Announcing: ARKaeology Event!

Jen

Very upset about this, but I am not going to let it ruin my day. The only thing that has been making me mad is that, now because of this update, Ark Will not run on my xbox anymore. The closest thing I get to actually playing is playing in survival evolved mode and maybe spawning in, but it is the closest thing I get to actually playing. Most of my builds are on primitive plus, but now I can't play it because the game keeps crashing. Is this happening to anyone else?

OK can someone clarify something for me, according to the ark website the steam Summer Sale runs until the 4th, but according to steam if you look directly on any of its content pages it says it only runs until the 21st, that makes a huge difference, more so then that if it is the 21st what sort of time frame are we looking at before the sale  ends, 21st falls literally on a payday, so if it ends on say...midnight on the night of the 20th local time i'm basically screwed, to further muddy the information i have had someone on steam tell me that it infact doesn't even end till the 5th, so i am so confused as to the actual time frame of this sale.

1 hour ago, Carpenterhound said:

I appreciate you looking into it and the response I've had my nitrado host restart our server and all is working well including the archaeology event and the new Tek Rex is spawning

Yeah Nitrado took a bit to get the update to their servers, but I am unsure if the event is working and I am not sure the easiest way of testing it.

9 hours ago, GP said:

That's still ongoing. Just last week I don't think there was one.

It doesn't matter that some weeks go by without a patch. 

The whole point of Tuesday patch days is to avoid patching at peak playing times - like Friday Saturday and Sunday.

Especially with patches like this, with a major-version number change that prevents clients connecting to servers until the numbers are back in sync again.

I thought WC had listened to people who requested no weekend updates, but, oh well ?

It's a tricky balancing act for those of us running servers.

This makes me want to play ark less.

TBH I think they want their game to fail at this point, Abberation had low sales figures, it was so bad it actually drove down average sales figures, Rag didn't help either, it's like the more they add the worse it gets (no duh, it's all just mega-tribe farming content/dinos where some weapons diversity would probably bring more players, ie a grenade launcher, a more powerful grenade, combat drones, rocket towers, giving megopicathus guns, or molotov cocktails) they are probably trying to wind the game down and save on server fees.

t sure seems they are doing all they can to kill their game.

Edited by Bleakwise
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, HawkeyeJones said:

Okay, everyone leave the devs alone. They already have enough problems on their sleeves. Developing is a very hard thing to do, and you can't go releasing massive updates, or even smaller ones all the time. Plus, what would we even do with the Brachiosaur, Styracosaur, and Stygimoloch? They would just be clones of the Trike, Bronto, and Pachy. I am just saying that there is no need to be disappointed.  It is a good event and I thank the Devs for taking their time and adding it to the game

Plenty of other companies develop their games just fine without the many many screw ups WC has had. There's zero excuse for their level of incompetence and people that paid them for content don't have to quietly put up with the nonsense.

Not going to lie, a 15 day countdown for skins and a tek rex is extremely disappointing. To top it off, we got a countdown for another countdown and once this countdown ends, another will begin for the release of the DLC. If the DLC is coming in July or early August, awesome, but it it's Sept-Nov I'm probably not going to be playing much more ARK.

12 hours ago, raiastarskimmer said:

soo this new update just wiped out all my experience i was a level 72 what the hell im starting at level 1, anyone else experence this! im gonna stop playing if thats rhe case, i was on a local on ps4. 

Yeah it happened to me.  Take advantage I did. I'm a 78 and was had no engram points Cuz I picked useless stuff and also chose an engram by accident.  So this time I have 125 engram points left instead of struggling for the next level

Edited by edikusprime562

12 hours ago, raiastarskimmer said:

soo this new update just wiped out all my experience i was a level 72 what the hell im starting at level 1, anyone else experence this! im gonna stop playing if thats rhe case, i was on a local on ps4. 

Yeah it happened to me.  Take advantage I did. I'm a 78 and was had no engram points Cuz I picked useless stuff and also chose an engram by accident.  So this time I have 125 engram points left instead of struggling for the next level

Edited by edikusprime562