Ice Cave Strategy help

RipRavage

So I decided to run the Ice cave again and its been a while, did they change the spawn locations in the cave?  The second I entered the cave a level 250 polar bear jumped me before I could even stand up through the crawl space.  I don't remember creatures spawning in that first area of the cave but it was covered in them.  So I killed the polar bear and a few wolves and tried to grapple to the ceiling to take care of the 4 yetis that spawned right on the entrance, and somehow when I was hanging from the ceiling a purloiva managed to hit me and I got mashed by everything.  Did they increase the difficulty on this cave, because I never had that much trouble just getting into the actual cave.

I don't think I could even cheese the cave by sneaking in baby direbears because they spawn so close to the entrance.  Any tips on how to bust this cave short of wasting tons of shotgun ammo that I may lose to a freaking purloiva attack?

4 hours ago, erase said:

I'm quite sure the crowd of animals at the entrance is purely because of how often people do what this guy did^

Lead a huge crowd of dinos to the entrance to escape XD. As far as i know the closest spawn is actually nearer to the water, but I could be wrong.

I was playing single player and had done a dino wipe earlier, so these were the spawn points for these creatures I believe.

4 hours ago, Rintrahhh said:

The Yutyrannus is what I use for this cave. It's roar will make the purlovia pop out of the ground.

I play singleplayer though, so I don't know if you can build in there if you play official.

Can you leave creatures in the cave or will they still despawn when you get out of render range?

1 minute ago, RipRavage said:

Can you leave creatures in the cave or will they still despawn when you get out of render range?

I leave mine in there inside of a stone building I made for it just as you enter under the crouch way. I do check on it at least once a day to restock the feeding trough and run the cave if I want. I've read about the despawning issue but it hasn't for me.

I used 4 air conditioners to hatch it but it was still too cold so I set up 4 standing torches burning angler gel and that did the trick. It's very easy to power level the new yuti in there because of the high level angler fish and other things of course.

I also have a very good saddle on it, ascendant quality around 180 or so.

Also, it's a good idea to set up some metal spike fences around the structure and Dino gates to get in and out.

I think you just had bad luck, anyway you need to clear the first room in order to breed there properly.

The easiest and fastest way I have found so far to complete the cave is to breed Therizino inside. Ride one Theri and use 2-3 unridden and tell them to "move here" / "attack this target" to aggro the hidden purlovias which are the main problem, they will get you dismounted and killed.

My theris has 49 points in health after hatch, all the rest to dmg (600-700), some veggie cakes and around 100 armor saddle.

Archived