ARK: Extinction Release Date Revealed!

Jen

On 06/19/2018 at 6:18 PM, Barje said:

Im personally gonna dislike all of the DLC until i see DLC with dinosaurs in it. Devs are trying to make a plot to this game which.. by part of community might be enjoyable, by other part not. I belong to the second group, so what do we get since start.

-amazing game with extinct animals, where each dossier was hyping me more and more

-Scorched earth meh.... but we finally got desert, but still adds mythological stuff i personally don't like so i'll call it crap

-Aberration which give us more mutated crap

-Extinction which give us even more technological scientistic mecha robo prime TEK crap.

waiting for ARK vanilla 2

What are you still doing here then it seems you dislike everything , go play WoW or something like that

Edited by DragonLadie
  • Facepalm 2

Why would they release another map when the wyverns teeth on console.still.look like rain drops the scales look like poop and they need allot of work still. They just keep releasing new stuff and giving us half ass dinos because y'all are excepting it. Pc has way better looking everything and they just throw some crap together for PlayStation that looks like PlayStation 2 and y'all are like hell yeah! Get it together wild card

Edited by Callmecrinak

On 6/19/2018 at 12:18 PM, Barje said:

Im personally gonna dislike all of the DLC until i see DLC with dinosaurs in it. Devs are trying to make a plot to this game which.. by part of community might be enjoyable, by other part not. I belong to the second group, so what do we get since start.

-amazing game with extinct animals, where each dossier was hyping me more and more

-Scorched earth meh.... but we finally got desert, but still adds mythological stuff i personally don't like so i'll call it crap

-Aberration which give us more mutated crap

-Extinction which give us even more technological scientistic mecha robo prime TEK crap.

waiting for ARK vanilla 2.

Think about it though Ark Survival Evolved at its core is about progression surviving new challenges and conquering new heights. The Ark creators (also what if at the end of this map it turns out that explores notes' creators are actually creators of the Ark experiment i had this thought earlier today and i was like WOW THIS COULD WORK) introduced us first to something new but familiar. Scorched earth brought us some things we knew about and mixed up some stuff we had never seen before except in fairy tales. Aberration brought us weirdness a world torn apart, THIS IS THE APEX EVERYTHING HAS BEEN LEADING UP TO THIS MUTATION AND DESOLATION WE MUST CONQUER THIS WORLD AND FIND OUT WHAT IS NEXT IS THIS THEN END? ALSO I DID NOT USE CAPS LOCK WHEN TYPING THIS I HELD SHIFT THE ENTIRE TIME YET I STILL DID THIS REAL QUICK PRETTY NEAT HUH? Anyway this is my two cents Ark vanilla 2 pfft. Who needs that i want to see where wild card takes this ARK IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????

On 6/19/2018 at 1:28 PM, DJRone89 said:

Ark’s final paid DLC launches 15 months after its full release and people are complaining that it’s too far away?

I’m guessing the main culprits complaining have never bought a season pass before, or have only ever played games that launch all of its DLC within a year.

Ummm... Where does it say that its the final paid DLC. I think Arks got some more like to it

35 minutes ago, NeverFallAlwaysRise said:

Ummm... Where does it say that its the final paid DLC. I think Arks got some more like to it

31 minutes ago, NeverFallAlwaysRise said:

Where does it say final dlc? Where?

Alot of people generalize Extinction as "the last dlc" because it's the end of the story. The finale. Is it really the last dlc? No, there'll be more mod maps, but extinction is likely to be the last we pay for. 

I'm very excited for Extinction, it looks fantastic and a new twist on the game.  I realize it takes time to make things into a reality and hey that's cool, get it working right then release it.  My only downside has been stated before, and that is it releases very close to fallout 76 which many players who love ark also love fallout so that will eat into their net profit and player base.  I personally feel that from a marketing stand point a November 6 release date will end up hurting the sales of this product but I seriously think it will redeem itself in 2019 as people finish up fallout and dust ark back off.  

It makes you wonder if announcing this DLC have made WildCard forget a year long promise to release Structures plus into main game on ALL PLATFORMS not just as a mod on PC yes we realize that modding on PC and Steam will always be easier but Honestly if we had the sponsored mods as DLC as well on console you wouldn't see any of us complaining about ANY release dates or the work you do to put content into ARK.

We love this game and the potential for a survival story telling with creatures of all manners that have been in the game but please do as you announce or just give us what we want and allow mods of some sort (even if its only sponsored ones) on Consoles you pay these people so we the players on ALL PLATFORMS should be able to enjoy their content.

• Like 1

Hey guys! I know that these might get lost in the nether of this forum, still there is the need to ask these. The questiona pretain to the Titans.

Now we all got to see the size of these titans. They are easilly 5x the size of Titanosaurs, and those Titanosaurs are huge. However, Titanosaurs are also temporary tames (much to the sheer disappointment of the players with dreams of making nomadic bases).

So, here-in lies the first question, and this is something that we all sincerely hope comes true because we don't want the disappointment associated with the Titanosaurs: will the Titans be permanent tames?

Then there is also the Cryopod. With this you can essentially store your dinos without the need to upload them. You can even trade the frozen dinos like you would the dinosaur eggs: either by dropping it onto the ground, or using a trading cabinet.

So here is the next question: if the Titans are unable to leave their confines/spawn spots the normal way, will you be able to use the Cryopod to freeze the Titans and get them out of there that way as to use them on the rest of the map?

On ‎6‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 11:25 PM, quaggz said:

I don't understand the complaints. 5 months for a standalone DLC that looks this good is a raptoring miracle. Go complain to Bethesda for waiting 10+ years to come out with ES6. Furthermore, if this has a legitimate story, npcs, quests, and a huge, dense world with lots of content and future updates and mods, what is there to complain about? Please, take my money.

The obvious difference being that Bethesda is a legitimate professional company that has proven on numerous occasions to be worth waiting for while Wildcard has disappointed me more times than they have impressed me with their one game. Wildcard is merely playing professionals while constantly making ameture hour, bone headed mistakes. 

I'm actually really pumped for Fallout 76.

• Volunteer Moderator
22 minutes ago, Topherallen07 said:

As excited as i am for Extinction, just want to see if i can get conformation that we will be getting Dragon Punk on console, as well as Structure Plus and Primal playable Creatures in the future of this game whether it be a year from now or so. Excited to hear back fingers crossed.?

Structures Plus is confirmed.

Primal Survival is dead, no longer in development.

Dragonpunk, well don't know what the future holds for that.

• Volunteer Moderator
15 minutes ago, Topherallen07 said:

Thats sad that primal is dead, but if we are getting Structure plus and Dragonpunk I'll play for alot longer. I still hold hope later on they will revive primal plus.

You aren't getting Dragonpunk, only Structures Plus. Dragonpunk is still just part of the Sponsored Mod Program like the other mods are.