Announcing: ARKaeology Event!

Jen

Unbelievable that you would do a 15 day buildup timer for some stupid poop like this.  Its like you love when your fans hate you because we cant do anything about your idiotic decisions.  You dont add any dinos, you dont even tease a new expansion, yet you put some big 15 day countdown on your main page of the website like somthing interesting is happening? How raptoring disappointing.  Nobody gives a single poop about skins.

A countdown for skins? Seriously? Who the hell makes these decisions and who gives it the thumbs up? 

You gave us Scorched Earth DLC when the game wasn't even completed which should have been warning signs there.

The game is dying and losing more players every day, and this was your revival? 

Rip Ark and personally...about time

We wish Wildcard had the same integrity as other companies, surely it's not rocket science to listen to your dedicated players, but you have the money now so I doubt yous care

24 minutes ago, RenobandStit said:

Well I am bummed out that we dont get new dinos but I am still excited to play ark some more.  Happy three years of Ark Wildcard!  You all have come a long way from what it used to be.  Ignore the haters and keep plugging away!

Yeah ignore the people who gave you money for a game and code that doesn"t work

Well let me be the one billionth customer!! 

To ask about this event and private servers...  Do I get a prize?!?!?!?

Nitrado hosted private PS4 server? Any info about enabling this?

Also why don't they just make things like this clear? Truly, I probably am the billionth person to ask today...

Thanks for sharing, if anyone has any info!

• Wildcard Community
1 minute ago, Lott0523 said:

Well let me be the one billionth customer!! 

To ask about this event and private servers...  Do I get a prize?!?!?!?

Nitrado hosted private PS4 server? Any info about enabling this?

Also why don't they just make things like this clear? Truly, I probably am the billionth person to ask today...

Thanks for sharing, if anyone has any info!

5 minutes ago, HectorHellious said:

I asked this but no response yet also ps4 hasnt gotten their update yet so as usual Ark is letting me down and we are having are event time cut because we dont have the update

PS4 is currently undergoing certification.

Just saw people complaining that it's skins and not fully new creatures. That's sad because creating skins is great ! If they make more skins of this kind we could have more wanted creatures (Carcharodontosaurus, tarbosaurus, pterodactyl, kronosaurus...)!! 

Well done WC, keep working like this and forget those complaining guys, they'd ask for 36 tyrannosauroid as  fully new creatures if they can, when it's basically the same creature with a different shape at the end... 

New creatures as skins is a very good idea, look at all the potential skins for sarco, rex, raptors and more ! go deinosuchus, deinonychus and tarbosaurus ! 

• Thanks 1

If i wasn't already so emotionally beaten down from playing on official servers for years now, I would cry.

Needless to say Wilcard actually surprised me, I was not expecting something this pathetic at all. I assumed it would be the final dlc, or possibly 3x rates across all servers.

rip

Edited by neffspan

Just now, DarkRaptor13 said:

Just saw people complaining that it's skins and not fully new creatures. That's sad because creating skins is great ! If they make more skins of this kind we could have more wanted creatures (Carcharodontosaurus, tarbosaurus, pterodactyl, kronosaurus...)!! 

Well done WC, keep working like this and forget those complaining guys, they'd ask for 36 tyrannosauroid as  fully new creatures if they can, when it's basically the same creature with a different shape at the end... 

New creatures as skins is a very good idea, look at all the potential skins for sarco, rex, raptors and more ! go deinosuchus, deinonychus and tarbosaurus ! 

I like you already my dude

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I literally made this account to express my disappointment with this update. I'm sure this will be a fun event to a select few, but it seems the majority of fans (including me) believed the new dinos to be just that: new dinos. (Especially with such a long timer.) Unfortunately, I, and many others ran this countdown for over a week on our computer and dealt with the website crash thereafter to only discover that we in fact waited so long for some admittedly high quality skins and a lackluster event. And that pains me more than anything, as the simple fact that these models look so beautiful and unique makes me quite sad seeing their potential wasted as skins. This feels rushed, and this feels corporate. You used to be an open, creative, and fun team. I just hope you still can be.

