ARK: Extinction Release Date Revealed!

Jen

Maybe they should fix the crap game they already have before adding to it. However they won't even inforce their rules on meshing so its a joke to think they would fix it. The only reason this game is so successful is because no other company has a game like this, its basically a monopoly where the wildcard doesnt care about its customers.

Edited by SIGMA

1 hour ago, blackmarsh said:

Same, I started playing Ark early on because I wanted to play a survival game with dinosaurs. SE added zero new actual dinosaurs. Aberration introduced zero new dinosaurs. I was bummed when each new release would be a jellyfish, bird, sheep, or unicorn.

I get other people enjoy all the other stuff, and I'm not against it. Personally though, I just wanted to play a dinosaur game, which is 100% how it was advertised early on.

the very first trailer for the game had the dragon boss in it as well as the obelisks it's what made me buy the game in the first place as dinosaurs plus dragons = cool

I would like more info on freezing tames. This could be one of the better things added to the game to help tameing cap issues and lag over certain bases. As long as its available to everyone and it’s NOT tek tire end game. That requires element to power.  

Edited by Dragoncharmer

1 hour ago, Weevor22 said:

i love how people complain that the release date is too far but if they rush it and it has bugs..they still complain..give them time it already looks fantastic let them make their game..

I was thinking the same thing. (Not to mention the fact that folks also complain about things being delayed. I'd rather see a longer wait time and get the DLC on the projected date, to be honest.)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Oreochema said:

I was thinking the same thing. (Not to mention the fact that folks also complain about things being delayed. I'd rather see a longer wait time and get the DLC on the projected date, to be honest.)

Yeah because anything thats ever come out for this game from Wildcard has been polished or didnt have some kind of awful development choice that had to be fixed.

5 months means nothing to me when I look at the track record of the game and wouldnt at all put it past them to delay it EVEN MORE as that is the norm with Wildcard products.

Would have been hyped for this if it had a summer or even early Sept release but there are games on games on games getting dropped later this year and extinction is right in the middle of it. Couldnt be worse timing really.

So people say "wouldnt you rather they delay the dlc and ship it in better shape?" Well actually no I wouldnt because its always broken anyway and theres too much stuff coming later this year.

....all that being said, it looks/sounds sick....

You just got to love ark community...If they get a rushed dlc they complain, cause its not polished, if they take theyr time to do it properly, people complains cause they have to wait for it...Its not like you invested a big amount of money on a company and you expect them to deliver...you pay no monthly fee you even get dlcs/tlcs for free, some of them...that "I paid once for this game, hand me stuff for years" attitude gets me on my nerves...quit playing ark if u want...this game has been out for years, still u play it to this date, it has to be good in some way else you would have quited ages ago, give WC some respect and trust...Or at least quit spamming the forums with all that negative attitude ,and let people that actually enjoys the game, enjoy it. Too many spoiled kids in here.  My 2c. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, felipe3232 said:

You just got to love ark community...If they get a rushed dlc they complain, cause its not polished, if they take theyr time to do it properly, people complains cause they have to wait for it...Its not like you invested a big amount of money on a company and you expect them to deliver...you pay no monthly fee you even get dlcs/tlcs for free, some of them...that "I paid once for this game, hand me stuff for years" attitude gets me on my nerves...quit playing ark if u want...this game has been out for years, still u play it to this date, it has to be good in some way else you would have quited ages ago, give WC some respect and trust...Or at least quit spamming the forums with all that negative attitude ,and let people that actually enjoys the game, enjoy it. Too many spoiled kids in here.  My 2c. 

Yeah its not like we have a terrible track record to look back on and formulate these opinions. Basically everything thats ever come out for this game has been delayed and its still been a mess when it finally released, right from the beginning with the base game.

But yeah I'm being a bit of a sandy vag, I admit it. Just wasnt expecting this big of a delay which will land it smack in between other games that I'll be busy with, and everyone knows the amount of devotion it takes to succeed in ark.

It looks great, a big job but... to be honest, after Aberration I was hoping for something less scifi. Something more like Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom end (dino in modern days) or a water/mythology/ice age-based DLC. More Scifi ? looks great yes but I don't really want a new "Horizon Zero Dawn" game... 

Especially with the new creatures. Full scifi, no new extinct creatures... I was hoping more dino and prehistoric creatures especially since Arkaeology event. Now I feel more fear than hype about this DLC. The cryo-cube idea and Kaiju "Titan" are good too but if there are other "Gasbag"-fully scifi-invented creatures instead of prehistoric ones it will be a big fail to my eyes... Already enough scifi games, ARK was interesting because of the dinos (rare things in video games) so forgetting it to go that much scifi...

Dinos & Prehistoric creatures's fans will be truly disappointed and look for other games... (JW evolution is different yes but can attract many dino-fans...) 

Nearly no hype/hope for this DLC. Now I'm just expecting a new 4th DLC with a prehistoric based game or way more TLCs and skins like stygi, styra and brachio. Or mods on consoles at least... 

Sorry to be so pessimistic, I'm sure it will be a big and original DLC and I will try it. But it doesn't match my hopes for dinos at all and I'm probably not the only one. They are so many scifi game (Horizon Zero Dawn looks a lot like this DLC...) and mythology games (Witcher, Skyrim...) out there but ARK is special because of dinos and prehistoric creatures (no other big dino game except for JW evolution) so that's why so many people started playing this game.

Letting the prehistoric wildlife on the side like that is like forgetting those players.

Some will try like me, because it's part of ark. But others will lose interest because it lacks what they were looking for at the beginning: DINOSAURS. 

WC should show some NEW prehistoric creatures SOON or many players will lose interest in it because of the new scifi focus... 

Please don't forget the original dino style ! :/

Edited by DarkRaptor13

2 hours ago, Grandta said:

5 months?? Are you trying to kill the November 6th is reasonable so they bug

2 hours ago, Grandta said:

5 months?? Are you trying to kill the game?

November 6th is reasonable so that they can build it and test it for bugs. I would rather it not crash like Ragnarok does or did. Not sure if they fixed that or not ive been away from Ark for a couple months.

2 hours ago, dinovart said:

Main titan is basically Baragon from old Godzilla movies. Earth dominated by titans reminds both attack on titan (story-wise) and Godzilla:planet of monsters (creature-wise), with some elements from aliens and terminator. ARK becomes even mre interesting that ever. I hope oneday japaneese Godzilla will roam the Earth, maybe brought to life by modders. Anyway, I will ride the modded titans, like I always do with modded bosses, and these feeleings are unique for ARK, making it the first open-world game with artificail, yet functional and balanced ecosystem.

No need for mods, they confirmed that they are tamable (at least the one in the trailer). 

5 months is really a bit of a long wait haha. One of my favorite things about the trailer is the rex's reactions to things, and for any story/lore fiends I have an guess to share: The actual person in the trailer who we see things out of their eyes, the character model is female due to the arm thinness and the lack of muscle and the like (Not being sexist, just pointing out parts of the game that are there), and seeing as there is a rex, one of the top-tier creatures, tamed and obedient to the woman.... I predict that the person who we 'see' in the trailer is Helena as she first arrives there from Aberration, or potentially (Though I find it unlikely) the beast queen herself, Mei-Yin. This is just my opinion on it, anyone is free to share theirs as well =P