Tame cape Limit only 500 a tribe

Icewalker

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest DJRone89
8 hours ago, Icewalker said:

New most be new

Been playing since 2015 and the console tame limit was 200 up until 2017. Pretty easy to manage actually.

Guest DJRone89
2 hours ago, Icewalker said:

you most not be playing very hard 

Why, because I know how to manage my tame count?

3 hours ago, DJRone89 said:

Been playing since 2015 and the console tame limit was 200 up until 2017. Pretty easy to manage actually.

I'm guessing (and correct me if I'm wrong) you are in a tribe with maximum 2 players and don't do boss fights all to often for all the tek tier. Other than that I know for a fact that you don't breed any dino in a private line from scratch and don't do too much trading. And I'm quite certain there is no woman in your tribe (as irl they take a lot of space >.<)

2 hours ago, Icewalker said:

you most not be playing very hard 

And you are probably not playing hard enough if you need to keep those level 7 dino's in your base. 

500 dino's is a joke for PvE. It easily managable if you are in a 1-2 man tribe. We're with 2 guys and 1 woman, so thats 2 going for stats and 1 going for pretty dino butts to look at. Further than that we always have wyverns for sale (about 30-80 depending on the batch) and lots of other dino's. We got a private thyla bloodline from the scratch (the 329 mutated and 327 clean that are in trading forum), we got boss rex's boss theri's, a giga line, rock elementals and ofcourse a kibble farm and quetzal line. 500 dino's is an absolute joke and every (heavy) breeder would agree with that.

HOWEVER

Every single (heavy) breeder already worked around this to have a cap of 500-2.000 with dino's that you actually use. So there's no need to bikkel and argue about it. 

Guest DJRone89
34 minutes ago, ZeroSeconds said:

I'm guessing (and correct me if I'm wrong) you are in a tribe with maximum 2 players and don't do boss fights all to often for all the tek tier. Other than that I know for a fact that you don't breed any dino in a private line from scratch and don't do too much trading. And I'm quite certain there is no woman in your tribe (as irl they take a lot of space >.<)

And you are probably not playing hard enough if you need to keep those level 7 dino's in your base. 

500 dino's is a joke for PvE. It easily managable if you are in a 1-2 man tribe. We're with 2 guys and 1 woman, so thats 2 going for stats and 1 going for pretty dino butts to look at. Further than that we always have wyverns for sale (about 30-80 depending on the batch) and lots of other dino's. We got a private thyla bloodline from the scratch (the 329 mutated and 327 clean that are in trading forum), we got boss rex's boss theri's, a giga line, rock elementals and ofcourse a kibble farm and quetzal line. 500 dino's is an absolute joke and every (heavy) breeder would agree with that.

HOWEVER

Every single (heavy) breeder already worked around this to have a cap of 500-2.000 with dino's that you actually use. So there's no need to bikkel and argue about it. 

2000 dinos lol the server cap is 5500. PvE players justification for an increased tribe dino limit is an absolute joke.

7 minutes ago, DJRone89 said:

2000 dinos lol the server cap is 5500. PvE players justification for an increased tribe dino limit is an absolute joke.

Its not just 1 server, remember you're divided in at least 2 servers and most are in 5 servers (Island, Center, Rag, Abb and SE)  as each of the servers has its perks, thats 2.500 dino limit already, let alone if you raise your cap from 500 to 1.000 which will give you a total of 5.000 slots. Does this mean every PvE player has 2.000-5.000 dino's, ofcourse not, feeding is a nightmare haha

Guest DJRone89
2 hours ago, ZeroSeconds said:

Its not just 1 server, remember you're divided in at least 2 servers and most are in 5 servers (Island, Center, Rag, Abb and SE)  as each of the servers has its perks, thats 2.500 dino limit already, let alone if you raise your cap from 500 to 1.000 which will give you a total of 5.000 slots. Does this mean every PvE player has 2.000-5.000 dino's, ofcourse not, feeding is a nightmare haha

If the devs wanted you to have everything then they wouldn’t impose caps to begin with. Big difference between needing and wanting. People have no self control and want it all.

18 hours ago, Icewalker said:

ya it is easy if you buy your  Dino I don't do easy I want the whole game Experian

Don't BS me. I said that you could have more at the beginning. But how much you need? Any good wild tame Yuti is good enough, no need to start a bloodline. You just need to tame a 45+ HP Rex and a 50+ melee Rex. Then breed them until a pair of babies have both stats. The tameing is the problem. If both are same sex, use an intermediary Rex. It takes luck and time, not tame slot. Just kill the unwanted males at birth, keep females if they have a stat matching the male then kill them after you get the pair. You still end up with 2+19. Not matter how you breed.

Kill all the others afterward. You don't need color mutation, you don't need much, really.

You don't want to buy kibble?

+46 dinos on the island or center (1 male 2 females each kibble (15) + 1 oviraptor) 

+19 on SE

+59 on Rag

+30 on Abberation (Rock drake eggs are fetched in the trench and no ways of getting an oviraptor).

Either way you won't even reach 300.

It's really only when you want more and get greedy. By the time you breed your Rex line from wild. You would have produced enough kibble for the 19 Rexes. 

Don't imprint breeders (exept the females that comes from the perfect combo as they are breeders and fighters).

You are not here to trade dinos or resources, any wild tame harvester would do the job just fine. 

Behemoth fenced base+Deep see water pen with a wild tame doedi and mammoth are more the feasible. We did just that. 

You won't need that much metal, any wild tame that ends up with 300+% md post tame would work fine. Quetz don't need to lift much, you can make do with a 1-2k weight tamed with decent stam...

On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 5:28 AM, MandaBear said:

If you are still fond of the pvp style but to small, why not try out the new small tribe servers? I wouldn't suggest it until they release enough and work out the kinks, but if they get it smoothed out like they are trying I could see those actually being quite enjoyable for people not looking to have the pve restrictions or be wiped by 30 people at once on regular. 

Normal Official PVP servers are probably better for PVE players that want to try PVP. They are more similar to PVE mode in that little action takes place since everyone is allied up and holding hands.

On small tribe servers the action comes fast and often and I dare say many PVE players trying it for the first time will quickly run off with their tail between their legs never to return.

On 7/3/2018 at 8:10 PM, Paroxyde said:

500 is quite enough. 

I too retired from almost 4k of official pvp and was in a mega tribe. Chances are, if you played PvP officials about 2 years ago, we might have crossed path. 

I switched to PvE for retirement and got everything done since then. I even sold all boss runs except Rag and Center due to lack of base there. Truth is, you don't "need" better Rexes 11khp 414% at hatch is more than enough.

Here is the exhaustive list of dinos we need:

2 breeders Rex"just in case we lose all our fert eggs", then 19 Rexes for Broodmother and Megapithecus. That's 21.

1 yuti and its 2 parents. That's 24.

2 high weight quetz with a few eggs pre-hatched. That's 26.

2 high melee ankies+eggs. That's 28.

15 Lightning wyverns for Manticore. That's 43.

5 Megaceros and 2 parents for Dragon. 50.

5 Rock Drakes and 5 lightpets, remnants of our Rockwell fight. 60.

A pair of mammoths and doedi. 64.

A pair of Tuso and Basil for water action. 68.

A pair of Theriz for most harvests. 70.

A lystro to make +71 dinos with the grinder hall a bit faster. 71.

A pair of fire wyvern and baryonyx for caveing. 75.

5 Achatinas for paste. 80.

2 dung beetles for our garden. 82.

2 angler fish for pearls. 84.

A Queen Bee for honey. 85.

And that's it. 85.

We used to have egg recipy with dodo eggs, but it was switched for meat recipy. We outsource the imprinting kibbles, just buy a fridge full of each with a label on top and you should be set for a while and you usually can get a good discount with those volume.

Though, we are close to limit because we breed unnecessary dinos, for tradeing, thylas, bears, pteras, theris... Mostly for color mutations...

However, if your goal is not to enjoy and relax, start a virtual business while spending your time on global chat, looking for drama; but to "finish" ark. Then all you really need is those 75 in the end. There might be a need for starter dinos, first breeds... We don't imprint dinos we don't use, making the need for kibble to only tameing at the beginning and exchanging a handfull of metal is sure more worth it than getting a kibble farm started. Just buy what you need. Starter kibbles are usually given out for free by kibble farmer to hook you up and also dissuade you from being a competitor. 

