Announcing: ARKaeology Event!

Jen

I keep collecting bones and they keep disappearing. I have lost over 300 bones already 263 I lost while I was paused for 30 minutes trying to find out how to locate the recipe to make the skins. Then I lost 119 bones after trying to make the skins but for some reason my game wasn't creating them. So I saved and closed my game and restarted and they were all gone but all the extra items i collected with them were still in my inventory so it's not as if i lost the game play it's like they expired. What is up with this? They have a 30 day timer on them.

22 hours ago, TedyBearOfDeath said:

Well theres more to the event than that. The bone piles can have bps in them, they added new explorer notes hinting at the next dlc, they added the tek rex which could change the meta for a lot of things in the game if people grind for good stats. It all depends on how you look at it. 

You're right, one man's BS is another man's truth and vice versa .  I just get a headache from running across the map and scanning the floor for those dirt piles.  Haven't seen one single bp and there are no rexes on Abberation.   I don't read explorer notes either, I read up a synopsys online and thats more than enough of lore crap for me.   I'd like to go to the island though, to tame some new rexes, but server hopping is too risky for a one man tribe, with so many lost characters during transfer and zero support for character restoration from WC.

I'm just getting close to being fed up with the direction this game is taking in general I think and I feel many people share that sentiment.  Was hoping that this countdown would be something that'd kick start it into being enjoyable again but I'm not even looking forward to the new DLC without a proper failproof server transfer system.  

This game is all fun and smiles until the glitches and bugs start to cost you weeks of work if you add them all up...  I'd rather see them iron out their incredible mess instead of wasting their time on stupid pachy skins.  At the very least do a cool ravager, rock drake, argy or spino skin.  who the hell even uses a pachy?

Anyway, glad to hear at least a few people like it, for me it's just another push towards the exit.

20 hours ago, raiastarskimmer said:

soo this new update just wiped out all my experience i was a level 72 what the hell im starting at level 1, anyone else experence this! im gonna stop playing if thats rhe case, i was on a local on ps4. 

It happened to me but I had the points available to level back up to my level.

Tbh I feel the tek rex is not stronger at all and should of had some kind of unique taming mechanic like hacking it, or at least rocket launcher head shots like the titan. Yes it is a game but there is just no logic in tranquilizing a machine... Also instead of it just giving meat like a normal rex corpse I feel you should harvest metal and oil from it. My suggestion is to change the said Issues I've mentioned and make a pack of them enemy dinos in the tek cave. Rockwell could even summon one when his health gets real low. If you integrated it into the game INTELLIGENTLY and don't just throw them on the maps I think they could add a lot of character to boss fights and game progression. 1 spawning randomly at max level once in a while on random maps would be fun like it was sent to hunt you, but other wise I feel they could be used to give the game a lot more character and it would actually make something useful besides just those cryptic messages come out of this event.

P.s.

If Rex base hp is 1100, make the Tek Rex's 1500. And if the Rex's base attack is 62 make the Tek's 68-70. It will have a more obvious but not to extreme advantage. And make sure they can enter boss arenas.

17 hours ago, hardballer said:

You're right, one man's BS is another man's truth and vice versa .  I just get a headache from running across the map and scanning the floor for those dirt piles.  Haven't seen one single bp and there are no rexes on Abberation.   I don't read explorer notes either, I read up a synopsys online and thats more than enough of lore crap for me.   I'd like to go to the island though, to tame some new rexes, but server hopping is too risky for a one man tribe, with so many lost characters during transfer and zero support for character restoration from WC.

I'm just getting close to being fed up with the direction this game is taking in general I think and I feel many people share that sentiment.  Was hoping that this countdown would be something that'd kick start it into being enjoyable again but I'm not even looking forward to the new DLC without a proper failproof server transfer system.  

This game is all fun and smiles until the glitches and bugs start to cost you weeks of work if you add them all up...  I'd rather see them iron out their incredible mess instead of wasting their time on stupid pachy skins.  At the very least do a cool ravager, rock drake, argy or spino skin.  who the hell even uses a pachy?

Anyway, glad to hear at least a few people like it, for me it's just another push towards the exit.

