Aberrant dinos dying for radiation, why?

Hoffmann

• Hoffmann changed the title to Aberrant dinos dying for radiation, why?

Not all dino's can withstand the radiation.  Rock Drakes, Mega's, Spino's and I think the Kark can travel with no issues in the Rad Zone.  There is a mushroom brew (I think that is what it is called) that you can feed your dino's and it will give them a couple of minutes of no damage.  You can only feed them one at a time, and the effect does not stack, so the first one has to wear off before you can feed it another. .  

4 minutes ago, Roshona said:

Nem todos os dinossauros podem suportar a radiação. Rock Drakes, Mega's, Spino's e eu acho que o Kark pode viajar sem problemas na Rad Zone. Há uma fermentação de cogumelos (eu acho que é o que é chamado) que você pode alimentar o seu dino e vai dar-lhes um par de minutos de nenhum dano. Você só pode alimentá-los um de cada vez, e o efeito não acumula, então o primeiro tem que se desgastar antes que você possa alimentar outro. .  

Thanks, ill do the brew, and try to collect more red gems until my anky die.

• 2 weeks later...

as Roshona said, not all aberrant dinos can survive the radiation. The general rule is that if it is not found wild in red then it cannot withstand the radiation. I know there are some that dont follow this general rule but if you follow it you will be safe ? as far as i know the only dino found in red that cannot survive it is basilisks. Ankys are not able to survive it i assume because it would make red gems too easy to have. they are meant to be rare and difficult to get so by making it difficult to bring an anky (not only the dangers but also the fact that you need to keep feeding it mushroom stew) makes it more challenging and rewarding :p. what i use is just a weight drake with about 2k weight atm and a high pickaxe. Even on 1x you get plenty, you just have to work more for those top tier drake saddles ?

• 3 weeks later...

Well if you manage to farm red crystals with an anky then my hat is off to you sir. Most the crystal spawn locations are in very dangerous areas and as stated above most everything will attack you and your anky. I have only ever farmed red crystal with a pick while my spino,mega or drake stand guard. I can't imagine walking all the way from blue zone to red and back out again on those slow ankys lol. I have tried to take ravagers into red zone using mushroom soup but have found it to be very difficult. The soup wears off after only a couple minutes (usually when I am getting chased by a reaper) and having to constantly keep reapplying it is a task. Below is a link to the wiki page it has a small list of animals that are immune to radiation and those that aren't. It should go without saying that a rock drake due to its impressive speed and mobility is one of if not the best dino to get crystals with.

GL

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Aberration

5 minutes ago, Kawarriorking said:

Well if you manage to farm red crystals with an anky then my hat is off to you sir. Most the crystal spawn locations are in very dangerous areas and as stated above most everything will attack you and your anky. I have only ever farmed red crystal with a pick while my spino,mega or drake stand guard. I can't imagine walking all the way from blue zone to red and back out again on those slow ankys lol. I have tried to take ravagers into red zone using mushroom soup but have found it to be very difficult. The soup wears off after only a couple minutes (usually when I am getting chased by a reaper) and having to constantly keep reapplying it is a task. Below is a link to the wiki page it has a small list of animals that are immune to radiation and those that aren't. It should go without saying that a rock drake due to its impressive speed and mobility is one of if not the best dino to get crystals with.

GL

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Aberration

You can carry it around with a crab to bring it to the location and use the karkinos as a guard. Once there you will be riding the anky and can apply brew as needed

True, so long as you stay on top of the mushroom brew that would work.  I just went a different route in my gameplay. Between the flying squid death monsters, reapers, nameless horrors and acid spitting Arthros that will destroy your rad suit I decided that speed and the ability to gtfo asap was the most important thing to me. But this is why Ark is the best, no right answers....find the one that works for you.

3 hours ago, Kawarriorking said:

True, so long as you stay on top of the mushroom brew that would work.  I just went a different route in my gameplay. Between the flying squid death monsters, reapers, nameless horrors and acid spitting Arthros that will destroy your rad suit I decided that speed and the ability to gtfo asap was the most important thing to me. But this is why Ark is the best, no right answers....find the one that works for you.

Yea i agree, whatever people want to do works but I use a 2k weight drake and a good pick. I get plenty in one run to last a while and even with the slower gathering, the speed at which i can get to the crystals makes it much faster and safer than using anything involving an anky.

We put down four vaults near the two larger red gem spawns and use picks and drakes. We filled two vaults (150 slots) with crystal and red gems in about two hours with two people. Now we just go down and pick up what we need and fly back.  Good picks and good hazmat suits and you’re golden. Plus you can run the cave down there that’s close by if you want to grab that artifact. 

4 hours ago, Kawarriorking said:

If you have a team you can bring crab, anky in claw and a weight basilisk. bring home all the gems you will ever need

1 hour ago, Sneakysmegal said:

yea but i try not to use basilisks on abb, the map has too many mesh issues. lost too many event and op basilisks to it....

Honestly it's not just basilisks. Most high tier dinos are very susceptible to the mesh (drakes, spinos, crabs and reapers) so honestly, id say just play normally because it doesn't matter, its going to be meshed

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/14/2018 at 1:44 PM, Wazzamaniac said:

Honestly it's not just basilisks. Most high tier dinos are very susceptible to the mesh (drakes, spinos, crabs and reapers) so honestly, id say just play normally because it doesn't matter, its going to be meshed

Also, Basilisk aren't immune to radiation. They can bury and move to prevent irradiated area, but that won't be enough, since even if you have SCUBA tank to counteract the oxygen issue, they have limited stamina and will unbury itself once that runs out.

Archived