A message to Wildcard

prodigy1202

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/17/2018 at 8:43 PM, Jtmorris said:

Again - that is not how business works. Sure customers are important, but they also each want very different things. In business, "you do you" and if people like it, great. If they don't - see the door. Then you take care of those who want to be with you. If you cater to the whiny entitled bunch (ah! Don't advertise with a countdown! It hurts my feelings!) then any company would be too busy pandering to the people who have misplaced expectations, and would fail to do what they do best. 

Wildcard has the right to put a countdown to whatever the heck they want. If people take issue with that, they need to get over themselves. There are many worse things in the world they could be putting their energy into advocating for. 

Actually, it's exactly how this business works. Not sure where you went to learn about business.

As for expectations and the latest events. I think this latest Arkaeology event is great! They didn't NEED to do any event but they kinda threw it in there as a gift. The skins aren't really my thing but I love the Tek Rexes a lot and the fossile piles sometimes have awesome loot in them. I guess I'm just happy with any gift someone gives me. As for Extinction DLC sure I'm disappointed a little but I'd rather they take their time and get it right than rush it out.

Honestly people assuming things really isn't WIldcards fault. It was simply people over-hyping themselves over something they had no details on and then blaming Wildcard for their disappointment that is wholly their fault. Honestly if people just set their standards as "Pray for the best, expect the worst" people wouldn't be in the predicament they find themselves in with preconceived expectations. Food for thought.

On 6/15/2018 at 10:57 PM, prodigy1202 said:

Before I start let me just say a few things: usually I am the one to play Devil’s Advocate for a Wildcard against people who are on these forums to do literally nothing but blame SWC for their problems. Yes, I will be doing some of that here, but I also have to express this stuff to Wildcard:

It is really really hard for me to rationalize this! Look, I’m fine with the Arkaeology event. It’s cool, but you HAVE to understand that you completely and totally misled your fan base here. The only times you guys have had countdowns as far as I know was for the two previous DLC reveals, which basically sets the standard. You have also as far as I know never done a countdown for an Ark birthday event. Therefore we had no way of understanding of how high to set our expectations. The only hints you gave us with which to set our expectations were the silhouettes of the dinos in the picture. You should have known that people would immediately assume that this was some big update or some Extinction tease! These are the things that people wanted from this countdown. People made a reasonable assumption and were happy to be getting three new dinos! It’s your job to know this, and if you would just drop your god damn blinding pride for an hour and went on the forums and looked over the first page of each topic, maybe commenting on a thing or two instead of just letting your most die hard fans defend you (in many cases from people with very reasonable complaints) like meat shields YOU’D raptorING KNOW THAT. Look, your main problem here is that you didn’t listen to your fans. You guys literally have a topic pinned to the top of your game suggestions category in which you guys supposedly take creature suggestions. I’ve seen Brachiosaurus on that page many many times, but they weren’t asking for a SKIN. They were asking for a new Dino. I understand if you’re busy working in then Extinction DLC, but if you are then don’t waste resources letting down your fans. In case you can’t tell I’m mad. If there’s one thing you should take from this wildcard it’s that you need to be more active on the forums. These forums aren’t here for your fans to see what you post. They’re here for you to see what your fans want. That’s how good business is done.

If you read any forums of any game you'll see the same complaints. No one listens to us, blah, blah, blah. If you're disappointed it's your fault for setting some expectation based off your own personal beliefs. They promised you nothing with the countdown, you're anger is due to your own false expectations. Game is old, at this point you get what you get and you shouldn't expect much. Yea the event sucks, but now you know not to set false expectations.

On 6/17/2018 at 12:04 PM, prodigy1202 said:

Because we are the ones paying their salaries.

You have this notion that they owe you since you bought their product. This is simply not true, they don't owe you anything. You made the decision to buy it. does it give them money? Yes. Have you payed a single persons full monthly salary with your purchases? No. You can suggest but you can never demand, and people who are discontent with WC should realize that THEY OWE YOU NOTHING.

15 hours ago, FractalShard said:

You have this notion that they owe you since you bought their product. This is simply not true, they don't owe you anything. You made the decision to buy it. does it give them money? Yes. Have you payed a single persons full monthly salary with your purchases? No. You can suggest but you can never demand, and people who are discontent with WC should realize that THEY OWE YOU NOTHING.

You act as if I said “Because I pay their salaries.” I don’t, however the fact of the matter is if nobody bought Ark it would never have gotten this far. A company is nothing without people to support it. It is because of this that a company should listen to its consumers. All I was saying with this thread (which is pretty much moot now because at this point WC either learned their lesson or didn’t.) was that they made an error in communication and they shouldn’t repeat it.

