Single Player Difficulty?

Killuminatii902

I understand this because the too hard game it is not familiar to new players because of quitting. In any game, there are ways to manage difficulty. If you play in wow and feel weak you can buy wow gold or buy wow items. I know that it is a shortcut and we lose pleasure for the game but not everybody has time to farm and grind all the time. If you are older and want to stay at the highest level you need to make choices.

I think max lvl in the wild is just lvl 30..We definetly need increase difficulty of SP or at least make the lvl of the dinos same as the lvl of the player progress so it wont be that hard ... the only high lvl dinos are in the snow cave but its just arround 80-90

and also please fix the spawn spots/rates of aggressive dinos..cuz i see a group of different type  fighting each other to death on a same spot....thus making hard to lure/tame ....

• 2 months later...
On 8/31/2018 at 2:13 AM, JohnnyO said:

Devs.. Any word on if this change is planning on being implemented? I would love to play single player in GOD mode but what’s the point if I’m only dealing with low level Dino’s?

A level 1-30(easy mode) level 30-120(Medium) and 120+(hard mode) would be ideal. 

Now that I’m reaching higher levels I would love to see them implement a way to access higher level Dinos.

Either in relation to our player level as DeVoid suggested, or with Dino levels being attached to a difficulty  ratings as johnnyO has proposed.

• 3 months later...

but make it adjustable any time, i dont want to start over, just to get some harder high level Dinos, 3 setting - new survivor Dinos lvl 1-50,  experienced survivor - Dinos 50-150 , man vs ancient wild Dinos 100-max. that will make the game very repayable and rake in much money as the long players will not want to grind as much and be willing to buy short cuts. God console and soothing balms and upgrades for current tames. max lvl of 70 kinda is boring. I wanna wrestle a lvl 100 giga with my lvl 150 dodo DILO

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/4/2018 at 6:24 AM, WarDrumBecca said:

Psst.

Coming soon. 

Please add a way to change it in game. I really enjoy playing the game but lvl 30 dinos can mostly be dealt with on foot. I don't have the time to restart and would really appreciate the ability to ramp it up. Thanks if you read this and take it into consideration

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I didn’t realize that there was no option to change the Dino level in single player because I was only playing in multiplayer. But Please change this option soon. My character disappeared on my multiplayer server because I had to leave the game for 7 months. My player and board is gone and I was level 85 at least with tons of collars and things I haven’t got back even with restore purchases. That’s why I started single player. I was devastated and almost didn’t want to play anymore. Now that I found out you can’t get any higher then 30 in single player another hit to the gut. Please stop breaking my heart!

• 1 month later...

If you are just changing settings from the in game settings list, you can not increase the difficulty passed 1. You need to edit the ini file for your saved game and add a line to override the default difficulty. The default location for your saved game ini is here:
Programs Files/Steam/Steamapps/Common/ARK/ShooterGame/Saved/Config/WindowsNoEditor

You will see a bunch of files inside. The one you want is GameUserSettings. Open it in Notepad and scroll down until you find [ServerSettings]. Under that you will see DifficultyOffset=1.00000. Leave that alone but just under it make a new entry OverrideOfficialDifficulty=#, so it looks like this:
[ServerSettings]
DifficultyOffset=1.000000
OverrideOfficialDifficulty=10

Now thats a copy paste of my settings. I have the Override set to 10 so I get lvl 300 max wild Dinos. If you want higher here is a simple list for values:
1 = lvl 150
10 = lvl 300
20 = lvl 600
And so on.

You can set it to as high as you like. I think there is a max value but I havent heard what it is specifically. But I have seen up to lvl 1200 wild dinos with just modifying this setting. And like what someone said above you will need to use the destroywilddinos once you have loaded in to kill off all the old dinos that used the lower setting to spawn.

Archived