Mobile tame limit

Keram

9 hours ago, Unconsidered said:

Why tf you nees 12 tames; like 2 flying, 1 for stone, 1 for metal, one for berries, wood, killing then water. And that's only 7

This is a good point you don’t need many tames but, if we start talking about world bosses, breeding mutants, building a zoo, or having most/all resources handeld by tames then the 45 limit feels a little small to the pc versions 200+, and if we were to have tames do most work that means one for wood lets say a mamoth that takes care of berries as well, we can take care of flint, metal, crystal, obsidian, and frozen oil nods with an anklyo,for stone a doedicurus works, for thatch one of the moose’s works, for pelt and hide a dire wolf, and for meat lets say carnotirus, if we include non basic resources we get a dung beetle for fertilizer and a frog for cementing past, and for transport lets say a quetzal for our flyer and transport and, we throw in the dolphin as our water mount thats 10 tames, thats not a lot but if we get in to world bosses where the limit to bring with you is 20 well throw the meat and hide collecters into the 20 we get 28 tames that mean we have 17 slots still open which, still leaves enough for small scale breeding. That means the only thing that can’t be done is tame every creature since theres over 80 in the mobile version so yeah there’s plenty of slots but you can’t tame every thing which isn’t a big deal but it sucks just a little bit, so you’re correct you only need about seven and even if we throw in the extras that still leaves space for more tames so the limit dose not need to be increased but, it does if one wanted to tame everything.

So let's think about this, there are 80 dinosaurs in the mobile version. We're allowed 40 tames on a SP instance (no, I have absolutely zero intention of ever playing on an official server, been there, done that, no thank you). That means we can only have half the dinos currently available. Now, if I want breeding pairs, that means only 20 types. If I need room for breeding, well now cut that down to 10 types. I understand needing a limit for the online versions of 40 per person, but why in SP must we be limited? Couldn't we have the limit of the number of players x 40 or half of that in SP mode? That would make more sense to me on an SP version.

Or at the very least the tame limit of 2 to 5 people (which is 80 to 200 tames) in SP  beacuse if its online you can just have tribe mate claim the dinos you tame so you don’t have to worry about a limit but in single player you don’t have that, and it’s so ugghh, the pc version each player gets a limit of over 200 tames why can’t we have that for single player, i don’t like to sound like im whining but 200+ would be a great single player limit for example, if theres 80 in the mobile as stated the 2 of every creature is 160 tames, that leaves so much room for breeding if the limit was even 200 but. We would want 200+ for single player do to the fact it has been said by the devs that they are going to add the rest of the island dinos and have hopes to add the dlc maps which, means that 200+ is more ideal in the long term for single player.

And YET, on multiplayer, each player can have 40 tames at 50 people on the server. So it's NOT about lag at all. It's about limiting and forcing us to play their online crap servers (been there, done that, no thanks, I'll stick to my dedicated private). So lag is not the issue here, unless you're going to tell me that 2000 tames on the online servers is not going to lag at all, which also shoots down your fanboy theory. Look, I've played thousands, literally, of Ark hours, I still play on my dedicated server. I was hyped to go back to some basics and have a blast with the mobile application, no bosses to worry about, just some cute dinos I could maybe entertain myself with and breed around. But no, they pretty much killed that. For what reason? Because your reason I just shot out of the atmosphere.

So wait the mobile servers can hold 50 to 60 people at 40 tames a person thats 2000 to 2400 tames per server why cant they do this for single player, the game can support that many tames with wild dinos players and bases so why can’t the single play have that as the limit, theres no need for balancing in SP, the things you do in SP are just for fun so why can’t i have a few hundred tames .

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I know this is a bit old now, but was there ever an increase to the tame limit? I am seeing tribes on official PvE servers with well over 100 tames, and a few with over 200 tames. Is there some kind of exploit I should be reporting these people for? These few tribes taking up to 10% of a server tame limit seems absurd when individuals only get 12 tames per tribe member. 

On official multiplayer servers, each person can have 12 tames.  So 6 players in a tribe x 12 = 72 tames.  Primal Pass gives you 50% more.  72 x .5 = 36.  36 + 72 = 108 max tames per tribe if all 6 players subscribe to Primal Pass.  As far as being able to play in a populated server, I can tell you that if I go near a large base with lots of tames, my game will always crash.

3 hours ago, Rocketraptor said:

That is true but I’ve been hosting an unofficial 12 slot server for 7 max tribe but I keep finding tribes with more than seven people and they have more games than there supposed to but a good thing is that my device will keep going literally when I’m near of the largest bases on our server

What device you using?

Archived