. And titanosaur are suprisingly weak in alpha tribe warfare. 

13 minutes ago, Paroxyde said:

The problem is that whereas the Titanosaur, you need to (if we trust the article) kill or tame them to summon the boss. So limiting it to 1 spawn would be blocking the access to the end game. And allowing transfer will just make alpha tribe stronger. And titanosaur are suprisingly weak in alpha tribe warfare. 

oh killing them to summon the boss

thats a great idea. no more crowding around obo because that guardian gonna get your tames

then again what do we use for transfers now? and beacons? its not an ark so no beacon...do we go around scavenging like how it is on uhhh...osiris new dawn? that will be lovely xD

3 minutes ago, HiImZech said:

oh killing them to summon the boss

thats a great idea. no more crowding around obo because that guardian gonna get your tames

then again what do we use for transfers now? and beacons? its not an ark so no beacon...do we go around scavenging like how it is on uhhh...osiris new dawn? that will be lovely xD

There should be one and only one Obelisk if we trust the explorer notes. 

1 hour ago, Paroxyde said:

Right, forgot about that. A one of each species per server rule would only result in problems now I think about it.

And how would not allowing transferrals make alphas stronger? (Not being sarcastic, I’ve never actually played official so I don’t know exactly how alphatribe hierarchies work)

But keep in mind the Titan seen in the trailer seems as big or bigger than the Titanosaur, and due to it having big pointy jaws with big pointy teeth and big pointy horns and big pointy claws (all things the Titanosaur lacks) it’ll probably be stronger offensively than the Titanosaur is.

1 hour ago, RowletAlex said:

Right, forgot about that. A one of each species per server rule would only result in problems now I think about it.

And how would not allowing transferrals make alphas stronger? (Not being sarcastic, I’ve never actually played official so I don’t know exactly how alphatribe hierarchies work)

But keep in mind the Titan seen in the trailer seems as big or bigger than the Titanosaur, and due to it having big pointy jaws with big pointy teeth and big pointy horns and big pointy claws (all things the Titanosaur lacks) it’ll probably be stronger offensively than the Titanosaur is.

You seem to forget that transfer was made to make raiding alpha possible. Before, the alpha tribe juste owned the whole server and you could do nothing about it. Maybe some guerrilla warfare here and there but you would never be able to make them fall (except if you somehow incite a rebellion in the tribe).

Once the transfer was allowed... They had to be warry about you amassing strength on a server or other alphas. 

It's easier to be a king in a pond than in the ocean. 

By the way, I just noticed the cooking pot in the Titan scene. Maybe you have to use it near an obelisk with the "dungeon" mats to summon/lure them?

Then the shield encloses both of you and either you kill/tame it, or the Obelisk emits a killing pulse after a set time that makes the Titan flee, but kills you and your tames. 

Back before release Wildcard was toying with the concept of a "Boss Wars" mechanic that would see bosses like the Broodmother or Manticore spawn randomly in the overworld and temporarily serve whichever Tribe managed to subdue them first. These Titans are likely the refined version of that concept and thus, I suspect they'll be temporary tames. Lucky for us solo players... Raid Dino Feeding is an option. ❤️

On 6/19/2018 at 5:37 PM, Paroxyde said:

You seem to forget that transfer was made to make raiding alpha possible. Before, the alpha tribe juste owned the whole server and you could do nothing about it. Maybe some guerrilla warfare here and there but you would never be able to make them fall (except if you somehow incite a rebellion in the tribe).

Once the transfer was allowed... They had to be warry about you amassing strength on a server or other alphas. 

It's easier to be a king in a pond than in the ocean. 

By the way, I just noticed the cooking pot in the Titan scene. Maybe you have to use it near an obelisk with the "dungeon" mats to summon/lure them?

Then the shield encloses both of you and either you kill/tame it, or the Obelisk emits a killing pulse after a set time that makes the Titan flee, but kills you and your tames. 

And as you said it’s easier to be a king in a pond rather than the ocean, it’s easier to fit (and hide) an entire navy in an ocean than it is a pond. What I’m saying is, from what I’ve read alphatribes are often strewn across multiple servers, and when they get raided they just bring in more weaponry/dinos from their other servers and sooner or later overpower their foes.

If titans were not transferable and were the primary viable way of battling other titans/item and/or dino transfers weren’t enabled, it’d be easier to transfer in the needed resources to tame one/sneakily build up and tame a titan, which you would use to usurp the alpha/at the very least stop them being the unconditional dictator of an entire server.

Either that, or titans ARE transferable, and are permanent, allowing for cross-server titan battles. That actually sounds like even more fun tbh.

I have noticed problems with my ideas that involve permanent and non-transferable titans. I am however, going to stand by my ideas and opinions on how they should work. HOWEVER, let’s keep in mind pretty much all we know about titans is that they’re really big, you can tame them somehow, and must do so for the boss. It could end up that all our concerns are for no reason and titans are already reasonably balanced.

Either way, whatever rules they apply to titans won’t affect me, because I play solo and can set it  so they’re permanent should they be like Titanosaurs.

• 4 months later...

As of the stream that happened 2 days ago, the titans will be tameable and transferable, but they are still working out the "kinks" in their ideas. They showed that the titans will be tamed by destroying the corruption on their bodies and will live in their respective biomes. The quality and "level" that the titan tames out to be will be the result of how efficiently you destroyed the corruption without hurting the titan too much. They had the idea that the titans would be a temp tame, average of about a week on server, and if you transfer it; it will have a timer of around an hour. Remember they were still working out how long they would be available after transfer, so don't take any of these timers to heart. Also, these titans will be tamed with a PLATFORM saddle already attached to them. The downside, in PvP scenarios, is that the rider, no matter what, will be vulnerable since the player is in their own open pod above the titans head. Again, only the frost titan was shown, so no one knows about the other titans saddles. 

Additionally, the tek creatures will be craftable. There will be modules, much like aberration charge nodes, that you can charge batteries AND make lower their tek items at. The blueprints to make these creatures will be available by killing the creature, quality depends on the level at which you kill it.

They also showcased the... turret dino? I don't remember the name. BUT it is rideable and can shoot spines like a turret. It also has a turret mode; maybe an easy way to get around that turret cap? There's just some of the info I gathered from the stream.

, TINYMAN

Archived