[Official Servers] Splitting a Tribe

Arielzhou

Recently our tribe is closing in on the tribe dino cap and since we have members based in different bases and with their own dinos, we would like to seperate into two different tribes.

I've read that personally owned structures follows the player when they leave the tribe, but our tribe governance did not have the personally owned structures enabled at the time of building. If we switched the settings now, would the personally owned rule still apply?

If not, how would we go about doing the split and maintaining our individual bases?

• Volunteer Moderator

No it would have had to be done in when the tribe was formed. Changing it after the fact most likely wont help. You could try it with one person leaving. But from what i remember when I did it anything before the change was still considered tribe owned. Anything built after the change would be considered personal owned. But I havent done a split in a while maybe something changed I have not realized.  

If you do a split its pretty easy have someone leave give them the dinos by transfering. As for structures you could have them delete and get some resources back or help them farm new resources for new bases. 

6 minutes ago, Captnmorgan said:

No it would have had to be done in when the tribe was formed. Changing it after the fact most likely wont help. You could try it with one person leaving. But from what i remember when I did it anything before the change was still considered tribe owned. Anything built after the change would be considered personal owned. But I havent done a split in a while maybe something changed I have not realized.  

If you do a split its pretty easy have someone leave give them the dinos by transfering. As for structures you could have them delete and get some resources back or help them farm new resources for new bases. 

We knew transferring dinos would be easy but we would prefer to not have to rebuild since most of our base is in tek stuff and that was a pain to get and build with.

Would it be possible to contact a GM to get them to switch the structure ownership to the split tribe?l

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, Arielzhou said:

We knew transferring dinos would be easy but we would prefer to not have to rebuild since most of our base is in tek stuff and that was a pain to get and build with.

Would it be possible to contact a GM to get them to switch the structure ownership to the split tribe?l

You would have to ask them through a support ticket. I have no way of asking them or getting in touch with them. Im pretty sure they have more important issues though then helping a tribe split but you never know. 

Archived