State of primitive plus

Zweistein000

Hey guys, it's been more than a year now (I think) since me and my group of friends put ARK down due to extreme amounts of bugs and issues with primitive plus, but we have never forgotten the fun we had with ARK (my 400-somehting hours can attest to that). So we've found ourselves potentially looking at ARK again and primitive+ (we don't like the high-tech of the vanilla game). The problem is I'm having a hard time confirming what has been fixed and if primitive+ is in a playable state now (on PC). Can someone help me out here? Is primitive plus playable now or is it still a broken mess? 

Its not as buggy as to the prime buggy time(snappoints of brick and stuff).

There are still some bugs, but most of them arent game breaking and you have some work arounds (argi cant grab ankylo/doed but the quetz still can). 

The biggest "bug" or problem is the base defence... With the 100 plants turret limit its way to easy to raid a base but you cant damage brickstuff with the obsi anymore but blow it up. If you compare the cost of a steelsafe and the ressources you need to blow one up, than its a joke too. Safes are expensive, sticky bombs are cheap. Not comparable to full-tec safe and C4.

If you just want to play to have fun, than prim+ works. If you want to play as an alpha, its easy to go there but hard to stay there

i agree with basically everything introser said. its fun. lots of pvp, smaller tribes, no tek. but you have to come up with some very unique base designs because 100 plants makes it very difficult to keep you stuff safe. i personally think the plants need a damage buff a health buff and maybe a higher limit since they are not as strong as turrets or heavy turrets.

So, let me throw out a disclaimer: I only played the regular servers up to about level 40 before coming to Prim+.

That being said, Prim+ has been very playable for the last 3 months I've been playing. Like mentioned above defense is an issue. It's easy to wipe a base if you aren't aware of the vulnerabilities. If you build your base in a honeycomb fashion with multiple layers of walls and have a boatload of steel safes it makes it very hard for aggressors to take everything you have. It costs a lot of resources to get in.

The x plants are mostly a joke. They won't save your dino's if you are offline.  Nothing will. When you get some good dino's lay some eggs and hide them.

So hop on a server and don't be shy to talk with people on the server. Let them get to know you. After a bit you're likely to get an invite. If you log in and don't say anything you look like a griefer and are likely to get attacked. 

Edit - about the X plants. The radius for the 100 count isn't huge. If you scatter them out a bit you can have more. The plants say how many are in range of that plant. So start in the center of your base on the roof and work outwards. Keeping an eye on the most center plant everytime you add a few.

It's not just that it's buggy, it's that very little attention is paid to these servers. There's no intention of giving us events here, because as they said on reddit, Prim plus modifies core files which are required, which seems kinda weak. Like they don't want to put in the effort to ensure prim plus is as playable as normal servers. So if you're going to start here do so knowing that it is a lot of fun, but it is also an as-is experience, meaning do not expect the lore events like the one going on right now, and do not expect things to get fixed. I played here for most of my 1900 hours, but when I started I did not get a warning that it was never going to get better. I just kind of assumed it was official it will get fixes like official servers, I was wrong. I would not be surprised at all if with the next expansion prim plus servers are placed on the list of servers to be closed for good.

Archived