Building advice- storage room

DauntingBeef08

Guest DJRone89
1 hour ago, DauntingBeef08 said:

Xbox official PvE

Looking for some suggestions/advice on storage room. Currently have a 2x2 stone hut with sloped roof from 1wall high to 2wall high.

Also only have large storage boxes. Will be upgrading to vaults.

It will be built on pillars as uneven ground

I don't want a 4x4 box 

A vault is 0.75 x 0.75 foundations wide, so you can fit 4 vaults within 3 foundations in a line.

You could affectively have a 3x3 with a line of vaults both sides, and as vaults have a capacity of 350 slots, thats 2800 slots of storage in a very small space.

I suggest having your storage room accessible by dinos easily using dino gates (or behemoth gates if you are going against large hatchframe for quetz or going to move stuff with bronto) to help organising your stuff around.

you can also do this with what djrone suggested, and have the walls changed into windows, then build a dino accessway behind it.

otherwise you can just build the storage room in the accessway. you can stand on boxes and vault anyway so why not consider that also.

since boxes can be stacked on top of each other using catwalks you can consider doing that with boxes. vault wise since they can already survive fall from any height you can consider dropping them onto each other instead.

try this out in creative mode single player

12 minutes ago, HiImZech said:

I suggest having your storage room accessible by dinos easily using dino gates (or behemoth gates if you are going against large hatchframe for quetz or going to move stuff with bronto) to help organising your stuff around.

you can also do this with what djrone suggested, and have the walls changed into windows, then build a dino accessway behind it.

otherwise you can just build the storage room in the accessway. you can stand on boxes and vault anyway so why not consider that also.

since boxes can be stacked on top of each other using catwalks you can consider doing that with boxes. vault wise since they can already survive fall from any height you can consider dropping them onto each other instead.

try this out in creative mode single player

Thanks, spent a few hours playing around on SP. Did see that they fell . I don't have quetzal. Only use argy, deod,anky and thorny Dragon.

Did like the look of using windows/doors instead of walls. Bit like a cash point. 

Guest DJRone89
1 hour ago, DauntingBeef08 said:

Thanks, spent a few hours playing around on SP. Did see that they fell . I don't have quetzal. Only use argy, deod,anky and thorny Dragon.

Did like the look of using windows/doors instead of walls. Bit like a cash point. 

Maybe pincode the windows and use a keypad for easier access. Sometimes the windows can open into the vaults/storage chests and be a pain to close.

wait. why do you want to put windows into windowframes? just leave it there. if its no pin coded and locked no one can open it besides you. he's on official pve so I don't think it'll be an issue

also eventually you're going to get a dino bigger than the regular gate. so that's something to consider. be mineful you can also have it work with 1 behemoth gate and 1 regular gate. the big dino just go out the way they come in no biggy

8 minutes ago, HiImZech said:

wait. why do you want to put windows into windowframes? just leave it there. if its no pin coded and locked no one can open it besides you. he's on official pve so I don't think it'll be an issue

also eventually you're going to get a dino bigger than the regular gate. so that's something to consider. be mineful you can also have it work with 1 behemoth gate and 1 regular gate. the big dino just go out the way they come in no biggy

He said to help with closing windows. I can attest to that as well. Sometimes they open Into objects and you can't close the window after so just use a pad to close them in that regard. 

Doesn't matter what he plays its' just a simple trick to help with doors and windows that open Into other objects and you can't close them.

Archived