story Question about the Story (notes) of Aberration

Globy

So, I recently read the notes from Aberration after founding them all.
And, as English isn't my native language, I'm not sure about all translations I made.

So my question is :
      -     Who took the portal ? (to earth ?)

From my understanding there is :

-     Helena

-     Santiago

-     Mei-Yin Li

-     Diana (?)

Another question :
     -     Do Diana start on Aberration ?

Shouldn't we ascend to Aberration ?

As for the people who went through you got that right, however I am pretty sure Diana died I think cuz I remember Mei being upset and staring at the necklace Diana gave her like she was gone. So everyone in your list but Diana in that case.

Diana, Santiago, along with the rest of their group started on Aberration. Mei-Yin, Helena, and Rockwell arrived later but Mei arrived before the other two cuz she skipped Scorched Earth.

Scorched Earth is the next "test" in line for us since we start on the Island, then we proceed to Aberration.

So since Diana and her group tried to escape their Ark and ended up setting off a bomb and destroying part of it, which caused the surface to become death and them being forced underground, they ended up rigging up their own teleportation system because they had ALOT of scientist types with them and understood TEK better than most. They figured out they were on the station and decided they wanted to return to Earth and realized there was a signal on Earth that they could lock their teleport signal onto and re-wired the "ascension" process to send us to Earth instead of the next Ark in line (whatever that may have been).

So we should actually ascend to another Ark but because of the work Diana and crew did we instead Ascend to Earth way earlier than we are supposed to. 

Diana has been saved by Mei (his dragon sacrifice so they can escape (didn't remember the 3rd one, he's the one that was "infected" by the queen reaper)), so she should ascend with the team too.

Did Diana and Santiago started in The Island ? Or directly at Aberration ? Shouldn't we need to ascend to acces Aberration ? (by "we" I mean humans)

Other question, was there a boss (like the system with the Overseer) on aberration before the explosion ?

Do all human start on a The Island's like and then ascend to an harder and harder ?

5 minutes ago, Globy said:

Did Diana and Santiago started in The Island ? Or directly at Aberration ? Shouldn't we need to ascend to acces Aberration ? (by "we" I mean humans)

As far as we can tell and with what info we are given they did start on Aberration, however it wasn't always the way it is now. With the creatures living on AB we can assume that their Ark used to be another Island like the one we started on.

8 minutes ago, Globy said:

Other question, was there a boss (like the system with the Overseer) on aberration before the explosion ?

Yes, before they set off the bomb there was guardians and an Overseer, see they actually hacked the obelisks to teleport them straight to the control room and bypassed having to fight the guardians (probably Broodmother, Kong, and the Dragon) and that actually made the Overseer quite angry. So when they showed up trying to demand it send them back to Earth it started trying extra hard to kill them and they ended up setting off that bomb destroying the Overseer and throwing the Arks systems into chaos. That led to the Radiation shielding around the ark becoming weaker than would be necessary to fully resist the radiation from space/sun, which is what makes the surface light on fire during the day and forced them and the creatures underground. Then with only basic systems available the Ark adapted the creatures living there to fit their new environment. Rockwell then took over the Ark after his fight with Helena and Mei when he got pushed into the abyss that they thought killed him, so he became both the guardian and the Overseer and thats why we have to kill him to "ascend" 

13 minutes ago, Globy said:

Do all human start on a The Island's like and then ascend to an harder and harder ?

I don't think so, because on Scorched Earth Raia and the others act like they have been their since they could remember but she did make it sound like some people did occasionally teleport there like Helena and Rockwell did. However I do believe that you are supposed to ascend to higher and higher difficulties because it is all supposed to be a test of our skills to survive.

I think the last vestiges of Homo Deus set up these test to see if Homo Sapiens(normal humans like us) could once again evolve to be like them to save their dying species orrrr that our survivors are somehow Homo Deus and the tests are to make them evolve further to save their species that way. I am more inclined to the first one since for some reason these people have memories they shouldnt have when they are obviously all clones, which is something I hope gets explained because they didn't get teleported through time so how did they clone memories of people that were dead for hundreds or thousands of years.

8 minutes ago, Quail said:

Diana was killed by Rockwell.

How yeah I forgot that note :

We raced to find Diana, but by the time we arrived, there was nothing we could do. She died of her wounds in Mei Yin's arms, somehow still smiling. However, before she passed, she was able to tell us the identity of the monster that had done this

8 minutes ago, UDGxKnight said:

the last vestiges of Homo Deus set up these test to see if Homo Sapiens(normal humans like us) could once again evolve to be like them to save their dying species orrrr that our survivors are somehow Homo Deus and the tests are to make them evolve further to save their species that way. I am more inclined to the first one since for some reason these people have memories they shouldnt have when they are obviously all clones, which is something I hope gets explained because they didn't get teleported through time so how did they clone memories of people that were dead for hundreds or thousands of years.

I more agree about the theory (I didn't remember who explained it) who think that :

Homo Deus became like gods, they could recreate anything they like, as dino or clone, etc..
They created a monster which reverse against them.

They escape to Space where the monster couldn't follow them.
They created Arks to find 
Homo Sapiens which will be able to reconquer the Earth. The Overseers and Bosses are a way to find the best Homo Sapiens.

But. meh.. I think we'll learn a lot more with the next DLC, which (I hope) come in 3 hours (or at least a trailer ^^)

32 minutes ago, Globy said:

So, I recently read the notes from Aberration after founding them all.
And, as English isn't my native language, I'm not sure about all translations I made.

So my question is :
      -     Who took the portal ? (to earth ?)

From my understanding there is :

-     Helena

-     Santiago

-     Mei-Yin Li

-     Diana (?)

Another question :
     -     Do Diana start on Aberration ?

Shouldn't we ascend to Aberration ?

I'm not sure about getting them translated on the wiki, but they have all of the notes lined up for you to read in order across all of the arks. Could possibly try google translate and just copy and paste the text. Once you do its actually quite an interesting story ark has behind it. So to answer your question it was everyone in that list but Diana went as far as I remember. Diana was killed by Rockwell once he injected himself with element and began changing into the monster he was. They all started on what is now aberration, but it was originally the island. When they first started they already had tek with them and flew out until they crashed into the barrier. After that they decided it was basically a cage, so they hijacked the obelisk to rout them directly to the overseer where they detonated a bomb that destroyed the control center completely. When it was destroyed the protective field fell and the sun destroyed the top level. They retreated underground and that is what became aberration. To answer the question about ascension, the survivors are supposed to go to scorched earth, then to what is now aberration. Aberration should actually lead you to another ark, but they hacked it again to just send them straight to earth. This is why when you defeat rockwell (who by the way was keeping the normal bosses from spawning and jamming the whole system) you get to follow the path they had that still leads straight to earth. It is not the way it was intended, but is the work around that humans have created.

On June 16, 2018 at 7:59 PM, Globy said:

Is there any theories on why some start on "Basic" Island (Helena, Rockwell) when others start on Scorched Earth ? (Mei)
Then why they ascend to Aberration especially ? Is there an order ?
And if there is an order why some start at The Island when other start directly to Aberration ?

I have so much questions ?

Helena, Rockwell, and Mei all came from the island at the same time. When they went to the ascension cave Mei was fighting a guy named Minerva I think and she had to kill him but ended up teleported to Aberration. Then Helena and Rockwell ended up teleported to Scorched Earth, where there were already people there that had been there and didn't seem to be from anywhere else as they never mentioned it. There isn't really a theory as to why some start in different places, maybe its like when the Ark system creates the survivor it determines their skill level and assigns them to an Ark accordingly.

Archived