Truth is, we were also kibble sellers, as in all kibble, even the rarely used ones like troodon and ichtygornis... But our beeeding got out of hand, leaving us no choice but to choose kibble or breeding, and we chose. 

While 500 might not be enough for people who wants to breed extensively, it is more than enough to "finish" Ark. 

So I guess you are not doing the Dragon? This is an Island achievement as well as required to ascend. Megaceros alone will not do it.

It is never a good idea to use a dino that you also need to replenish it if something unexpected were to happen.

Good luck for most players doing Alpha Bosses with 11k HP 414 Melee Rexes. They will be wiped and lose everything. Bad advice.

Having only two Rexes to replenish 19 is a painful way to do it. It will take weeks to recover from a failed Boss fight that way.

Theris overweight very easily and so it is better to use the designated dino for the task. Ex. you are missing Bronto for berries.

Quetzals take forever to raise. It is better to have a backup then to wait until tragedy. Plus Argies are better now for transporting most materials and they are not on your list.

I am sure they are many more examples but I do not want to spend too much time on this.

There should be no unnecessary dinos and I believe that is what the TLC's were trying to address.

Why would a Kibble seller give free kibble to avoid competition? They would not be making anything if it was all free. Plus many people want to do things themselves because working on other players schedules sucks. Drama often ruins the ability to trade where if you have your own farm then that is a non-issue.

Streamlining Ark to get players to the end as fast as possible is one of the quickest ways to kill this game. Once players feel done they stop playing. No need to worry about selling anything or dino caps at that point, it will be just single player. Colors make many dinos tolerable. If people force others to play the lame version of Ark then they will just quit or a competing game will steal unhappy players away. 

What WC really needs to do is to listen to its players and add a way to have all the dinos and colors without making dino cap an issue. I have proposed a possible solution many times like unlocking color channels and stats so players will not have to actively keep and care for hundreds of dinos.

1 hour ago, Cinnamongod said:

So I guess you are not doing the Dragon? This is an Island achievement as well as required to ascend. Megaceros alone will not do it.

It is never a good idea to use a dino that you also need to replenish it if something unexpected were to happen.

Good luck for most players doing Alpha Bosses with 11k HP 414 Melee Rexes. They will be wiped and lose everything. Bad advice.

Having only two Rexes to replenish 19 is a painful way to do it. It will take weeks to recover from a failed Boss fight that way.

Theris overweight very easily and so it is better to use the designated dino for the task. Ex. you are missing Bronto for berries.

Quetzals take forever to raise. It is better to have a backup then to wait until tragedy. Plus Argies are better now for transporting most materials and they are not on your list.

I am sure they are many more examples but I do not want to spend too much time on this.

There should be no unnecessary dinos and I believe that is what the TLC's were trying to address.

Why would a Kibble seller give free kibble to avoid competition? They would not be making anything if it was all free. Plus many people want to do things themselves because working on other players schedules sucks. Drama often ruins the ability to trade where if you have your own farm then that is a non-issue.

Streamlining Ark to get players to the end as fast as possible is one of the quickest ways to kill this game. Once players feel done they stop playing. No need to worry about selling anything or dino caps at that point, it will be just single player. Colors make many dinos tolerable. If people force others to play the lame version of Ark then they will just quit or a competing game will steal unhappy players away. 

What WC really needs to do is to listen to its players and add a way to have all the dinos and colors without making dino cap an issue. I have proposed a possible solution many times like unlocking color channels and stats so players will not have to actively keep and care for hundreds of dinos.

We did all Bosses on Alpha on Officials with those rexes. Once to +72 you reach 25khp and 1000% melee which is like 1-2h on a grinder hall per Rex divided by number of tribe mates. You just steam roll bosses. If you want I'll send you via pm the video of Dragon, Overseer and Rockwell as well. Done on officials, of course. And you will also see if a deer can handle the boss or not.