They will never be able to make everyone happy. I'm just happy they are trying to do events like this to shake things up. It could be worse, they could do absolutely nothing at all. Also this update had bug fixes and optimizations like every single update they send out. It isnt like they decided "hey we want to make an event so we arent going to work on bugs at all". And although at smaller studios like WildCard Im sure many of the employees do multiple different things I kind of doubt the debug team is the same people as the graphic design people or what ever they are called? 

The transfer system isn't necessarily "broken". A large amount of lost characters are because of other players crashing the server on purpose. The Obelisk servers are seperate from the game servers, when a server goes down and rolls back the obelisk doesnt roll back with it. When you transfer your character into another server the first server saves your character is gone, but if the 2nd server crashes before the server saves(which is on a timer, 15 or 30 minutes I forget) it cant remember your character is there. The first server already saved that your character is gone so it cant be there and the second server crashing results in the last save loading which may not have your character there. There are other ways a character can be lost but that is the most common way. Other than better protection against attacks on the servers, which is much more complicated than it sounds, there isnt really much they can do.

Its kind of weird to see so many people complaining about free updates to the game that have no real negative effect on the game or its development.... but I guess if that what you want to choose to be upset about in life thats your choice. I've played over 2500 hours in this game since it came out on xbox, I've gotten my moneys worth. It doesnt matter if they killed the game tomorrow with some stupid update, my experience cant be taken away.

3 hours ago, TedyBearOfDeath said:

The transfer system isn't necessarily "broken". A large amount of lost characters are because of other players crashing the server on purpose. The Obelisk servers are seperate from the game servers, when a server goes down and rolls back the obelisk doesnt roll back with it. When you transfer your character into another server the first server saves your character is gone, but if the 2nd server crashes before the server saves(which is on a timer, 15 or 30 minutes I forget) it cant remember your character is there. The first server already saved that your character is gone so it cant be there and the second server crashing results in the last save loading which may not have your character there. There are other ways a character can be lost but that is the most common way. Other than better protection against attacks on the servers, which is much more complicated than it sounds, there isnt really much they can do.

You say it like it's our own fault if we lose our character during transfer and we should just suck it up the way it comes.  I say: fix huge issues like that before you do a 14 day countdown for ridiculous nonsense like this.   "life finds a way" and then you get 3 useless dino skins and a tek skin rex.  It's a poor puppy that loves a bone like this....  

• Volunteer Moderator
2 hours ago, FlickaDaRitz said:

Do we keep the skins in our inventory after the event? When I die and respawn the ones I crafted aren’t there.

No, just like other events that have skins in the past you can craft them during the event, however, if you lose the skin after the event then it is gone for good.

• Volunteer Moderator
7 hours ago, TheSacredknight said:

What the heck? I just spent several hours collecting bones to find them GONE when I got back on? Do they not stay in your inventory? Really? All that time for nothing?

There is currently a bug with them disappearing at server restarts. I would suggest, for now until it is fixed, that you try and upload them to either an obelisk or transmitter before you logoff when you know there will be a server restart before you log on again.

19 minutes ago, VikingDao said:

Loving the event and the way its building up things for evolution but one problem..... 

Can you please fix the fault on single player where any bones you collect disappear from your inventory, or your dinos, cooking pot or storage boxes everytime you log off? 

Can't speak for single player as I don't play it but this happens on dedicated servers too every time there's a server restart, on servers at least if you upload the bones to an obi or transmitter they stay there on restart.

4 hours ago, hardballer said:

You say it like it's our own fault if we lose our character during transfer and we should just suck it up the way it comes.  I say: fix huge issues like that before you do a 14 day countdown for ridiculous nonsense like this.   "life finds a way" and then you get 3 useless dino skins and a tek skin rex.  It's a poor puppy that loves a bone like this....  

Im not saying its the players own fault I'm saying its a lot more complicated than the chorus of ignorant cries of "omg this game has been out a long time fix this thing I don't understand, it cant be that hard". If you really think its that simple please educate me on how they could stop character loss in a way that they arent already trying.

The countdown was for more details on the next dlc also. They wanted to give people a chance to find the new explorer notes to hype it up a bit. "Life finds a way" is because the next dlc is on Earth after a global Extinction event and now we the players are going to go live there and find life has found a way.