Faune

Balanced PvE and PvP differently

PvE and PvP are two different games. Why not balance them differently?

Example

on PvP you can pick up dinos

on PvE you can’t.

make PvE be able to only pick up dinosaurs that are not threatening (to stop griefing)

Another example is saddles

saddles were nerfed because of PvP

there is no reason not to have them on PvE

on PvP there are “small tribe servers with 3x rates”

a majority of PvE official servers only have a small tribe so it’s a disadvantage for PvE.

Balance PvE seperately to PvP

on a sidenote: I personally don’t play PvP because I don’t want to risk months of time to come back to being wiped. (It’s understandable. Trust me)

21 hours ago, Faune said:

PvE and PvP are two different games. Why not balance them differently?

Example

on PvP you can pick up dinos

on PvE you can’t.

make PvE be able to only pick up dinosaurs that are not threatening (to stop griefing)

Another example is saddles

saddles were nerfed because of PvP

there is no reason not to have them on PvE

on PvP there are “small tribe servers with 3x rates”

a majority of PvE official servers only have a small tribe so it’s a disadvantage for PvE.

Balance PvE seperately to PvP

on a sidenote: I personally don’t play PvP because I don’t want to risk months of time to come back to being wiped. (It’s understandable. Trust me)

You actually make a good point a lot of nerfs have been done to the game that balances pvp however some of these nerfs have hindered pve players 

I think what he's trying to say is that we have been calling to balance and/or seperate PvP and PvE for the past 2 years. We never got a reply on it the only thing we got as a sort of reply when the commotion was getting big enough to influence WildCard was that they said "The game is mainly PvP and PvE, that is what we want to focus on". That didn't mean that they actually were going to do something for PvE that just ment they wouldn't pay as much attention to the other gameplay styles anymore (primitive etc.). Now they're going back again to new game styles like the 6 man tribe for example which are mainly focused (again) on PvP

The veterans (or at least me) gave up on calling upon WildCard with feedback that would make huge improvements for the game. At one point we even offered to pay for it ourselfs as long as they would get it done and get it done right. But as per usual there was no reply since it was not PvP and all big youtubers who play PvE are not playing official. 

It would be nice if WC could make pve more fun for us. They could give pve servers S+ to help with building, could give us back flyer speed lvls, could make it so dinos can eat custom food and recipe items again, could un-nerf saddles and a lot of other things. 

• Facepalm 1

On 6/19/2018 at 6:05 PM, ZeroSeconds said:

I think what he's trying to say is that we have been calling to balance and/or seperate PvP and PvE for the past 2 years. We never got a reply on it the only thing we got as a sort of reply when the commotion was getting big enough to influence WildCard was that they said "The game is mainly PvP and PvE, that is what we want to focus on". That didn't mean that they actually were going to do something for PvE that just ment they wouldn't pay as much attention to the other gameplay styles anymore (primitive etc.). Now they're going back again to new game styles like the 6 man tribe for example which are mainly focused (again) on PvP

The veterans (or at least me) gave up on calling upon WildCard with feedback that would make huge improvements for the game. At one point we even offered to pay for it ourselfs as long as they would get it done and get it done right. But as per usual there was no reply since it was not PvP and all big youtubers who play PvE are not playing official. 

This is exactly right, I bought ark when it was first released on early access. The changes the WC has chosen to do affect PvP positively but PvE negatively. Also the ridiculous amounts of connection issues on the PvE servers are crazy..

• Facepalm 1