Exstinction dinos

Gideon2099

Guest DJRone89
15 minutes ago, Gideon2099 said:

what dinos do you think would be in extinction

Better yet, how many new creatures will be added, and will all existing (Island) creatures be available on the map?

The other DLC’s have limited Island creatures so I’m hoping this has as many as possible, but without making the other maps completely redundant.

Because we simply have no information, it makes guessing more fun.

Honestly I want to be surprised, the amount of creatures in the DLCs is usually not enough for me, though I welcome each one of the additions they made. I think Scorched Earth felt poorer regarding creatures because so many animals were recycled from The Island (though Scorched Earth still ranks as one of my favorite maps), I like novelty and new tools, visual changes, etc... Aberration kind of avoided animal repetition with the "aberrant" variations, which was nice as an alternative and served a purpose on that map.

I play Ark for its fantastical, prehistoric, sci-fy and mythical aspirations, I like being in their worlds for fun and imagination, so anything that draws me closer to "current times" kind of puts me off, as I have that already in the real world, unless we are talking about our Classical Age (Romans, Persians, Greeks, etc... There is one particular diary/lore in Ark which I am very interested on hearing more about, because it puts the Classical Age with Dinosaurs - Nerva).

I keep repeating myself, but for Extinction, I do want more Story content, NPCs, Tek vehicles, new animals (hybrids would not be bad either, but I am open to new creatures entirely).

My two cents, but at this point, their Extinction content is probably set and only minor adjustments can be made. If they still want to release it this year that is. :D 

Cheers!

From the video, we see a "green zone" which looks very similar to the green zone in aberration, being maintained by an Obelisk (that semi-shuts down when the survivor lands, revealing a hellish landscape past the green zone). 

I would surmise that the green zone would have many normal dinos that we've seen before, including many of the utility harvesters like doeds, ankys, etc.  with the story that they come from the obelisk.  May pull something similar to aberration and SE where certain dinos were omitted and replaced, like how Aberration had no beavers/mammoths for wood, but had the new Roll Rats instead.   

The new area?   I'll be very disappointed if we don't see some titansaur or bigger sized Kaijus on post nuclear earth.

Also, Tek Mech suit reward or riot!

4 minutes ago, Lancelot said:

It would be cool.if we had a new type of dragon like creature.

Scorched Earth has wyverns

Aberration has Rock Drake

Extinction could have some other type of dragon...

What if instead, it has a giant ridable radioactive cockroach xD And shoulder rats as pets (rats love being on your shoulder anyway!)

56 minutes ago, Lancelot said:

It would be cool.if we had a new type of dragon like creature.

Scorched Earth has wyverns

Aberration has Rock Drake

Extinction could have some other type of dragon...

I think there may already be one. Looking at the silhouette on the countdown. Dracorex Hogwartsia. Looks like a Herbivore descended from a Pachycephalosaurus.

Either that or a Stygimoloch. Both descending from Pachycephalosaurus.

Again, we won't probably know till timer is up.

Guest DJRone89
3 hours ago, d1nk said:

Id be really pleased if there were no dinos or creatures at all and you did everything on foot.

There would have to be a lot more tools, backpacks, etc to manage weight / harvest resources.

A few Dodorex’s wander the land, and Dodowyvern’s terrorise the skies.

Just now, DJRone89 said:

A few Dodorex’s wander the land, and Dodowyvern’s terrorise the skies.

I definatley dont subscribe to the whole dodorex/wyv theory of them being cannon to Earth.. but that would be funny.

I think what they need is a map we can actually use Tek on, without being outclassed by a simple apprentice flak chest. They tried it with Aberration,with element crafting etc but obviously it didnt pan out. Rockwell shouldve dropped small chances of Tek blueprints.

To expand upon my points, it would be neat if they required Tek to survive on 90% of the planet. Sort of like how Hazard suit on Ab, require tek to breathe in the world. This being humanity's "last stand" and we know they used Tek often there would be abandoned buildings etc where you could.. for example.. recharge your suit. 

If they dont expand upon Tek in this expansion they are really missing an oppourtunity. 

The more i think about this expansion the more I (personally) think "no dinos" would make a lot of sense.

What are our goals in Extiction? To finally ascend and join homo dues? I dont think its that. I think we realize the H2 (new acronym for homo dues I just made) are just using us as lab rats and we rebel against them, destroying earth. One thing I do personally think is that this will be the last cannon expansion for Ark. We finally learn the end of the story and maybe it ends in a way that expands the game to a further, new, direction.

Guest DJRone89
42 minutes ago, Bigdaddy99 said:

On facebook, the ps4 guys think extinction was released today...

Bless ‘em

I’m not getting my hopes up about the poster dinos being added. They’re just using random dinosaurs in a nice poster, maybe all the artist was told was “do a brontosaurus, a different kind of triceratops and that small pachy from the new Jurassic movie” It doesn’t mean anything. 

Plus, if anything, Pachy needs a TLC rather than a replacement. Plus stiggy/dracorex was actually tiny, and they’re actually (almost certainly) just juvenile pachycephalosaurus. I know ark isn’t meant to be accurate, but what the heck could stiggy add to the game the pachy doesn’t already do. It’s too big for shoulders and too small to ride, so it’s pretty useless. Just because they use a Jurassic Park slogan and a dinosaur that is also featured in a Jurassic Park movie means NOTHING. It’s a game about dinosaurs, sooner or later games about dinosaurs will reference it.

Now, for creatures in Extinction: 

I expect there will be few, and almost all will be mutated to a degree. They’ll be the hardiest creatures known on earth, and the most adaptable. Rats, raccoons, vultures, seagulls, house flies, mosquitos, weasels, domestic cats, domestic dogs, House sparrows, rabbits, wild boars/pigs, opossums, roaches (obviously) and of course, pigeons.

Funny coincidence, dodos are technically pigeons. And there’s a certain creature rumored to become canon in Extinction closely related to dodos...Yeah, the dodorex will probably be added. Any invasive species, really. Fire ants could be added somehow (maybe the unused Swarm creatures in the devkit?)

I’m not sure that the theme will be hybrids, because it’ll just end up being people whining about “Do x mixed with x!” And being disappointed they couldn’t ride BOTH their favorite creatures. Rather, mutated, adaptable animals that could survive a mass extinction (including man) and Kaiju.

These will be the Ultimate Life-Forms created by Homo Deus that escaped their ARKS/were failures and went unused and so now live out their days on Earth. The mysterious roar in the teaser belongs to one such creature, who lives underground (it sounded underground/muffled to me) Other creatures may have a burrowing lifestyle as well.

I also think that we’ll meet Homo Deus at the end, and figure out what their exact goal is. I’m 99 percent sure the homo Deus hologram in the tek cave is actually a homo Deus, silently watching us. We’re almost certainly figure out their true intentions, which I think are good ones, but we are either:

1. Not meant to reach earth, and are supposed to eventually become homo Deus. Their intentions are good, but their plans don’t do much for them in the long run/they’re somewhat misguided.

2: We are at some point meant to reach earth, and are just fulfilling the homo Deus’s goal of repopulating and healing the earth and THEN becoming homo Deus or something. Their intentions are good and they’re (probably) taking the right course of action.

But that’s just a theory. A GAME THEORY.

Archived