Announcing: ARKaeology Event!

Jen

I haven't played the even much but it seems like it could be a stepping stone to a new dlc or something else the problem is it took 15 days to get on the stepping stone  before realizing it was in quicksand and the stone was to small for your foot anyway get out of the quicksand release a few new dinos not just recycled rexes with a few stat boosts just maybe three to tie us over till the next release

2 hours ago, IanHighlander said:

Can't speak for single player as I don't play it but this happens on dedicated servers too every time there's a server restart, on servers at least if you upload the bones to an obi or transmitter they stay there on restart.

Got somw friends on official who say its working fine, not sure about unofficial as our server is on the centre but also seems single player may noy have the fossil piles with loot in them either, jist hoping we at least have the tek rex

39 minutes ago, VikingDao said:

Got somw friends on official who say its working fine

Until a server restart... at that point all bones stored anywhere other than uploaded will disappear. Lots of people reporting the same thing, the private cluster I play on these days does a daily restart, everyone lost all the bones they'd collected the first day because of this bug. We've since learned to upload any bones we have collected before the server restart as those are saved in the cluster file not the standard game save file then.

Once you make skins with the bones, they'll stay fine as normal, as do the Tek Rexes, this ONLY affects the bones picked up.

Edited by IanHighlander

So far, two annoying things. 

1. These colors are crap. Most are wild colors already that I can breed together  

2. I’ve found zero tek rexes on the island and it seems regular rex spawns are considerably lower IMO. 

Still disappointed that this countdown was for an event and not the release date for extinction too. But I’m afraid extinction is going to be too similar to aberration at this point, and those servers are completely... extinct

1 hour ago, BeastKing said:

i found a glitch with the event! i had 40 bones when i logged off and now there gone! i play single player so i know no one took them.

1. They're = they are
2. Not the first to comment that, if you put them in the obelisk they will not disappear.

Edited by KyrosLakiel
  • Facepalm 1

On 6/15/2018 at 4:35 PM, Eli said:

It will run automatically from 6/15 to 7/15

Mine isn't. I've tried whatever I can to get the event to run but it's all to no avail. I've scoured every map multiple times, still no fossil piles on any of them. Wildcard isn't necessarily being helpful, just telling me the same thing, that itll run automatically. -_-

10 minutes ago, GP said:

Lets not point out people's English mistakes please, particularly if you make a mistake when point out other's mistakes.

How about you answer the questions and concerns players have. Or keep quiet unless swearing is involved and downright bullying instead of some mild correction in a joking manner.

• Facepalm 3

I've been playing this game for a very long time now, and I have to say that I love this event. I feel like the build up was entirely appropriate because this means there's potential for so much more, without crashing the game! Slapping a skin on a dino is a metric poop ton better than adding in a whole new dino in my opinion because the maps already feel cramped as it is. Plus maybe this way, it'll reduce lag (especially on the center, where you have an underground dino fight club!). Sad to see I'm one of the few who are actually genuinely excited for this.

This event was a messup of epic proportion.

Nonsensical hype for a few skins. Specialized servers completely broken and their players raptored in the bottom.

WildCard we thought you got over all your thick head issues.... Want to save your reputation? Fire the people who thought of all this mess, or better yet, burn them alive.

7 hours ago, dodogal said:

This event was a messup of epic proportion.

Nonsensical hype for a few skins. Specialized servers completely broken and their players raptored in the bottom.

WildCard we thought you got over all your thick head issues.... Want to save your reputation? Fire the people who thought of all this mess, or better yet, burn them alive.

The hype is because they are using the event to announce a release date of the next DLC but the players are such entitled little brats they are all freaking out because the first countdown wasnt the release date.... but sure get mad at them for releasing a free surprise event... how dare they.