A message to Wildcard

prodigy1202

35 minutes ago, GP said:

https://web.archive.org/web/20180618222519/https://store.steampowered.com/app/696680/ARK_Survival_Evolved_Season_Pass/

https://web.archive.org/web/20180625084009/https://store.steampowered.com/app/696680/ARK_Survival_Evolved_Season_Pass/

that's kinda funny, the store had the (updated) release date before they announced it?

even on june 5th? May 29th?

It's interesting how both links go to June 25th, no matter what you click at it

I mean, I gotta be completely crazy, right? (captured in REAL TIME on OBS, about 5 minutes before this post)

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Zederia said:

They announced Extinction was SUMMER 2018. what is smack dab in the middle of June? SUMMER

Ya? So what. Poop happens and you HAVE NO IDEA whats going on in the backend. Release dates get pushed back. It's QUITE COMMON for the development of games. Stop fracken whining. You're acting like they canceled the damn DLC. (edited for grammar)

Guest DJRone89
36 minutes ago, FractalShard said:

Ya? So what. Poop happens and you HAVE NO IDEA whats going on in the backend. Release dates get pushed back. It's QUITE COMMON for the development of games. Stop fracken whining. You're acting like they canceled the damn DLC. (edited for grammar)

People act like WC are the only ones who have ever delayed content, when some games have full releases pushed back by years. Like you said, this is common trait in the gaming industry, but because people have so much hate towards WC, they make out that this is an isolated issue.

7 hours ago, DJRone89 said:

Funny thing about complaints is that you can choose to ignore them, even when the customer has the perception that their voice matters.

Funnier still is when a growing number of people stop using and paying for your subpar at best products because you think you are too good to listen to criticism.

Guest DJRone89
6 minutes ago, ChargingParacerParacer said:

Funnier still is when a growing number of people stop using and paying for your subpar at best products because you think you are too good to listen to criticism.

I’m not in a disagreement with you just that not all complaints will be met with a plan of action. This stems far beyond the gaming industry.

15 hours ago, FractalShard said:

Hypothetical's are nice and and all but this isn't the case. People did buy it and people think they are entitled  to make decisions for a game they have put zero back end work into. You can suggest but you can never demand, you are not entitled to demanding features at any point of you buying a game (even though you only bought a licence from steam for ark). I saw a great quote. WC doesn't do changes for the money, WC doesn't do changes for it's fans, WC does whatever the hell it wants."

I’m not demanding anything. The fact of the matter is SWC could literally say “ok we’re done.” And just stop developing Ark entirely at the point that it’s at right now and as disappointed as I’d be I’d STILL play Ark. I enjoy it as a game, which is why I do, as you said, suggest. It is as I said in my previous post SWC has either learned their lesson from this or they haven’t. I’m willing to accept if they saw this message, thought “what a raptoro.” and continued with their business. I’m not going to rant on and on about how I’ll stop playing Ark if something doesn’t change, because I won’t. I’d say that that’s what makes this a suggestion. There’s no threat involved. It’s just me asking for change.

9 hours ago, DJRone89 said:

People act like WC are the only ones who have ever delayed content, when some games have full releases pushed back by years. Like you said, this is common trait in the gaming industry, but because people have so much hate towards WC, they make out that this is an isolated issue.

WC is the only one who will announce a date, and then silently push it back, and repeat this over and over. WC is the only dev I have seen that will half-finish content and call it done, WC is the only one who announces content to be coming very soon and never release it.. I can keep going, but I won't

1 hour ago, Zederia said:

WC is the only one who will announce a date, and then silently push it back, and repeat this over and over. WC is the only dev I have seen that will half-finish content and call it done, WC is the only one who announces content to be coming very soon and never release it.. I can keep going, but I won't

Then you haven't payed attention to many game developments. I think I've tacked down the issue your having. You simply making an argument of ignorance from inexperience. Let me break it down.

