ARK: Extinction Release Date Revealed!

Jen

Guest chancho33015

well, that was a pleasant surprise. Looks like they went a different path than on previews DLCs which is good. I think tek will play a big role finally on ark XD I think that map will have abundance of element XD  

I think they are smart for pushing the release date out instead of pushing it back multiple times and end up rushing an incomplete game out the door. If everything works well, and it adds to the core game mechanics enough to make the entire game more enjoyable from the island to extinction then im fine with it. I'm hoping for more biological rather than mechanical creatures (and actual dinosaurs/prehistoric creatures) and a TLC or something in between but if they can make all the dinos interact with you like that rex did (which I doubt) but if that is the level they could push the game to with 5 months then give it to them. I pray you hack the few mecha creatures and not dart-and-tame bcuz there is no logic in tranqing machines, EMP hand cannons that render them unconscious with a device to hack it while it is down would be awesome. That mechanic should be added to tek rex and other tek dinos also. I am not mad at all if they use that time wisely and deliver on that set schedule. More replay value in the end game so I'm not bored after taming everything and building my base and make it balanced for single player then I will be happy with the game. Solo player or local multiplayer being made more engaging would save the game.

Edited by GhostCreep

2 hours ago, St1ckyBandit said:

Yeah because anything thats ever come out for this game from Wildcard has been polished or didnt have some kind of awful development choice that had to be fixed.

5 months means nothing to me when I look at the track record of the game and wouldnt at all put it past them to delay it EVEN MORE as that is the norm with Wildcard products.

Would have been hyped for this if it had a summer or even early Sept release but there are games on games on games getting dropped later this year and extinction is right in the middle of it. Couldnt be worse timing really.

So people say "wouldnt you rather they delay the dlc and ship it in better shape?" Well actually no I wouldnt because its always broken anyway and theres too much stuff coming later this year.

....all that being said, it looks/sounds sick....

I agree, it looks like a ton of fun. I'm excited to get my hands on a scout bot!

On the other hand, I apologize if I came off as especially rude or antagonistic. I don't mean to say that WildCard is perfect. Indeed, I have issue with a few game mechanics myself. (Basi can resist squid-grab and jellyfish, but Mosa can't? Eh.) But I'm also not the sort of person to nitpick incessantly at something for its flaws.  (Prime example: I nitpick at Bungie for all of Destiny's wasted potential. I still love to play Destiny with friends, and I still thin Bungie is a good game developer overall.)

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Barje said:

Im personally gonna dislike all of the DLC until i see DLC with dinosaurs in it. Devs are trying to make a plot to this game which.. by part of community might be enjoyable, by other part not. I belong to the second group, so what do we get since start.

-amazing game with extinct animals, where each dossier was hyping me more and more

-Scorched earth meh.... but we finally got desert, but still adds mythological stuff i personally don't like so i'll call it crap

-Aberration which give us more mutated crap

-Extinction which give us even more technological scientistic mecha robo prime TEK crap.

waiting for ARK vanilla 2.

Ark has been a futuristic scifi from the beginning. Im not sure why so many people are upset with them adding scifi creatures to a scifi game. The plot of the game has always been you have been placed in an unknown synthetic world as a test subject. Specimen implants, big techy structures floating above the ground, gifts coming from above via beems of light, even the dossiers mention some of original dinos seem to be combined or augmented versions of real extinct creatures... Ark has never been just a "dinosaur game".

The game would have died out long ago if they stuck to just real dinos.

• Thanks 2

I have an idea. How about instead of bringing out more stuff you work on fixing the lag. Better yet let’s work on the Dino capped servers. You keep running 1/2 time taming and breeding events (should have kept that to a rare event) so now after playing on a servers it becomes useless. Now you keep bringing out new dinos so ups the lag issue and Dino cap issue. It’s an amazing game that you can barely play before becoming frustrated. 

Not that you really pay attention to your player concerns as this has been brought up many times and you only keep releasing more stuff. 

• Sad 1

45 minutes ago, TedyBearOfDeath said:

Ark has been a futuristic scifi from the beginning. Im not sure why so many people are upset with them adding scifi creatures to a scifi game. The plot of the game has always been you have been placed in an unknown synthetic world as a test subject. Specimen implants, big techy structures floating above the ground, gifts coming from above via beems of light, even the dossiers mention some of original dinos seem to be combined or augmented versions of real extinct creatures... Ark has never been just a "dinosaur game".

The game would have died out long ago if they stuck to just real dinos.

Yet primitive plus is quite popular (a mod that removes most of the sci fi aspects of ark)

Give me an epic way to kill the ichy birds the little thieves!  Like a tek Dilo that can shoot them out of the air or better yet a mini reaper that can shoot them out of the air and then jump on them and devour them in one bite!.  Either way Super stoked about this DLC looks like it has all new challenges and adventures.  Bring it!

I like the drone thing nice. Cannot wait to try the map, hope to see a tamable Chimera,Water Drake/Wyvern,aurock,Octopuss,Raven, Eagle, and Hydra. Also can we please het the Structure plus soon? And can you confirm we will get to play as the Creature eventually. Keep the amazing dlc stuff coming very fun game.

1 hour ago, KingGalahad said:

Yet primitive plus is quite popular (a mod that removes most of the sci fi aspects of ark)

Thats a true statement but mostly irrelevant. Mods allow players to change a game on their own to suite their tastes. People do this because they understand what the game is and know they have the option to change it . Instead of getting mad at the devs for developing the game how they want they do the work on their own and share it. If you want to completely change what the game has been and always will be feel free to use a mod or make your own mod. Your use of a mod isnt going to change the development of the core game. Thats basically the whole point of mods, to provide content you dont expect from the devs.

What is this?! Pokemons?!

As much as I love to see new content, I'm sick and tired of these fantasy/sci-fi themed DLCs and other similar additions. There are plenty of fantasy/sci-fi games out there. Ark started as an rather unique open world survival game with dinosaurs and other extinct animals and I, as many other people, in spite of all the bugs and problems, loved it for that. But then, it deviated so much from that over the course of years.

Devs, haven't you at least for a second thought that, instead of adding all this flashy, shiny laser/robot content, it would perhaps be better to actually finish the core game?! Wouldn't it be great if animals actually had some AI behind them, some PATHFINDING perhaps, that would enable them to detect and avoid obstacles in their surroundings, instead of mindlessly walking in place with half of their body stuck in a rock for example?! Wouldn't it be great if you fixed clipping, damage logic, animals disappearing or countless other bugs that I can't remember that are still present in the game?! After all that, wouln't it be super great if you made animal behaviour more complex- herds, migrations, nests, wild babies and their protective parents, tracking, ambushing, sleeping, wild carnivores that actually behave in a manner that makes sense, instead of going on a killing spree the moment they get spawned and until they die etc. etc.

I think it would ENRICH this game a lot, lot more than a new content DLC like the one you just announced.

I want a counter for that!!!

• Facepalm 1