Announcing: ARKaeology Event!

Jen

32 minutes ago, Dovakin said:

awsome! loving the event?

Are you being sarcastic or do you actually enjoy scouring the map for those small brown patches?  I just played for little over half an hour, to see if my initial disgust wasn't exaggerated and at least give it a chance, and the only things I got were 5 lousy bones and the beginning of a splitting headache.  This is not wasting peoples' time anymore, it's spitting in their face while you call them an idiot.

9 minutes ago, hardballer said:

Are you being sarcastic or do you actually enjoy scouring the map for those small brown patches?  I just played for little over half an hour, to see if my initial disgust wasn't exaggerated and at least give it a chance, and the only things I got were 5 lousy bones and the beginning of a splitting headache.  This is not wasting peoples' time anymore, it's spitting in their face while you call them an idiot.

Well theres more to the event than that. The bone piles can have bps in them, they added new explorer notes hinting at the next dlc, they added the tek rex which could change the meta for a lot of things in the game if people grind for good stats. It all depends on how you look at it.

6 minutes ago, TedyBearOfDeath said:

Well theres more to the event than that. The bone piles can have bps in them, they added new explorer notes hinting at the next dlc, they added the tek rex which could change the meta for a lot of things in the game if people grind for good stats. It all depends on how you look at it.

farming bps the old way is more reliable and efficient. and as i've understood, the no-lvl requirement to these fossil mounds will break beginner servers where people are capped at lvl 44, not having access to yellow/red beacon loot which would set them over the "hump". and rexes are stupid af. it wont affect megas though as they already have 60+ mutations on their line, hatching at 18k and 650dmg. 

you don''t understand how much it pisses me off that they re-skin dinos and call it new content. this tek rex is pathetic. bug fixes are worth more to your community than the poop you are spewing out of your mouth @wc. git gut nubz. roleplayers don't flourish on your official servers, that's why you're so out-of-tough from what people really want. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, eESTlane said:

farming bps the old way is more reliable and efficient. and as i've understood, the no-lvl requirement to these fossil mounds will break beginner servers where people are capped at lvl 44, not having access to yellow/red beacon loot which would set them over the "hump". and rexes are stupid af. it wont affect megas though as they already have 60+ mutations on their line, hatching at 18k and 650dmg. 

you don''t understand how much it pisses me off that they re-skin dinos and call it new content. this tek rex is pathetic. bug fixes are worth more to your community than the poop you are spewing out of your mouth @wc. git gut nubz. roleplayers don't flourish on your official servers, that's why you're so out-of-tough from what people really want. 

It doesnt need to be more more reliable its something that everyone can do not just high level players and well established tribes. Its not going to break begginer servers as they will never be anything more than a demo server anyway. 

No the rexes wont effect mega tribes but every update/event doesnt have to be about mega tribes or long term players, they have to make the newer players happy too. 

Why on earth would we want these dinos as new dinos that we would have to add to already over crowded kibble farms. And why would we want them taking up the spawns of more important dinos. We already have these dinos it would have been a huge waste of time and resources.

This update included bug fixes and optimization.

My fiance and I have been playing ark on Xbox since it came out...I cannot believe the utter disappointment we both feel towards Wildcard right now. Was there seriously no one at the studio that maybe suggested that the dramatic countdown was a bad idea when in the end you literally gave us nothing. Nothing! The new dino skins feel like laziness, should have just been actual new dinos, then we could say you gave us something...if Wildcard had just released the event like an event, without the count down, I don't think it would have backfired this badly. Way to seriously screw up and lose more fans than you already have. Wow.

• Like 1

Wildcard , spent so much hours in you're game and tbh u are killing it , for me since the flyer nerf except few things u're just disgusting a bit more all the players every patch.

This game could be soo insane but u will never decide to make OPTIMIZATIONS and CORRECT BUGS before trying adding new contents or some poop .. jesus 2k18 and i still see this quetzal platform getting lagged and new bugs come out also like we didn't had enough aand u dare ask people 60$ for this hopefully i've buy it since pre access veryyy early so i wasn't 'fist raptored' but please dudes u could do it a super nice videogame try to listen to the community , give better compensations when ticket due to bugs coming from URE GAME when they are screenshots/clues and try to focus , even one big patchnote for every bugs/lags only and try to make it fun again to play .. in this event i only see tek rex let's see what it makes in game but old ones were much better like turkey trial / winter wonderland etc , u should devs wake up before everyone tilts and u kill ARK ! so much other examples than what i've said previously but i don't wanna write a book rn ; sent many things to the support/devs but was never answered except for a cancerous map bug on ragnarok that was patched (Uff :) ) so 

Will we try make ARK great again ? !

Okay, everyone leave the devs alone. They already have enough problems on their sleeves. Developing is a very hard thing to do, and you can't go releasing massive updates, or even smaller ones all the time. Plus, what would we even do with the Brachiosaur, Styracosaur, and Stygimoloch? They would just be clones of the Trike, Bronto, and Pachy. I am just saying that there is no need to be disappointed.  It is a good event and I thank the Devs for taking their time and adding it to the game

• Facepalm 1

I adore Stygimolochs and having them as an actual dino in the game would have been such a wonderful thing. Instead we get a skin. I must admit, I am not jumping for joy over a skin I can shove my Pachys into like an overbearing mother forcing her crying kids into an itchy christmas sweater for the family photo. It ruins the game immersion for me.

If it is a server issue, why not replace half the pachys with Stygimolochs during the event? 

I love this game and the devs but this is just such a weird choice. They must have known people would be dissapointed to get skins rather than actual dinos, yes? Maybe these new dinos will be "real" in the next DLC?

Edited by UnluckyRose24

• Volunteer Moderator
35 minutes ago, ZRISTWI10 said:

Seriously? RIP ARK

Hardly. I mean this time last week there were 48,000 playing on Steam, and now since this new event there are over 60,000 playing on Steam. People say the devs are killing their own game with these over-hyped announcements, but if killing a game means the player base jumping by 12,000+ then good on them!

So you done f-ed up Wildcard.  Skins are fun, the event in and of itself isn't that bad, but the 15 day countdown, well that hasn't really gone over well, too much hype not enough content.

Why not make it so that the three skins have a 10-20% to spawn in the wild whenever their corresponding dino spawns, like the tekrex, that way they feel like they are "real" new dinos rather than just skins.  And make that permanent, not just for this event.  You could always go back and make them a little more unique in a future TLC pass.  Might make for some good damage control.

17 hours ago, HectorHellious said:

I asked this but no response yet also ps4 hasnt gotten their update yet so as usual Ark is letting me down and we are having are event time cut because we dont have the update

I appreciate you looking into it and the response I've had my nitrado host restart our server and all is working well including the archaeology event and the new Tek Rex is spawning