Community Crunch 135: Code of Conduct Change, Great Migration Tomorrow, Modding Updates & Xbox Sale!

Jen

On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 3:19 PM, Aamin said:

Joint raids against one or more tribes (including cross-server)

Sharing tame breeding lines between tribes

Sharing tames between tribes

I have actually no idea how you ever going to enforce these rules above. I would love to see exactly how you guys try to do that. Even on top of everything, if you guys figure out how to police all of those rules that legit would ruin the social aspect / political game. All of you would be killing the "political plays" that people could pull of in getting themselves out of bad situations or to get them into good ones. I see this game as a PVP game, PVE game, and a political game. You need all three of those aspects of the game to survive in the ARK community. Whenever you see anybody in open world flying on their argies / pteras / quetz. Most people will say "hey how's it going". To try and build a relationship and a reputation on the server to keep their tribe alive and healthy. If you take away the political game away from ARK you will be killing ones of the ways ARK is meant to be played. If you apply this rule, I ask one thing of you guys please up the amount of people in tribe to at least 8-10. Most tribes are having to make 2 tribes to play "together" to actually try and have fun on this server. 

Thanks, sincerely half of the damn ARK community

You are obviously missing the entire point of small tribe PVP servers. The idea is for tribes to engage and fight one another not hold hands and cuddle. The previous mode of PVP had lots of the latter and little of the former. 6 players in a tribe is already actually very strong raising it to 10 would be overkill and a definite return of alpha/large tribes.

17 hours ago, Mendoza said:

@Jen, @JatheishSome ways you could stop some of the ill behaviour on the small tribes is :-

1. Disable pin codes for anyone not in the same tribe.

2. Disable un-claiming of dinos.

3. Make all fertile eggs raised by anyone outside of the tribe turn into non-fertile eggs or non-claimable..

4. Perhaps give offline raiding protection a go, as there are no alliances, it would be "somewhat" harder to exploit. (example; it would be harder to make another account and build close to active tribe to make invulnerable walls to hide behind.) 

--anyone else got some other ideas?

I was about to post this and then I saw your post. Points 2 and 3 could work fine but no 1 will create a problem with vaults and storage boxes as they default to unlocked with a pin code. 

Outside of those 3 points though I fail to see how they can enforce their rules unless they are suddenly going to have active admins on servers which is the only way really to enforce it. 

2 hours ago, ForzaProiettile said:

I was about to post this and then I saw your post. Points 2 and 3 could work fine but no 1 will create a problem with vaults and storage boxes as they default to unlocked with a pin code. 

Outside of those 3 points though I fail to see how they can enforce their rules unless they are suddenly going to have active admins on servers which is the only way really to enforce it. 

No, I doubt that the rules can really be enforced...  I'm more trying to suggest hard coded (server setting) ways to lessen the "cheatyness" so that it's more playable and enjoyable for all. 

seriously, how is one supposed to counter an offline raid? on the large cluster, you had international help to fill the holes your tribe had in daily activity but with 6 members the head scratching starts. tankers are too powerful. wc too stupid to code diminishing returns for humans and dinos. whoever though having a visible decay timer was a good thing should be kicked to the balls. that timer allows weasels to hide in the bushes and wait for the very second everyone logs off. 100k bullets easily soaked in under 30min with 2 stegos. honestly, how hard is it to code ORP that has 3x bullet dmg and 3x dmg resistance on structures? y u no skill, wc? y u no post in ur own forum? 

Guest GABRIELGOTHW0LF
On 12 June 2018 at 1:50 AM, flamron said:

Best of luck enforcing the informal alliances. That’ll be the death of the small tribe servers. They’ll shut everyone out and you’ll see 30-36 people on at all times that are one mega tribe. 

I agree people will always find a way to ally up and cheat the system. Because people are like that they just don't play fair. Sad but true. I like the idea as I was always a small based tribe but I see people making lots of small megatribes and ruining it. Toxic 

the change of the pillars should be soon, it is annoying to enter a new server of a dlc that pays, to see everything full of pillars and not being able to build anything

and fix the pve, I do not play in pve so that someone who has been playing for 3 years, tell me that
he wants to destroy my base because he wanted to build there, and if he declares war and kills me the few dinosaurs that I have, this is pve (player against cpu) I do not see why they give that option to veteran players make and break

and the lag for when, year 2018 and nothing that fixes errors since I was in early access.

47 minutes ago, NEMEKNEMESIS said:

the change of the pillars should be soon, it is annoying to enter a new server of a dlc that pays, to see everything full of pillars and not being able to build anything

and fix the pve, I do not play in pve so that someone who has been playing for 3 years, tell me that
he wants to destroy my base because he wanted to build there, and if he declares war and kills me the few dinosaurs that I have, this is pve (player against cpu) I do not see why they give that option to veteran players make and break

and the lag for when, year 2018 and nothing that fixes errors since I was in early access.

In PVE both parties have to agree to war and set the times of start and end. He cant do anything against you or your tames or your base.

17 hours ago, knucklehead said:

I love your new code of conduct. sadly you make rules, but don't enforce them. Gave up legacy to move to the new official servers for support. Seems as though that went out the window when game was considered finished, that or you didn't train your staff as well once you got your money.

Lololololololololol you act like they had support before official release. Support has been pretty non existant all along. 

