Recommendations for taking on Rockwell on medium-hard difficulty?

PatrioticSam

Currently on my single-player server i have about four Reaper Kings. Their stats are fairly identical. Their health is over 20k and their melee damage is about 1000% It sounds a . bit overkill but i hope it will be enough to take on the Rockwell boss on medium-hard difficulty. And before you ask, no stats on my servers are altered. It's vanilla stats so nothing is boosted. I plan to the get up to 20 Reaper Kings in the future but it will take some time. So for the time being i want to stock up on gear as much as possible. Any suggestions regarding Reaper stats or weapons/gear that i should bring. Or any special tactics i should do to take Rockwell on? I'm planning to do it solo but i might get my friend to help out. Any suggestions would be very helpful.

Remember that Rockwell isn't like any other boss. You can't kill him as long as his giant tentacles are present (which regenerates after a while once you killed them all). And then there's the giant ball of doom to worry about as well, since it homes towards you and your dino/creatures, slow but its splash damage can really hurt you as well regardless if you are on a dino.

Rockwell arena isn't hazardous (or so-called irradiated), so I recommend bringing a pair or two of flak/riot. You can't shoot on Reaper King, so don't bother on ammunitions... but bring a pump-action shotgun with at least 200%+ DMG in it and some shells. (around 200+)

I honestly recommend you do it with a decent drake wearing a decent armor saddle as you will be able to fire from the saddle of it. But if you are serious on bringing Reaper Kings over, I recommend getting decent health, 'specially for Alpha. You also need to worry about the Elemental Reaper Kings and enraged Nameless popping out at later parts of the battle (Yes, red-veined nameless, but they can't call Subeterranen Reaper King, and the Reaper Kings in arena are weak as heck, but without charge light, is still protected and will spawn in bulks.)

Archived