1 "WC is the only one who will announce a date, and then silently push it back" You don't need to be informed on why a company pushes back a date, it's none of your business. You payed for a license to play the game, doesn't mean that you're entitled to be in the loop. Plenty of game companies do this i.e the makers of read dead 2 is one (Rockstar).

2. "WC is the only dev I have seen that will half-finish content and call it done" EA need I say more?"

3. "WC is the only one who announces content to be coming very soon and never release it" I've never seen them do this, citation please, but again EA and Microsoft need I say more. 

(edited for grammar)

4 minutes ago, Jtmorris said:

Haha no, no its not. You learn in grade 1 that summer starts near the end of June and goes to September. So if it releases in September, it's still summer. 

Summer 2018

began Thursday, June 21 <NOT the end of June

ends Sunday, September 23

now, what was that you were saying..?

@FractalShard

1: EA does not just simply change a date on a page, they do announce it.

3: Primal Survival, Flier MK3/ini speed unlocking, TLC for other dinos...

16 hours ago, Zederia said:

Really? it's not how business works?

(Even though it is completely off topic, Here we go:)

I work for a grocer, let's just call them LFM (local food mart). I work at LFM as a utility clerk, I bag groceries, I restock the unwanted items back on the shelf, yadda yadda. So we have this customer, comes in buys chicken and a few other things, I put everything in the cart, they walk out the door. They come back in saying "I didn't get my chicken, I didn't get my onions. You screwed up!" I immediately called my manager (I'm low on the totem pole), and said Hey, manager, check the cameras. The manager watched me bag all the items, put them ALL in the cart, even commented on how I added a sales paper, and out she went. She complained loud enough the manager just said "Yea, go get what you're missing" knowing 100% SHE HAD EVERYTHING, and had it on video. Do you know why? Because the customer yelled loud enough, and got their way.

Also, to be on topic, they had a summer release date advertised, and a spring one before that, now it's a NOVEMBER date? Remember Aberration? October, November, December, December 12th.

Or that's a good example of trying to resolve conflict. If everyone else saw that and demanded an extra pack of chicken and onions - just because people demand it, doesn't mean it makes good business sense. If they wanted your grocer to also come and clean people's fridges that doesn't make sense. They should do what they do and do it well - regardless of the outspoken people. 

I think that you are mistaking customer service with marketing. In that case, yes, providing good customer services requires that you bend over backwards often - but not always. But this is very different from how a company markets their products. 

1 minute ago, Zederia said:

Summer 2018

@FractalShard

Exactly. I said near the end of June. June is not the middle of summer like you said. 

13 minutes ago, Zederia said:

Summer 2018

@FractalShard

Primal was dropped in favor of primitive plus. The flyer nerf can easily be modded around and, as such, isn't that high of a priority. I imagine the TLC has temporary stop order in favor of working on extinction. Onto the first bit, "WC is the only one who will announce a date, and then silently push it back" congratulations you just contradicted yourself. You know what i think? I think you're one of those people who thinks they are never wrong. You're posts as of late on this thread reflect this in stunning detail. (edited for grammar)

9 minutes ago, Jtmorris said:

Exactly. I said near the end of June. June is not the middle of summer like you said. 

no.. I said the summer was in the middle of June, not the other way around. also, from a business aspect summer begins June 1st, but that's something you don't learn till you grow up. here, let me quote myself, AGAIN:

"what is smack dab in the middle of June? SUMMER"

@FractalShard

P+ was developed by a MODDER, not inhouse like Primal was.

EA announces a pushback BEFORE the date hits, WC does it AFTERWARD

2 minutes ago, Zederia said:

no.. I said the summer was in the middle of June, not the other way around. also, from a business aspect summer begins June 1st, but that's something you don't learn till you grow up. here, let me quote myself, AGAIN:

"what is smack dab in the middle of June? SUMMER"

Hate to break it to you but the middle of June isn't the 21st. The 21st is actually one and a half days shy of 3/4th's of June. Math does not lie.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived