My thoughts on the Arkaeology Event

jsheerin98

Here are my thoughts on the Arkeaology event. It had a great concept with the fossil finding thing but It was still a typical ark event. What I would've changed if I were a member of Studio Wildcard, I would just add Stygimoloch, Styracosaurus & Brachiosaurus as new creatures to the game INSTEAD of as skins for the Bronto, Trike & Pachy. This was just a let down update and I'm really dissapointed with Studio Wildcard. I have nothing against them but I feel like for this they could've done better. That's just me, What are your thoughts?

I think, from what I feel and reading the complaints of alot of people, that if they had of just went ahead and made these creatures you could see in the wild instead of skins people would be satisfied.

For me they dont even need special skills, just having that variation wandering around to change things up is nice. As of now it kinda feels like instead of getting to say, 'this is my brachiasaurus', its 'this is my dressed up bronto'. Just my 2 cents.

21 minutes ago, Hosscat said:

... For me they dont even need special skills, just having that variation wandering around to change things up is nice ...

No, just reskinned creatures are boring as well and who the crap uses a Pachy these days? It is weak, slow (you can't control the charge) and even tranq arrows are better for knocking things out.

New servers, New DLC info. Hell even a countdown to announcing they're finishing the Great Migration and shutting down all legacy servers.

Any of these things would have been better than what we got. 

I applaud them for trying, and the skins are pretty cool. But certainly not worth a 18 day countdown for them. And as for the event "colours"... When a lot of the breeders have spent months and months finding natural whites and blacks to put on a line and sell. Now they just throw em all at us anyway. It pisses me off.

5 hours ago, Hosscat said:

I think, from what I feel and reading the complaints of alot of people, that if they had of just went ahead and made these creatures you could see in the wild instead of skins people would be satisfied.

For me they dont even need special skills, just having that variation wandering around to change things up is nice. As of now it kinda feels like instead of getting to say, 'this is my brachiasaurus', its 'this is my dressed up bronto'. Just my 2 cents.

I was thinking the same. Its a shame to see the new high detailed dino models only used as skins. The brachiosaurus skin for example looks so much better than the current bronto model, at least what I have seen on youtube as I havent played on xbox yet. Would have been nice to have had them added in to the game as new dinos even if they were bascically just reskins. I would be fine with that. I mean isnt that what they basically did with the tek rex, apart from the fact they can spawn higher than 150 ? All I wanted to do was run around taming up stygimolochs :(

• 3 months later...
On 6/16/2018 at 6:35 AM, Ryuk said:

I was pretty shocked when they implemented these 3 new dinos as skins instead of separate dinos... and then released a reskinned rex as its own separate dino... I still don't understand how they thought this was a good idea. 

For those servers that have "too many tamed...." they can still get use of the skin if they've the dino already?

I dunno.   I'd rather they fix the constant crashing.

For those servers that have "too many tamed...." they can still get use of the skin if they've the dino already?
I dunno.   I'd rather they fix the constant crashing.
I rather to expect the fix on official,after the next dlc release, over content for now, but i still want some change in the gameplay to make the game enjoyful omce again.

Archived