ARK: Extinction Release Date Revealed!

Jen

On 6/21/2018 at 1:02 AM, RowletAlex said:

Well the problem with that is back then the game wasn’t finished, and didn’t have all the content. If you’ve ever watched/read any developer interviews, you’d know the sci-fi aspect was part of it from LITERALLY the beginning, before the game even started actual development (some of the first pieces of concept art were of what ARKs would look like floating in space, and the Overseer fight)

Since telling everyone this would be HUGE spoilers, they kept quiet and left the fancier stuff (tek and endgame stuff) for later when they had more programmers/budget, and quite obviously, the game was mostly complete. Generally you don’t add the final boss before you add the first boss. 

The general idea for where the story would take us probably has gone the same way from the beginning (except back then they weren’t sure what earth would look like, etc etc)

If you don’t like it and would rather play a game with just real dinosaurs and no sci-fi (that isn’t Primitive Plus) Saurian scratched that itch quite well for me. It’s still early in development (and is thus a little bare) but I still found it worth the price.

TLDR: Devs NEVER once promised this would be solely a dinosaur survival game, and if you feel entitled to how it was in Early Access, tough luck.

Most people unhappy with this DLC are not against the scifi aspect BUT they are only disappointed than there aren't new dinos/prehistoric creatures. All creatures of ark are genetically engineered, even the rex in the trailer so why not an evolved subspecie of Gorgonopsyd or Postosuchus ? Instead of fully imaginary creatures like this Gasbag thing... Nobody would complain about a scifi DLC as long as it adds prehistoric creatures too, not only those aberrant pokemon-like creature (Bulbdog I choose you ) 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, DarkRaptor13 said:

Most people unhappy with this DLC are not against the scifi aspect BUT they are only disappointed than there aren't new dinos/prehistoric creatures. All creatures of ark are genetically engineered, even the rex in the trailer so why not an evolved subspecie of Gorgonopsyd or Postosuchus ? Instead of fully imaginary creatures like this Gasbag thing... Nobody would complain about a scifi DLC as long as it adds prehistoric creatures too, not only those aberrant pokemon-like creature (Bulbdog I choose you ) 

Thats how it works, WC just dont understando this.it's sad. I always knew those species were some kiind of mutated, b ut still you could recognize stegosaurus or other raptor in them. Game was sci fi, but focused on prehistoric creatures,incredible good combo. I always thought its the game i wonder about all my life, about ridable dinosaurs and wars between tribes using those. now im really disappointed about this mix of skyrim and alien vs predator

• Thanks 1

I don't understand why any of you would support DLCs like this and be happy about them, while in the same time the core game stays severely broken, having same, unsolved and extremely frustrating bugs and other issues for years. You support the fact that wildcard ignores it's community, it's promises and yet again does the money grab, instead of solving long standing issues with the game. They kept the same approach they had with scorched earth, when they actually released a paid DLC before main game was even finished (yes I'll mention that). Now they're doing it for the third time.

I stopped playing ark not for the lack of content, but because all of the annoyances that still exist in it, but could be easily fixed.  Those annoying bugs and design flaws create so much fatigue and frustration during gameplay. From time to time I get back and start playing again, but quickly realise why I quit in the first place.

I keep hoping to see things fixed in some update (OK, many issues got fixed eventually, but many of the most annoying ones still exist), but instead I see the same old wc tactic from early access- pump in flashy new content that you can show off in a cool trailer to attract more customers, ignore the problems with the core game.

It realy annoyed me how 75% of people are just ragging on the dev's for the game being late and when they rush the game they complain about how trash it is, put yourself in their shoes trying to please the many and get a good working game out that people can enjoy with their freinds. I believe they need our support unconditionally as a community and I understand it gets annoying but encouragement is key... whining about this is not gonna make it come any faster ( and I dont see nearly as many people complaining about when elder scrolls 6 is coming out NEXT YEAR after how many years... EXSACLY) so thank you wild card for bringing us yet another amazing DLC keep it up ???