pve Minnesota Aftermath(MNA) Connected Servers

xsnipuhx

What is Minnesota Aftermath(MNA)?

TLDR:

A place where players have a voice in 99% of what happens on the servers. Started as a server with the vision of a solo player can do whatever a tribe can do, but has evolved into much more now.

Long story:

Spoiler

MN Aftermath started about 4 months after ARK early access launch. Its name “Aftermath” is referencing where it picked up when the original server I player on closed down. Many of the players from that server then called this one home and has since, grown in size by quite a bit.

Everyone that has played on these servers have nothing but good things about MNA. I would like to say that is thanks to the open communication between the admins, the players, and myself. I believe we have only had to ban three people in total.

I also started giving the players a choice on what to happen to the servers utilizing polls in the discord and steam discussions and that soon became a core part of MNA. There have been very few decisions that have been made without consulting player approval first.

As a firm believer in FOSS, I start posting all of my server variables so people could see what variables were being used. That also leads me to NOT accepting donations. I did once; because the server needed a vital upgrade that at the time I could not afford. I’ve seen how donations wreck servers because donators feel they deserve special treatment.

We have been through a lot and learned a lot together: thousands of different players, different admins, hard drive failures and more. Which leads us to today…

I have recently become a father, and I now have higher priorities in my life other than gaming or ARK. I have put most of the ARK responsibilities in the hands of our very capable admin team. They can do everything that I do, and even have access to the server console itself. I am still reachable on steam, discord, email, and some admins even have my personal phone number in case of emergencies. Hell, sometimes I even come in, chat with everyone, and say hi to the new faces.

MNA Servers:

1. Ragnarok
  2. Hope
  3. Ebenus Astrum
  4. Placeholder, as I have not decided if there is a need for 4 servers yet.

Now to the important stuff, the server variables!

• PvE
  • Cross server chat with no mods!
  • Ark Shop that is cross server with no mods!
  • 5x tame
  • 3x harvest
  • 1x XP with custom levels
  • 300 levels and 15 ascension levels
  • Max wild dino lvl is 300 + more levels after tamed
  • Mating/baby settings are set so all babies can hit 100%
  • No BattlEye
  • Cluster(open transfers between servers)
  • Stats per level adjusted
  • Automated server restarts in early morning hours.
  • 99% uptime
  • No admin abuse, guaranteed. Even ask the players.

9 mods(10 if you play on Mods Map servers)

• Structures+
  • Platforms+
  • HG Stacking mod
  • MindWipe Re-evolved
  • Dino Tracker
  • Awesome Spyglass
  • Rare Sightings
  • Speed Saddles, with custom settings, so not overly OP
  • Reusable Tools, balanced by not being easily craftable
  • About 250mb in mods, not counting Volcano

Google Spreadsheet for all server variables and change logs: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wKTmODWo7vsdZ9pKT3iq3D_ncyeKY6MZW6oeI4MIyn4/edit#gid=7975464

Discord: https://discord.gg/ybqamYg

Steam Group: https://steamcommunity.com/groups/MNAftermath/

If you have any questions, please comment below and I'll get back to you.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived