A message to Wildcard

prodigy1202

10 hours ago, prodigy1202 said:

There have been SO many cases where I have been the one defending Wildcard from people attacking them.

Yes! I too have defended WC in the past - or gave them the benefit of doubt.

When I played Eve Online and there was a problem I would just wait a couple days and the issue would be fixed. I very rarely ever had to ccntact support - and the 1 time I can remember, the dev very clearly explained to me the issues of using WiFi internet (packet loss) when playing a video game. I upgraded my internet. 

So I find it very confusing that WC could have so many issues with a game and not fix them - makes absolutely no sense to me. Slowly though I start to understand. 

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, ZyraSeedling said:

You know, if the real version of those 3 dinos are in the new DLC, then the skins are just to whet our appetite. After all, they would not want to give away all the new content on the other maps, it would make it so people didn't need to actually buy the DLC.

I’m basing my message off of what we know. What we know is that Wildcard has never added in a single real dinosaur in a DLC ever, and we don’t have any info on Extinction at all. That is how I’m basing my judgement.

2 minutes ago, prodigy1202 said:

I’m basing my message off of what we know. What we know is that Wildcard has never added in a single real dinosaur in a DLC ever, and we don’t have any info on Extinction at all. That is how I’m basing my judgement.

They have released plenty of new creatures with each DLC. Just because they were not "Dinosaurs" doesn't mean that creatures released with extinction won't be dinosaurs. Only time will tell. 

Maybe we will get a trailer on Tuesday. That is my hope anyway.

Hello,

I think it is funny, yes we all got chocked and yes we all love the game. Everyone wants the best but say the worst, sounds like love, commitment and feelings in general.

After playing Ark I know for sure how much Studio WC reads, listen, observes. Both inside the game and outside. And what ever they do people get chocked only difference this time all players got a real supriced face, including me.

In the future, I know for sure there is a road map set for the third and last dlc, what ever the name, since nothing is for sure in the future. Get it :)

Regards,

Ariana 

23 minutes ago, ArianaGaming said:

Hello,

I think it is funny, yes we all got chocked and yes we all love the game. Everyone wants the best but say the worst, sounds like love, commitment and feelings in general.

After playing Ark I know for sure how much Studio WC reads, listen, observes. Both inside the game and outside. And what ever they do people get chocked only difference this time all players got a real supriced face, including me.

In the future, I know for sure there is a road map set for the third and last dlc, what ever the name, since nothing is for sure in the future. Get it :)

Regards,

Ariana 

I don't know why perople were so shocked the countdown was to an event, not the DLC. It was stated in the website pretty clearly.

From community crunch 134, under the section labelled "Countdown!"

The countdown to our special event begins! You can watch the counter tick down at the top of the forums page. Survivors can look forward to some epic discoveries with new content and challenges, and we'll have even more exciting news coming in the middle of the month, so stay tuned! ;)

21 minutes ago, ZyraSeedling said:

I don't know why perople were so shocked the countdown was to an event, not the DLC. It was stated in the website pretty clearly.

From community crunch 134, under the section labelled "Countdown!"

The countdown to our special event begins! You can watch the counter tick down at the top of the forums page. Survivors can look forward to some epic discoveries with new content and challenges, and we'll have even more exciting news coming in the middle of the month, so stay tuned! ;)

Not sure you understand how few ark players read the community crunches. Also I don’t consider skins “New content.”

2 minutes ago, prodigy1202 said:

Not sure you understand how few ark players read the community crunches. Also I don’t consider skins “New content.”

When players are excited a countdown has been posted they might want to see what the devs actually said about it in the announcements section. That quote I posted was straight from the community crunch, had a pic of the countdown banner and clearly stated it was counting down to an "event" with exciting news to come later in the month. I don't read all the announcements and community crunches but I do read them when I want info on a new piece of the game that I find interesting. So for instence, the crunch I just spoke of and the Arkaeology post. I am not saying it is read by everyone, but I am saying that the Devs intentions were pretty clearly stated if people had followed up with a small bit of reading in the announcements section.

This is a classic example of what happens when you ass-u-me.  

You saw a counter, assumed too much, and your assumptions weren't met. Can a company not build excitement around anything but what you think is appropriate? Perhaps this, like others have mentioned, is the first teaser for the dlc, and they want to hype it up with a series of fun events? Why do you get to decide how they should build hype? 

The amount of sheer self entitlement on this thread is appalling. ?I'm done reading now. Nothing but a bunch of unappreciative people throwing fits for an event that was supposed to be a nice gift.

Note to devs:

Not everyone feels this way. Don't let the loud ones make you guys feel **** just because they are incapable of saying thank you over the work you have done. A lot of the community is, in fact, quite appreciative and looks forward to more events like this in the future. 

@Jatheish @Jen @Eli

On 6/16/2018 at 4:24 PM, prodigy1202 said:

I’m aware of the countdown, but all I’m saying is that once they’re finished with Extinction they need to start listening to what their fans better. I would have been fine with them doing this event but they shouldn’t have made such a big deal out of it.

I also know that there may be more hidden content in this update, but Wildcats can’t really DO that with the reputation that they have among the majority of their fan base. 

so true

and 15 days before

• Volunteer Moderator
6 hours ago, Jtmorris said:

This is a classic example of what happens when you ass-u-me.  

You saw a counter, assumed too much, and your assumptions weren't met. Can a company not build excitement around anything but what you think is appropriate? Perhaps this, like others have mentioned, is the first teaser for the dlc, and they want to hype it up with a series of fun events? Why do you get to decide how they should build hype? 

Mostly this. It's not exactly like Wildcard put up an in game message saying "hey go check out this whiz bang timer we have on our community hub!", they put up a timer then kept mum about what it's about. People let their imaginations run wild and built up expectations, and are now complaining that their expectations didn't line up with reality.

6 hours ago, MandaBear said:

The amount of sheer self entitlement on this thread is appalling. ?I'm done reading now. Nothing but a bunch of unappreciative people throwing fits for an event that was supposed to be a nice gift.

Note to devs:

Not everyone feels this way. Don't let the loud ones make you guys feel **** just because they are incapable of saying thank you over the work you have done. A lot of the community is, in fact, quite appreciative and looks forward to more events like this in the future. 

@Jatheish @Jen @Eli

How about you quit the “You guys are bullies” act. Literally all I did was give  constructive criticism. I did so because I love the game, and I see so much potential for it to improve. Although some people have a funny way of showing it, that’s the reason we’re all here.

@Jatheish @Jen @Eli

47 minutes ago, Jtmorris said:

Nah. That's just not how the world works. If you are the boss, then sure. Of not, well, then yer just being bossy. ;)

Nah, it’s how good business works; especially in the video game industry. Ever hear “the customer’s always right”? Well while “always” is certainly a strong word, the statement “the customer is right” is more often correct than it is wrong.

If people are upset that is their right, same if they are happy with the content. I agree that it was given a rather large welcome wagon considering what we got. Not to say the little bone piles arent fun, but it seems most people were excited to finally get new dinos in our dino game. Like i've said before the skins are not the same as the actual creatures. They are pretty yes, but it feels like we're dressing up the old critters and not having new ones, which is in fact, the case. Not new ones to see running in the wild, to mutate colors, etc.

I dont think species should be used as skins until they absolutely have no more ideas on how to utilize new animals, and if they are out of ideas already that is a little worrying...

31 minutes ago, prodigy1202 said:

Nah, it’s how good business works; especially in the video game industry. Ever hear “the customer’s always right”? Well while “always” is certainly a strong word, the statement “the customer is right” is more often correct than it is wrong.

Again - that is not how business works. Sure customers are important, but they also each want very different things. In business, "you do you" and if people like it, great. If they don't - see the door. Then you take care of those who want to be with you. If you cater to the whiny entitled bunch (ah! Don't advertise with a countdown! It hurts my feelings!) then any company would be too busy pandering to the people who have misplaced expectations, and would fail to do what they do best. 

Wildcard has the right to put a countdown to whatever the heck they want. If people take issue with that, they need to get over themselves. There are many worse things in the world they could be putting their energy into advocating for. 

2 hours ago, prodigy1202 said:

How about you quit the “You guys are bullies” act. Literally all I did was give  constructive criticism. I did so because I love the game, and I see so much potential for it to improve. Although some people have a funny way of showing it, that’s the reason we’re all here.

@Jatheish @Jen @Eli

And constructive feedback is useful. Unfortunately, that is not the norm in the comments. Just opinions and complaints. Many of us are very tired of WC's shenanigans and poor communication. However, they have greatly improved because of people's feedback - despite it's slow coming. 

It's mostly the fact how many people have seemed to take issue. I know the majority of comments I have read on twitter have not been pleased. If that many customers are not happy with something a business should at least take note and do things differently in the future. yes, if just a small handful were fussing then pay no mind. But I was rather surprised at the number of people posting in disappointment, its enough to take seriously at least.

On 6/17/2018 at 5:02 AM, ChargingParacerParacer said:

Food for thought, but every 'hater' here is someone who used to be a fan that just grew tire of the numerous stupid decisions the company makes and grew tired of their desires being ignored. Customers don't keep paying for stuff they don't want.

This is pretty much me

1 hour ago, Jtmorris said:

Again - that is not how business works. Sure customers are important, but they also each want very different things. In business, "you do you" and if people like it, great. If they don't - see the door. Then you take care of those who want to be with you. If you cater to the whiny entitled bunch (ah! Don't advertise with a countdown! It hurts my feelings!) then any company would be too busy pandering to the people who have misplaced expectations, and would fail to do what they do best. 

Wildcard has the right to put a countdown to whatever the heck they want. If people take issue with that, they need to get over themselves. There are many worse things in the world they could be putting their energy into advocating for. 

If it were a few “whiny” individuals I’d agree with you, however there is clearly a sizeable percentage of the Ark fan base that was disappointed with what was released at the end of the countdown mainly due to the fact that Wildcard didn’t advertise intelligently. I created this post in the hopes that Wildcard would see that: It’s not what they released that has people in a fuss, but how they released it.

edit: though I will definitely agree with you that Wildcard has gotten a lot of unwarranted hate. There are plenty of people on these forums that take time out of their days to make SWC’s day harder.

1 hour ago, Jtmorris said:

And constructive feedback is useful. Unfortunately, that is not the norm in the comments. Just opinions and complaints. Many of us are very tired of WC's shenanigans and poor communication. However, they have greatly improved because of people's feedback - despite it's slow coming. 

So where do you draw the line between constructive feedback and whining? Which would this thread fall under? (I gotta say personally I’d say a little of both because of how disappointed I was when I wrote it)

Archived