Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MassiveIQ

Xbox one - can’t load game after last nights update

Once I begin to load the game i can see the ark aberration picture art for around 30 seconds and then the game black screens and send me back to the Xbox dash board. I’ve tried rebooting my Xbox one and most of the other standard stuff, any help would be appreciated 

I hit this same issue last week, the only solution was to uninstall and install the game and any DLCs that were having problems. 

In the future, here is a tip for users with slower internet so they don't ever have to download the entire game from scratch.   If you have an external hard drive attached to your Xbox, (If you don't, get one all you need is any HDD and put it in a USB 3.0 case) .  Then using Manage App - copy Ark and all of its DLCs to the external drive.  In the future if an update gets messed up, you can at least copy the non-updated version back to your internal drive and run the update again.  

As for WHY this happens, it goes back to how the developers 'package' their games and WildCard uses an older/poor method that is subject to data loss when files are directly updated and the Gaming OS side has an interruption as the FS protection/write features of Windows are not active for Games.  So even a Restart or a power disruption during the update can cause issues. Xbox ensures the content is downloaded correctly, but with the older update method WildCard uses, it can't check that the update was applied properly. It appears WildCard isn't even using a basic checksum to test files that are patched and updating copies, instead overwriting them directly. (If I'm wrong here, I welcome WildCard to correct this information.)

Hey guys, would be good to know some extra info so that we can investigate these crashes further:

1. What Xbox are you using?

2. Does the crash occur when you're launching the game, or when you're launching a map?

3. Are you experiencing this on Official Servers

4. Are you using the Primitive+ Game mode

5. If you're experiencing this in Single Player, could you try an Official Server

6. When did you notice the crash

7. Is your console using a different language?

1 hour ago, Jatheish said:

Hey guys, would be good to know some extra info so that we can investigate these crashes further:

1. What Xbox are you using?

2. Does the crash occur when you're launching the game, or when you're launching a map?

3. Are you experiencing this on Official Servers

4. Are you using the Primitive+ Game mode

5. If you're experiencing this in Single Player, could you try an Official Server

6. When did you notice the crash

7. Is your console using a different language?

1. Xbox One

2. Launching Map (all maps) 

3. Single Player and Unofficial. Didn't try official.

4. No

5. Currently reinstalling so not right now. 

6. After the circa 1.3gb update approx 24hrs ago and ever since. Also downloaded the Aberration DLC 24hrs prior to the update. 

7. No. English. 

Edit: I also spotted the inability to get past PrimalGameData_BP. 

1. Xbox One X

2. the crash will happen if i go to load a map or if i sit at the title screen for about 30 - 40 secs 

3. yes i am on Official 155 server 

4. No

5. as stated in 3 i am on Official 155. i have tired to go into single player and it still crashes 

6. i first noticed the crash right after this last update v744 was downloaded and done installing

7. i am using english 

additional info. when loading into a server or single player game  the game will not load past PrimalGameData_BP. In addition i have tried to move my game from my internal hard drive to my external hard drive and i get an error saying that something went wrong when trying to copy it to my external Hard drive don't know if that helps