New Boss Killers?

ProjectVi

3 minutes ago, Jacira said:

If you can transfer them into the bosses. Then every single boss rex anyone has ever raised and imprinted is now worthless.

It will be a long time before current Boss Rex's will be worthless. Tek Rex's are way way weaker currently. It will take an enormous amount of RNG and breeding to get them even close.

15 hours ago, Cinnamongod said:

It will be a long time before current Boss Rex's will be worthless. Tek Rex's are way way weaker currently. It will take an enormous amount of RNG and breeding to get them even close.

I personally know someone who has tamed one out with 500% base dmg.

So nope. It wont take that long for people to smash muts out on that. And that's just someone I know, I'm sure there is higher out there.

52 minutes ago, Rintrahhh said:

I've been killing dozens of Rex's in my singleplayer game to try and get a lvl 180 tek Rex to spawn. So far I've only seen a lvl 5 and lvl 60 tek Rex, lol. It's only been a day though so hopefully a couple will spawn some day.

Looks like your level scaling (difficulty) is off.

Tek rexes on official are set to a max level of 180 because their level increments are multiples of 6 (6,12,18, etc until 180 after 30 increments). This is the equivalent of the old difficulty 6. If the ones you find are multiples of 5 then you will not get a 180, but a maximum of 150. 

1 hour ago, Wazzamaniac said:

Tek rexes on official are set to a max level of 180 because their level increments are multiples of 6 (6,12,18, etc until 180 after 30 increments). This is the equivalent of the old difficulty 6. If the ones you find are multiples of 5 then you will not get a 180, but a maximum of 150. 

Ah, ok. I didn't realize that but it makes sense. I guess I figured the update would have changed my settings to accommodate the tek Rex lvl 180. I'll go in and change it myself, lol. Thank you.

5 hours ago, Wazzamaniac said:

Then how do we get the 180 tek rex?

Can the difficulty be set different depending on the dino?

8 hours ago, Wazzamaniac said:

Not necessary. I have 180 as the max wild level however max Tek rex is 208 (210 for 7)

However they do go by one over the servers max difficulty level but not exact

If your on official, and as rare as they are, I'd just continuously kill rexes until one spawns 150+. I've spent quite some time searching, killing for respawns, hoping to Rag and Center, etc, and I've only ever seen one that was like 84 or 86 I believe. I did think it was weird that it's level wasn't an an increment of 5 so I'm glad someone clarified why in the upper post. 

I'm assuming they share spawn points with other rexes so I'll continue to kill for respawns. Although the amount of time I've spent already to only find one doesn't make me optimistic to find a 150+ anytime soon lol 

10 hours ago, Wazzamaniac said:

Thats not entirely correct. Only for difficulty 5 servers (officials) Tek Rexes will come with level multiple of 6.

What game really does is it spawns Tek Rex at the server's difficulty level and then applies +20% on top of it. So if you have a server with difficulty 6 (max wild dino 180) and a wild 180 Tek Rex were to spawn, server would add 0.2*180=36 additional levels to it for a total of level 216 wild Tek Rex. Same happens when you try to summon them with commands. Not sure how rounding works in this case tho (probably rounds down from what i have seen).

As for forcing spawn/taming them: one way would be to kill everything on carnivorous island on The Island until Tek Rex spawns (hopefully high level), on SE i think there is a place in the desert where rexes constantly spawn - can be manipulated to spawn Tek Rexes as well.

50 minutes ago, DarthaNyan said:

Thats not entirely correct. Only for difficulty 5 servers (officials) Tek Rexes will come with level multiple of 6.

What game really does is it spawns Tek Rex at the server's difficulty level and then applies +20% on top of it. So if you have a server with difficulty 6 (max wild dino 180) and a wild 180 Tek Rex were to spawn, server would add 0.2*180=36 additional levels to it for a total of level 216 wild Tek Rex. Same happens when you try to summon them with commands. Not sure how rounding works in this case tho (probably rounds down from what i have seen).

As for forcing spawn/taming them: one way would be to kill everything on carnivorous island on The Island until Tek Rex spawns (hopefully high level), on SE i think there is a place in the desert where rexes constantly spawn - can be manipulated to spawn Tek Rexes as well.

Yep, our server is constantly farming that spot.

Essentially what I was trying to say is that if the tek rexes are spawning in levels in increments of 5 for that person then the maximum will not be 180.

On 6/16/2018 at 5:54 AM, Jacira said:

If you can transfer them into the bosses. Then every single boss rex anyone has ever raised and imprinted is now worthless.

If you cannot transfer them into the bosses. Then I fear they will be nothing more than a cool looking ornament to sit in your base.

Unless they can kill wild gigas and titans... Which I doubt.

They are not worthless. They are still just as effective as they ever were. Having the capability to get something better does not invalidate what you already have. You guys are so quick to jump to extremes and it is honestly kind of disturbing. It's just a game.

3 minutes ago, CyanicEmber said:

They are not worthless. They are still just as effective as they ever were. Having the capability to get something better does not invalidate what you already have. You guys are so quick to jump to extremes and it is honestly kind of disturbing. It's just a game.

This guy is right. 

Rexes have been more than capable of crushing bosses like 3 generations ago. Whether you do it in 15 less seconds is really trivial.

3 hours ago, CyanicEmber said:

You assuming we're jumping to extremes is the disturbing part. It's not about how quickly you kill the bosses and it's not about what we have now being invalidated. It's about the hundreds and even thousands of hours combined tribes spend on official servers getting muts to push stats higher and higher on normal rexes, only to have WC just release a new toy that does everything a normal rex can do, and more. And all you have to do is hunt down a good one and tame it.

And yes, it is just a game. And these are just forums. Where people post their opinions about things and debate about them. The fact that something so simple as a differing of opinion is enough to disturb you, well frankly disturbs me. Especially coming from someone who has obviously spent a lot of time here. You should be used to it by now if anything.

Tek Rex won't be better than normal Rex, because:

1. they share same base stats as normal Rex 

2. official servers have hard cap at 450 level (any dino with 450 or higher level is removed at server restart)

Current top official Rex have 85 points or more in HP and Melee. These lines were started around 55 +- points.           

Tek Rex have better chance for higher stats at start, BUT they have only 5% chance to spawn, so will be really hard to find high level Tek Rex and you also need to be lucky for good roll of stats.

Even if you manage to find high level Tek Rex and you will be lucky with good roll, you will probably end up on stat with 60+- points. That's 25 points (13 mutations) behind normal Rex. 

Some tribes are using like 400 clean females to get new mutations, GL finding/breeding these females with only 5% chance of spawn.

Also if they are just slightly higher level Rex's with bionic skins why in the name of raptor jesus were they named Tek Rex's? People call normal Rex's with Tek saddles on them Tek Rex's, so now I guess they are Tek saddle Rex's. Too similar and confusing. Should have been called Bionic Rex's. WC can't even name things properly.

Archived