EDIT: Turns out I can't even play with my friends like I have been all week. Since we all play on Xbox, and our server runs on Windows 10, we can't run it at all since the update won't release. Kind of adding salt to the wound, for my personal case.

Edited by Bradenoid
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, VortexReapz said:

I like you already my dude

4 minutes ago, DarkRaptor13 said:

I agree, I want more skins and custom stuff. (love adding more personality to my games) but I am highly disappointed that all this build up was for skins and nothing much else. I was hoping for Ragnarok to be finished with Prim+ Fixes and Structure+ added and lastly hints to either extinction or a new map like DragonPunk.

P.s. add steampunk items to prim+

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bradenoid said:

I literally made this account to express my disappointment with this update. I'm sure this will be a fun event to a select few, but it seems the majority of fans (including me) believed the new dinos to be just that: new dinos. (Especially with such a long timer.) Unfortunately, I, and many others ran this countdown for over a week on our computer and dealt with the website crash thereafter to only discover that we in fact waited so long for some admittedly high quality skins and a lackluster event. And that pains me more than anything, as the simple fact that these models look so beautiful and unique makes me quite sad seeing their potential wasted as skins. This feels rushed, and this feels corporate. You used to be an open, creative, and fun team. I just hope you still can be.

The countdown was maybe a mistake. Or they use it to see on the forums what we were expecting the much ? 

By the way, I think that those skins are a big thing as it opens a new way of doing things: If you take a look at the forums, soooooo much species are expected. But, like those 3, they look like already in-game creatures. Now they've started adding new species as skins, they open the door for so much cool things ! Carcharodontosaurus (giga skin), Tarbosaurus (rex skin), Deinonychus (raptor skin, full feathered this time ?) and all the different relatives to sarco, mosa, parasaur, pteranodon... The potential is huge. And the time they saved doing skins instead of creatures, they could use it to work on new tlc, maybe pachy and bronto by the way ? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, DarkRaptor13 said:

The countdown was maybe a mistake. Or they use it to see on the forums what we were expecting the much ? 

By the way, I think that those skins are a big thing as it opens a new way of doing things: If you take a look at the forums, soooooo much species are expected. But, like those 3, they look like already in-game creatures. Now they've started adding new species as skins, they open the door for so much cool things ! Carcharodontosaurus (giga skin), Tarbosaurus (rex skin), Deinonychus (raptor skin, full feathered this time ?) and all the different relatives to sarco, mosa, parasaur, pteranodon... The potential is huge. And the time they saved doing skins instead of creatures, they could use it to work on new tlc, maybe pachy and bronto by the way ? 

He is right and i love the idea, just disappointed by the build up for not much

• Thanks 1

Wildcard i have been here for you sense toward the beginning. I bought the game way in early access when you were releasing dinos like every week. It was crazy and had me excited, you guys clearly loved your game. I literally melted my graphics card forcing my garbage 5 year old(back then) computer to run it despite it's protests. I then went to playing it on a friends computer while i waited to replace mine. I got impatient, bought a whole Xbox 1 instead from a friend for real cheap and bought the game for the system. I fell in love even back then when it was super simple. Then scorched earth dropped and i was beyond ecstatic, it looked amazing in the trailers and i had been hyped for the whole wait time. I checked the forums and it was people hating on it for being early access paid dlc. But hey, you guys worked hard on it, it added so much, i thought it was fine, i defended you back then too. But its been getting harder and harder. Aberation was AMAZING and definitely  refreshed the game in my eyes, allowing me many more hours of enjoyment. When i saw the 15 day countdown i immediately became so excited, but 15 days, 15 days of waiting and speculating to have a handful of skins and some in game stuff pop around? who ever thought to do this may need a stern talking to. I feel betrayed by a company i stood up for as others threw rocks at it. After teasing a new map on the world below the arks at the end of Aberation, waiting months, then putting a countdown, just to release a handful of skins and some item caches  how could you expect this to go over well? My only comfort i can draw from this is at least it is free. I sure hope the next DLC is worth the wait and dragging your fans through the mud, shaking more and more off your bandwagon with each blunder.

• Thanks 1