On ‎6‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 2:32 PM, ChargingParacerParacer said:

Food for thought, but every 'hater' here is someone who used to be a fan that just grew tire of the numerous stupid decisions the company makes and grew tired of their desires being ignored. Customers don't keep paying for stuff they don't want.

True, but apparently they keep bitching about it in the forums tho...?

1 hour ago, prodigy1202 said:

You act as if I said “Because I pay their salaries.” I don’t, however the fact of the matter is if nobody bought Ark it would never have gotten this far. A company is nothing without people to support it. It is because of this that a company should listen to its consumers. All I was saying with this thread (which is pretty much moot now because at this point WC either learned their lesson or didn’t.) was that they made an error in communication and they shouldn’t repeat it.

Hypothetical's are nice and and all but this isn't the case. People did buy it and people think they are entitled  to make decisions for a game they have put zero back end work into. You can suggest but you can never demand, you are not entitled to demanding features at any point of you buying a game (even though you only bought a licence from steam for ark). I saw a great quote. WC doesn't do changes for the money, WC doesn't do changes for it's fans, WC does whatever the hell it wants."

5 hours ago, Kyd said:

True, but apparently they keep bitching about it in the forums tho...?

Being nice and patient has gotten unhappy customers  absolutely nowhere. You know what DOES make WC and other companies change? The complaints, enough people that demand something ge diferent that they actually cange before their ameture decisions start affecting profits too badly. I'll take complaining over not liking a product over complaining over people having different opinions and not wanting to join the ' OMG BEST GAME EVER 100 OUT OF 10!* circlejerk.

Guest DJRone89
1 hour ago, ChargingParacerParacer said:

Being nice and patient has gotten unhappy customers  absolutely nowhere. You know what DOES make WC and other companies change? The complaints, enough people that demand something ge diferent that they actually cange before their ameture decisions start affecting profits too badly. I'll take complaining over not liking a product over complaining over people having different opinions and not wanting to join the ' OMG BEST GAME EVER 100 OUT OF 10!* circlejerk.

Funny thing about complaints is that you can choose to ignore them, even when the customer has the perception that their voice matters.

On 6/17/2018 at 12:10 PM, MandaBear said:

The amount of sheer self entitlement on this thread is appalling. ?I'm done reading now. Nothing but a bunch of unappreciative people throwing fits for an event that was supposed to be a nice gift.

Note to devs:

Not everyone feels this way. Don't let the loud ones make you guys feel **** just because they are incapable of saying thank you over the work you have done. A lot of the community is, in fact, quite appreciative and looks forward to more events like this in the future. 

@Jatheish @Jen @Eli

here, let me help you. I think your mind is a little fuzzy:

This is from October 4th, 2017:

https://web.archive.org/web/20171004214933/https://store.steampowered.com/app/696680/

See how is says "SPRING 2018"?

https://web.archive.org/web/20170902232527/http://store.steampowered.com/app/696680/ARK_Survival_Evolved_Season_Pass/

september 2nd, announced before the name was revealed.

Some time after December the release said: "Ark Extinction arriving Summer 2018!"

they've earned everything they've gotten, and then still owed some more  (and just for good measure, look at the Aberration date)

On 6/26/2018 at 7:48 PM, FractalShard said:

Honestly people assuming things really isn't WIldcards fault. It was simply people over-hyping themselves over something they had no details on and then blaming Wildcard for their disappointment that is wholly their fault. Honestly if people just set their standards as "Pray for the best, expect the worst" people wouldn't be in the predicament they find themselves in with preconceived expectations. Food for thought.

They announced Extinction was SUMMER 2018. what is smack dab in the middle of June? SUMMER

Guest DJRone89
11 minutes ago, Zederia said:

They announced Extinction was SUMMER 2018. what is smack dab in the middle of June? SUMMER

No they didn’t. Steam announced it, not Wildcard.

On 6/17/2018 at 8:43 PM, Jtmorris said:

Again - that is not how business works. Sure customers are important, but they also each want very different things. In business, "you do you" and if people like it, great. If they don't - see the door. Then you take care of those who want to be with you. If you cater to the whiny entitled bunch (ah! Don't advertise with a countdown! It hurts my feelings!) then any company would be too busy pandering to the people who have misplaced expectations, and would fail to do what they do best. 

Wildcard has the right to put a countdown to whatever the heck they want. If people take issue with that, they need to get over themselves. There are many worse things in the world they could be putting their energy into advocating for. 

Really? it's not how business works?

