Tame cape Limit only 500 a tribe

Icewalker

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest DJRone89
20 minutes ago, Icewalker said:

If that is the case it is time to update the hardware it's really not that hard to do

You bought the game, but you play on the official servers for free. Wildcard need to adopt a monthly subscription in order for an upgrade to be financially feasible.

The fact they need to repurpose legacy servers in order to bring out fresh one’s should be a clear enough indication that cost is an issue.

Guest DJRone89
8 minutes ago, Icewalker said:
  Hide contents

Ya ok then tell me how you are going to get Kibble for the rest of your dinos  and be able to run bosses for your tach gear Breed to get Better stats and to have babys 

Console players made do when the tribe limit was just 250. Complaining about a 500 limit is pretty laughable.

Well I tell you what there would have been a lot more people buying the game or playing the game if it was not so laggy and you got people placing pillars all over than that that is not using the land all because they don't want the server to lag upgrades do not cost that much especially for Hardware if you do it yourself it's really not that hard you can watch a video and figure it out that's what you got to love about technology today I've been around computers my whole life and never have once took a computer class and I build my own computers just fine I just have to have a little common sense about it

Guest DJRone89
1 hour ago, Icewalker said:

Well I tell you what there would have been a lot more people buying the game or playing the game if it was not so laggy and you got people placing pillars all over than that that is not using the land all because they don't want the server to lag upgrades do not cost that much especially for Hardware if you do it yourself it's really not that hard you can watch a video and figure it out that's what you got to love about technology today I've been around computers my whole life and never have once took a computer class and I build my own computers just fine I just have to have a little common sense about it

So you’re comparing a home upgrade to thousands of official servers? It’s not just the upgrade itself but the logistics involved too, so to think that won’t cost a lot is ludicrous.

No I'm just saying it is easy to upgrade the severs to help it run better and these days there is really no excuse for lag in games it is not the 1990's anymore  they just have to stop bring so cheap if you do it yourself it is a lot cheaper I Build my computer for 1500 but if I got it from the store it would have cost 3000

Wildcard: "Hey Nitrado, were sending over our intern that has no IT training or certifications to make your machines better. He did build his own PC tho, so a server bank should be a piece of veggie cake."

Nitrado: "Sounds good, the intern we have service our banks is out on a coffee run. I mean what could go wrong?"

On a serious note, the servers are not the biggest culprit of the limit or pve lag in general. Its that the coding of the game itself can only handle so much. Even on single player try spawning in clusters of 500 dinos all over the map and see how smooth it runs. More dinos always equals less performance under any condition regardless of hardware client or server side.

500 is a pretty generous. If you are sensible and only keep the dinos you will actually use on a long term basis. Everything else should be temporary, transient, transitional, retained till their purpose is fulfilled then disgarded or recycled. 

For example, once you have tamed your Rexes with your Pulmonoscorpius kibble, you really don't need those scorpions anymore. Convert them into a chitin helmet and a nice pair of gloves.  Or Dilos,  how many people have 10 or 12 Dilos that they don't need hanging about their bases? Once you have tamed a couple of decent Ankys and Doeds, those Dilos could be a nice pair of leather pants and a few tasty steaks instead. 

I could give more examples but I'm sure you have already got the drift of what I'm saying.

32 minutes ago, Niphead said:

Coming from a guy moaning cause he can ONLY have 500 virtual Dinosaurs? 

22 minutes ago, ishootpaint said:

On a serious note, the servers are not the biggest culprit of the limit or pve lag in general. Its that the coding of the game itself can only handle so much. Even on single player try spawning in clusters of 500 dinos all over the map and see how smooth it runs. More dinos always equals less performance under any condition regardless of hardware client or server side.

The better the cpu and the more ram you have the better the performance

1 minute ago, Hemplethwaite said:

500 is a pretty generous. If you are sensible and only keep the dinos you will actually use on a long term basis. Everything else should be temporary, transient, transitional, retained till their purpose is fulfilled then disgarded or recycled. 

For example, once you have tamed your Rexes with your Pulmonoscorpius kibble, you really don't need those scorpions anymore. Convert them into a chitin helmet and a nice pair of gloves.  Or Dilos,  how many people have 10 or 12 Dilos that they don't need hanging about their bases? Once you have tamed a couple of decent Ankys and Doeds, those Dilos could be a nice pair of leather pants and a few tasty steaks instead. 

I could give more examples but I'm sure you have already got the drift of what I'm saying.

just because you get a rex doesn't you're done if you want to run boss you have to breed for stats and the same goes for everything else 

Yes, any PC gamer knows this. But if the coding of the game has a lower limitation than most higher end gaming hardware can handle its a mute point. Sure my PC can decode those packets quick, but if the packets are getting bogged down and backlogged your hardware is not gonna make it run good. Sure a V8 engine is strong, but with less than optimal gas its gonna run like poop.

Just now, Icewalker said:

just because you get a rex doesn't you're done if you want to run boss you have to breed for stats and the same goes for everything else 

I have been told that scorpions have no involvement in rex breeding. Once you have tamed a decent boy rex and a decent girl rex you can put them together and they will make baby rexes. 

Kill the scorpions, free up space

Archived