Announcing: ARKaeology Event!

Jen

@dodogal The point of beginner servers is to provide a safer place to learn the game before playing on a real server. If you have reached level cap its probably time to move on. Loot drops with level requirements higher than the level cap are there on purpose to entice players to move on. Beginner servers are not supposed to be your permanent home.

10 minutes ago, TedyBearOfDeath said:

@dodogal The point of beginner servers is to provide a safer place to learn the game before playing on a real server. If you have reached level cap its probably time to move on. Loot drops with level requirements higher than the level cap are there on purpose to entice players to move on. Beginner servers are not supposed to be your permanent home.

You have no clue what you're talking about and are just spouting nonsense .

This is clearly a major f***up by the devs.

Edited by dodogal
  • Like 1

I have to say that I am quiet disappointed with this update. The least you could have done for the community was add new dinos instead of something as basic as skins. Really? I thought you guys were just starting to gain back everyone that had previously lost interest in Ark by adding the 6 player tribe servers, but then you do something like this and it takes an even bigger toll on the community. Why the big countdown to get everyone hyped for just a few skins and such? We wanted new dinos and the new map! That is what we want. Will you folks just take a moment to actually read what people have to say and maybe even take a look at YouTube? I watched two channels quit Ark today because of what you have just done. Please listen to the community if you want Ark to even continue to thrive.                       

--------Please we just want Ark to be fun again---------

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, dodogal said:

You have no clue what you're talking about and are just spouting nonsense .

This is clearly a major f***up by the devs.

"Tomorrow, May 8th at approximately 10 am PST we will be launching a new set of servers called Beginner servers! Beginner Official Servers are an experience for new ARK players to test the waters without the threat of thoroughly developed tribes. "

"Once established on a beginner server survivors can choose to exit into the rest of the official server network by uploading their character and moving to another server for the full ARK experience. Downloads of any kind are permanently disabled on Beginner servers so once you upload your character and leave the server you can't come back."

These are from the article they used to announce the beginner servers, I highlighted some of the key parts. Beginner servers are not the full Ark experience, they are basically a demo. You have low quality loot, low quality dinos, and low level characters.

Maybe you are confusing beginner servers with fresh servers?

Source

Edited by TedyBearOfDeath

14 minutes ago, WeedyKitty said:

I have to say that I am quiet disappointed with this update. The least you could have done for the community was add new dinos instead of something as basic as skins. Really? I thought you guys were just starting to gain back everyone that had previously lost interest in Ark by adding the 6 player tribe servers, but then you do something like this and it takes an even bigger toll on the community. Why the big countdown to get everyone hyped for just a few skins and such? We wanted new dinos and the new map! That is what we want. Will you folks just take a moment to actually read what people have to say and maybe even take a look at YouTube? I watched two channels quit Ark today because of what you have just done. Please listen to the community if you want Ark to even continue to thrive.                       

--------Please we just want Ark to be fun again---------

Theres a new timer if you didnt notice and they said 2 hours ago at the end of the next timer they will announce the dlc release date.

Omg!! A tekrex! I can't wait to...... ohhhhhhhh I paid extra money so I could play on abberation... how disappointing. And the other servers are alrdy near tame limit so alphas will get 50 tekrexes each and now nobody else will get ANY tames. Fantastic times . So glad i can immerse myself and forget about stress for a while.

• Like 1

Popping in to point out that archaeology doesn't involve dinosaurs in any way, that's paleontology. Though there is a slight overlap in these two fields, generally when looking at megafauna that existed at the same time as humans. Archaeology is the study of humans through time and space via their material remains.  Yes, I get that it's an attempt at a clever play on words.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, DarkRaptor13 said:

Just saw people complaining that it's skins and not fully new creatures. That's sad because creating skins is great ! If they make more skins of this kind we could have more wanted creatures (Carcharodontosaurus, tarbosaurus, pterodactyl, kronosaurus...)!! 

Well done WC, keep working like this and forget those complaining guys, they'd ask for 36 tyrannosauroid as  fully new creatures if they can, when it's basically the same creature with a different shape at the end... 

New creatures as skins is a very good idea, look at all the potential skins for sarco, rex, raptors and more ! go deinosuchus, deinonychus and tarbosaurus ! 

Yeah it's good and all but don't release the update on a fecking 2x weekend I'd thought wildcard had finally got though there thick heads updates should only and I mean ONLY been done during the week Tuesday-Thursday 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RaulCaribe said:

I was actually just hoping they would fix Primitive plus.   I play on on PC and Mostly on PS4 and its a mess. on PC I can run oco mods and make my own primitive decorations. but on ps4 we are stuck with no mods and a broken game. please fix it is all I want. 

I have been bugging hard about this but right now i just want my nitrado server to work

Prim plus is even more broken after this update. Advanced work benches are broken again and giving metal items away. Argies are not able to pick up doeds or ankys and don't have work bench function. No event skin BPs in cookers. No Tek Rex's. Beeswax is messed up again. I'm too tired to continue on, but try and TEST your updates before blindly sending them out. I'm so done with this game. PRIM+ and all of its users are ignored for months on end and this is the raptoring treatment we get.