(Even though it is completely off topic, Here we go:)

I work for a grocer, let's just call them LFM (local food mart). I work at LFM as a utility clerk, I bag groceries, I restock the unwanted items back on the shelf, yadda yadda. So we have this customer, comes in buys chicken and a few other things, I put everything in the cart, they walk out the door. They come back in saying "I didn't get my chicken, I didn't get my onions. You screwed up!" I immediately called my manager (I'm low on the totem pole), and said Hey, manager, check the cameras. The manager watched me bag all the items, put them ALL in the cart, even commented on how I added a sales paper, and out she went. She complained loud enough the manager just said "Yea, go get what you're missing" knowing 100% SHE HAD EVERYTHING, and had it on video. Do you know why? Because the customer yelled loud enough, and got their way.

Also, to be on topic, they had a summer release date advertised, and a spring one before that, now it's a NOVEMBER date? Remember Aberration? October, November, December, December 12th.

• Volunteer Moderator
17 minutes ago, Zederia said:

here, let me help you. I think your mind is a little fuzzy:

This is from October 4th, 2017:

https://web.archive.org/web/20171004214933/https://store.steampowered.com/app/696680/

See how is says "SPRING 2018"?

https://web.archive.org/web/20170902232527/http://store.steampowered.com/app/696680/ARK_Survival_Evolved_Season_Pass/

september 2nd, announced before the name was revealed.

Some time after December the release said: "Ark Extinction arriving Summer 2018!"

they've earned everything they've gotten, and then still owed some more  (and just for good measure, look at the Aberration date)

Absolutely wrong!

The Extinction date originally on Steam was posted as arriving Spring 2018.

In December 2017 the date on Steam was changed to arriving 2018.

It never changed to Summer on Steam.

Just now, DJRone89 said:

No they didn’t. Steam announced it, not Wildcard.

Because the steam page isn't set by wildcard? I think you're a bit clueless there. Why would steam announce something WC had no intent to announce? Furthermore, why would steam set a date, and change it silently over and over again?

If I announce a game, Steam does not dictate my store front, I do, they simply provide the platform for me to do so

2 hours ago, DJRone89 said:

Funny thing about complaints is that you can choose to ignore them, even when the customer has the perception that their voice matters.

Yeah... You could ignore them too but you continue to white knight and antagonize anyone who complains. Why don't you take your own advice and ignore the complaints instead of adding fuel to the fire all the time.

Just now, GP said:

Absolutely wrong!

The Extinction date originally on Steam was posted as arriving Spring 2018.

In December 2017 the date on Steam was changed to arriving 2018.

It never changed to Summer on Steam.

yes, it did, unfortunately, the internet archive doesn't have a backup proving that.. so the wiki has this:

• On the Steam page for the Season Pass, the first targeted release date was spring 2018 which was changed in December, 2017 to a general 2018 release date.

So.. I went digging, and I couldn't find anything that said summer, with actual picture proof, but I know what I saw on the steam store, you're welcome to call me a liar if you must, but I know what was there

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, Zederia said:

yes, it did, unfortunately, the internet archive doesn't have a backup proving that.. so the wiki has this:

• On the Steam page for the Season Pass, the first targeted release date was spring 2018 which was changed in December, 2017 to a general 2018 release date.

So.. I went digging, and I couldn't find anything that said summer, with actual picture proof, but I know what I saw on the steam store, you're welcome to call me a liar if you must, but I know what was there

Archive clearly shows 13th December it said Spring, and 14th December it said 2018. Ever since 14th Dec it has always said 2018 until the confirmed date was revealed. Never said said Summer 2018.

1 minute ago, GP said:

Archive clearly shows 13th December it said Spring, and 14th December it said 2018. Ever since 14th Dec it has always said 2018 until the confirmed date was revealed. Never said said Summer 2018.

Note

This calendar view maps the number of times XXXX was crawled by the Wayback Machine, not how many times the site was actually updated. More info in the FAQ.

The archive says it themselves, unfortunate there's no 2018 archives

Well regardless of exactly what said what I think we can all agree it is a bit late from what their original projections were like Zederia said. That being said I think the disappointed people have made their point. There's no sense beating a dead horse since it wont make the DLC get here any sooner but there's no reason to further antagonize or nit pick each other either.

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, Zederia said:

Note

This calendar view maps the number of times XXXX was crawled by the Wayback Machine, not how many times the site was actually updated. More info in the FAQ.

The archive says it themselves, unfortunate there's no 2018 archives

No 2018 archives? I mean come on it's all there for you to see!

Let me help you!

December 13th - Spring 2018 - https://web.archive.org/web/20171213084607/http://store.steampowered.com/app/696680/ARK_Survival_Evolved_Season_Pass/

December 14th - 2018 - https://web.archive.org/web/20171214095310/http://store.steampowered.com/app/696680/ARK_Survival_Evolved_Season_Pass/

2018 Archives - https://web.archive.org/web/*/http://store.steampowered.com/app/696680/ARK_Survival_Evolved_Season_Pass/

Archived