Different players same disc.. Is the progress still there?

I was wondering if different players playing separately same disc tho if it's possible to visit each other's homes and help build and feed dinos? I just been trying to get my roommate back to my base but he says he tried and cant find it. Swears is my island he was on too...   I was slaving trying to build us a large home base but I'm thinking he is right. Same ps4 same accounts we use on the ps4 just switch between being 1st player to help each other out tho if is pointless to find each other's base lol I need to know so I'm not having him float around on a raft trying to find my base.hope that maze sense to everyone and thanx for the help it's appreciate.

The last sentence maze me reply. :D

If you play on the same console with the same account, your roommate becomes essentially you when launching the game (in single player). So he will be able to help or do whatever you were up to do. 

When playing on official servers, but still using the same account, make sure he connects to the correct server and he will take over your existing character just like above. 

If he uses a different account, you can't play on the same single player map as save files are separated by your console. 

And lastly, if he uses a different account but play on official servers, make sure to join the right server and you would have to meet simultaneously to team up together (form a tribe). But that doesn't work with only one console. 

Archived