On 6/12/2018 at 12:25 AM, DJRone89 said:

No it’s the Archeology Event.

No idea what that is but sounds exciting.

10 hours ago, SlinkyCarp78404 said:

I actually believe that it is for the sponsored mods program. Specifically Dragonpunk: Tribe of Gods.

That would be cool, looks like an interesting mod. 

I thought a little before Aberration they mentioned wanting to release Ab before the end of 2017 and the next DLC summer of 2018. So thats why Im thinking the DLC. Although I could be making this up in my head, its been so long I cant really remember. With no mention of the 3rd dlc in months I kind of doubt its coming any time soon.

I hate to be this persson but its gone on for 3 years now. Ark itself is an amazing game with enormous potential but is being ruined by the incompetence of the Dev Team and Comm Team(More so the Devs). Small tribes were an amazinng idea but due to lack of rules in place(CoC a week late with no way for swift enforcement), these servers have turned into regular servers with a name change.  Lets list some major problems. 1. Lack of servers means its nearly impossible to get and stay on a server, especially with broken Q system. 2. Inadequate communication on when new servers will be released. These 2 problems exist before u even get a chance to play the game which is pretty sad. As for problems that exist when u actually play. 1. Dino Transfers ruin these servers. Our entire server, that was less than 3 hrs old, was atked and taken over by a tribe riding 230 wyverns. 2. Tribes are getting around the 6 member limit. I personally talked to the Wyvern riders and they openly admitted to having well over 6 players and already own 5 servers? How can you effectively control 5 servers with a 6 player tribe. You cant. There is no fix for these problems so these servers have lost their value as "Small Tribes" and has instead became a place where Mega tribes of 20+ can exploit the increased rates to control servers with less effort than on normal servers. Its sickening that WC lacked the foresight to not properly deal with this beforehand, especially since they play the game.

1 hour ago, TedyBearOfDeath said:

Lololololololololol you act like they had support before official release. Support has been pretty non existant all along. 

I've always gotten support at all times. To me, it was fast support but some might say that 2 days is too much of a wait. I had gotten dinos unstuck from maps, recovered lost ones, recovered characters lost due to transferring, simple things but still. Again, support has been there for me in times of need.

1 minute ago, crimsonmist said:

I've always gotten support at all times. To me, it was fast support but some might say that 2 days is too much of a wait. I had gotten dinos unstuck from maps, recovered lost ones, recovered characters lost due to transferring, simple things but still. Again, support has been there for me in times of need.

We have become so accustomed to getting what we want quickly but people need to remember support is a complicated balance. Most companies do not and will not get enough people to keep your wait time lower than a few days due to shear numbers. 2 days is somewhat reasonable but me personally every case has been 5+ for first contact. That is to long.

9 minutes ago, FlashReturns said:

I hate to be this persson but its gone on for 3 years now. Ark itself is an amazing game with enormous potential but is being ruined by the incompetence of the Dev Team and Comm Team(More so the Devs). Small tribes were an amazinng idea but due to lack of rules in place(CoC a week late with no way for swift enforcement), these servers have turned into regular servers with a name change.  Lets list some major problems. 1. Lack of servers means its nearly impossible to get and stay on a server, especially with broken Q system. 2. Inadequate communication on when new servers will be released. These 2 problems exist before u even get a chance to play the game which is pretty sad. As for problems that exist when u actually play. 1. Dino Transfers ruin these servers. Our entire server, that was less than 3 hrs old, was atked and taken over by a tribe riding 230 wyverns. 2. Tribes are getting around the 6 member limit. I personally talked to the Wyvern riders and they openly admitted to having well over 6 players and already own 5 servers? How can you effectively control 5 servers with a 6 player tribe. You cant. There is no fix for these problems so these servers have lost their value as "Small Tribes" and has instead became a place where Mega tribes of 20+ can exploit the increased rates to control servers with less effort than on normal servers. Its sickening that WC lacked the foresight to not properly deal with this beforehand, especially since they play the game.

I agree that dev team is not doing enough. It may be time to incorporate a couple of new faces to the team (not sure how big is it now) so the game can improve more. I've always heard from players that having an admin on servers might be a good idea but I've never been to sure about that. About tribes owning the "small tribe servers" all I gotta say is that its ridiculous. This happens all the time on official normal servers, why would it not happen on miller servers? Some tribes just need to get rid of dinos. I've never been much of a pvp player but to my understanding wyverns aren't THAT good.

2 minutes ago, Zarcony said:

We have become so accustomed to getting what we want quickly but people need to remember support is a complicated balance. Most companies do not and will not get enough people to keep your wait time lower than a few days due to shear numbers. 2 days is somewhat reasonable but me personally every case has been 5+ for first contact. That is to long.

Definitely, five days is too long. Now that I remember, I experienced a case where a friend of my friend lost his character when transferring to SE (he was initially in the island). He made the mistake of logging to his original server with the new character so he couldn't join his tribe because his admin friend was on vacation and the other new people couldn't invite him ? it was funny but I would of probably been so angry if it were me at the time. We invited him to our tribe in the meantime while he got his issue resolved. Three days passed and finally someone responded to his ticket so an appointment could be scheduled 2 or 3 days later.

5 hours ago, TedyBearOfDeath said:

In the past, i have had gms come into game to fix issues, now they change tickets to solved without doing anything and make it so you can't reply to them. So there is difference