The Tek Rex Good or Bad

prodigy1202

2 hours ago, MrGerard said:

Ive only found a lvl 162, tamed out at 240. the 150 i tamed a week ago had better stats all round. Dont think the higher lvls effect the stats.

Level is literally the sum of the stats. More levels only means more potential though, it all comes down to distribution between stats, which comes down to luck.

So I play on a primitive plus unoffical pc server. I personally love the look of the tek rexes, however, having trouble breeding them... its seems as if the eggs are glitched and they wont incubate. In addition they stack like normal unfert eggs despite being clearly labeled fertilized tek rex egg... I guess I just call this up to another WC disappointment.

On 6/20/2018 at 6:22 PM, uaf said:

There are youtube videos with all the tek skins, most likely those will be added (excluding rex) : giga, raptor, trike, parasaur, stego, quetz and mosa.

Best guess most of these will be added but with colour variants then the default skin

Yeh, devs told the skins will be a bonus for preorder :Jerbfat:

i don't even believe that the current tek rex is worth getting at all it's far too weak the stat difference should have made a 180 tek rex far better than the 150 regular rex.

as the maximum level standard rex at 150 has stats that are in most cases higher than the tek rex with their maximum at 180.

for instance i have  breeding rexes at kibble tamed to max out from a 150 capture with (and one of my friends refuses to talk to me after i found them):

8800 Health

2100 stamina

600-700 oxygen

1800 carry weight

440 melee

and the max tek rexes i have found at 180 are actually lower than those, and i myself am only just starting to breed them with as yet no mutations.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Theflabmaster said:

I don't see all the hype is the tek rex. Yeah it spawns 180 but it will never get to the lvl of bread Rexes that are out now.Also i think they are ugly as hell they just took a rex and put a bionic skin on em. Hell all i gotta do is put a skin on a rex and boom, i got a tek rex.

I agree. Introducing tek variants of the already existing dinos just makes no sense. They literally just put a tek skin on a rex and bumped the max spawn level.

If I wanted a tek rex I would have just put a skin on my rexes. And now they roam in the wild? I don't wanna see tek dinos in the wild.

• 6 months later...

I tamed a 180 yesterday and the stats on it after tame are insane. 346% melee with 10k health. I had just started a a normal rex bloodline and this tek rex just makes it look bad. If they were going to make these rexes then they should of made them unbreedable. These tek rexes make normal rexes obsolete unless you already had a multi-generational bloodline going. I think it takes away from the challenge of the boss fights a little bit.

3 minutes ago, TMNTcowabunga said:

I tamed a 180 yesterday and the stats on it after tame are insane. 346% melee with 10k health. I had just started a a normal rex bloodline and this tek rex just makes it look bad. If they were going to make these rexes then they should of made them unbreedable. These tek rexes make normal rexes obsolete unless you already had a multi-generational bloodline going. I think it takes away from the challenge of the boss fights a little bit.

That was the literal point of these rexs... Plus you just bumped an old thread..

In my opinion, tek creatures are useless. They are just like those 2000$ Nike shoes. You dont need them, but its nice to have them. 

Also you have a creature with only 5% spawning chance and all you get is a skinned dino, that sometimes looks dumb, fe. the tek rex. Every other tek creature looks at least acceptable. It would be nice, if they have some special ability, so taming a creature that is only spawning with low chances is actually worth it. 

I mean it would be nice if some reskinned dinos spawn too, like the styracosaurus or the stygy. Not at higher levels or with low spawn chances, just a third of normal dinos spawn points get the reskinned dinos spawn points.

On 6/20/2018 at 11:12 PM, ehuhoser said:

Lets not forget about the breeding aspect.  For instance the level cap of dinos on official servers is 450 which means a 150 vs 180 tek breed army may mean an OG rex with longer breeding lines maybe be more powerful.  While a 180 rex may have less of a line before you can level it up to 450.  I'm more disappointed that they did not slightly change the skin up a bit to make it slightly more unique.  As well give us the fert tek egg that drops instead of just a normal unfert rex egg that drops.  Little details like that make it less of a copy of what visually we already have.

Now what I like about them for my standpoint is my unofficial servers I'm not stuck behind a 450 level cap which I can then breed them higher to take on bosses which I have difficulty cranked up as well.  

at a certain point it doesn't matter, you can breed out all the useless stats and only keep melee and hp, no stat can get above 255 so tek or not once it hits 450 and you have bred out everything thats not melee/hp meaning your stats for all others are at 0 - you would ultimately be focused on 255 points in dmg and the remaining 195 points in hp, which would make the rexes identical at full Cap.

Benefit of tek rexes is starting with an extra 30 lvls wild and an extra 15 potentially post tame you could get insane starter rolls lowering the amount of mutations required overall

Archived