Not really, you keep making eggs but just don't hatch them. A few fridge full of eggs is more than enough, you would only need 4 days to recuperate and you can restock the lost egg shortly after. The two parents are here in case someone in your tribe betray you and eats all your eggs.

Even with a kibble farm, it won't reach 300...

Mammoths are plenty enough for berries, there is no need to have much as there are few berry eaters. And a green houseremove your need to really farm them anyway (dung beetle) unless you have an unreasonable amount of herbivores... Theriz are for meat, hide and fiber.

Wild quetz is more than enough. You don't need a bred quetz... Quetz is mostly for grab and mow farming, trees with mammoths, metal with anky... While you can grab an anky, you can't grab a mammoth, so might as well use a quetz for both! Also, they are very useful for transporting Rexes.

And I never said all kibble. Starter kibble like dodos and dilos. You hook up a client, you make sure he feels favorable to you and you establish how easy it is to procure kibble from you : would it be faster to make a farm, then wait for the eggs, then cook them? Or just shell out 2.5k ingots to someone that's nice to you for 100 stego kibble to tame a flock of argies? Same principle as to why companies gives samples.

Not really... But that's my opinion.

Never said people shouldn't, as I said earlier, I myself was breeding. But he clearly stated that he was not here for that and I was just pointing that out for him. He doesn't need much for what he is aiming for.

Unlocking color channels and stats ? :Jerbfat: No idea what this means... But the cryo thinggy from extinction should fix that... You store the inactive bloodlines until you need it.

Guest DJRone89
4 minutes ago, DarthaNyan said:

1. OP "most be new" when it comes to server costs and server parts upgrades.

2. OP is obviously a troll.

OP plays on a server for free, expects an upgrade for free.

• 2 weeks later...

oh wow this thing is still going?

can't even know where to start on the server upgrade. whatever you buy for your home pc cost much more for a server. always going for an upgrade is not an option. if you don't even upgrade your pc once a month you don't expect people to do that for a server that is used by people for FREE

500 dinos is a lot. and there is a lot of ways to circumvent that limit if you really think its too little

also you're not putting up an argument anymore. you're just name calling and saying only you're right

On 7/4/2018 at 12:35 PM, DJRone89 said:

If the devs wanted you to have everything then they wouldn’t impose caps to begin with. Big difference between needing and wanting. People have no self control and want it all.

I may be new on here. And that is just cos a bug killed my bred Giga and 2 bred therazinos. And a Bred Doe on another server. 

But as a person that breeds for others, and in general is trading everything people might need. I have another question , for you. 

Why play the game then at all? Why having colors and stats, if people do not desire it ? Why are you doing boss battles. Or breeding sea dinos for caves? 

Why have anything except tame dinos at all? I do not see a point then. Why did all the events offer random colors of dinos? Why did we get a new breed to breed, aka a tex rex ? I mean you can not claim people have no self control when the game is giving you amazing choices to explore. 

I do not own low level dinos. I do not have any dilos or scorpinos, or normal rexes,  no dods, no turtles, we actually killed off pretty much everything not needed. When our kibble fridges got full.

On 7/4/2018 at 10:27 AM, ZeroSeconds said:

HOWEVER

What you said. We are 4 people tribe. And to be honest,  at least 45 of them is otters, jerboas, featherlights, bulbdogs, snakes , lizards, and anything else small and cute. If anyone touches them , they lose a hand.. or intheir case , their fav giga is going down with a tek rifle. It is  mine. ALL MINE. 

11 hours ago, Icewalker said:

You all most be a bunch of Engineers that all sounds good on paper but when you are trying to get your own stats for your dinos to run bosses and not buy them off the Market it make the game more challenging 

Agreed.

Why bother doing anything then , in the first place? We breed everything. We kill the tames. People need things like rexes, gigas, wys , rock drakes all the time. And kibble requests are huge. Even the little thingies like jerboas are important. And people do not want normal jerboas. They want a cute little cyan thingy with red ears and black snout, with yellow tail and 100 weight. 

Guest DJRone89

@azurebell just because the game has a large variety of creatures doesn’t mean the system in place allows you to have it all. It’s as simple as that. Caps exist because of server performance and anyone who thinks that a server has an unlimited amount of capacity to facilitate that is crazy.

Archived